Rejected Ban Appeal - SoulWart [a csgo gambling site]

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by SoulWart, Feb 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoulWart

SoulWart Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    SteamRep block
    | steamname: SoulWart
    | steam3ID: [U:1:115952653]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:57976326
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198076218381
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/soulwart
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198076218381

What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    SoulWart [a csgo gambling site]

When did it happen?
    2017/02/08

What's the specified reason?
    Advertising

Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    [I had been warned once, but on a diffrent time. That was about not having csgobig in my name, and that it was blacklisted. So i never played with that tag again. This time i just got flat banned. i dont think that having a site in my names is advertisment, so i thought its okay but seems like not.]

I think i should be unbaned because im a frequent player of the FoG saxton hale server, i think there are people who would wouch for me to get unbaned.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  2. Miller1989

Miller1989 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Are you serious? Is this the reason you want to get unbanned? Maybe take this a little bit more serious instead of wasting everyones time.
    Thanks

3. SoulWart

SoulWart Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'm sorry i missread the question, i updated the post now.

4. TheBluekr

TheBluekr Creator of ClOS Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Here's your SR block:
    Requesting to expand the reason as of why you should be unbanned, not when.
    As of the reason why you're banned.
    §2c and §4a of the Team Fortress 2 - Server Rules states
    I've requested multiple times if you could change your name and remove the links but this didn't happened. I considered the possibility that you could have been AFK when you were dead so I requested it again when you were alive, this didn't happened still. As result I decided to ban you for violating our rules.

Since I'm the admin that has decided to ban I'll leave it to the owner to decide if he wants to unban you since I'm not allowed to handle the appeal.
    -Blue

5. SoulWart

SoulWart Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'm not aware of you requesting me to change my name or remove the url. I'm a obeidient individual and if i saw your requests i wouldve complied.

6. Enrimeus

Enrimeus alt_Human Member

[​IMG]
    This was a while ago, I joined VSH and said hello. I was using voice as I normally do and you recognised me, asked me if I was staff. I then responded and told you how I remembered you. I shortly asked you to remove a site link from your name or you would be permanently banned due to the rules of the server. You said "sure" in response to this and did change your name.
    You know its against the rules as I had asked you once before and you had no problem complying. But, as of today you had added a link that we ban again and joined the server and were banned by the Server Manager (TheBluekr). Gambling is also illegal in some countries and to the extent of what you can and can't do varies but nonetheless I don't understand why you'd advertise not just 1 but 2 gambling sites at once after removing a link a while ago for it just being blacklisted as you admit [​IMG]
    Think of it like this: You decide to not eat fast food chips because they are unhealthy, so you substitute it with lots of chocolate paired with sugary drinks. Get what I'm saying?
    I'll leave that here to reflect on for now.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. SoulWart

SoulWart Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I wasn't aware that all of the site's arent allowed, since you talked about csgobig, i fatefully thought that only that site is not allowed in the name. Now i guess that no sites are allowed this shouldn't occur if im unbaned

8. Enrimeus

Enrimeus alt_Human Member

You are a nice guy and I've had no problems with you on the server. As I said, you removed the link when I asked you to almost immediately.
    These are the sites to exception for having in your name: https://forums.f-o-g.eu/threads/current-sites-exempt-from-the-no-banned-steam-links-rule.13708/
    As well as tf2mart.net. I would vouch to have you unbanned for this, in future, maybe ask if a particular link is ok to have or not and this can help you avoid this in future. But, this does not mean you advertising 2 gambling sites was ever a good idea regardless.

9. TheBluekr

TheBluekr Creator of ClOS Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    After discussing this internally I got permission to decline this.
    Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.