Rejected Ban Appeal - fayans

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by kaos, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaos

kaos Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    SteamRep block

What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    fayans

When did it happen?
    21.08.2016 22:51

What's the specified reason?
    Cyberbullying,Racism,Swears, Admin Disrespect, breaking minor rules

Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    Greetings. I got banned from this server around a year ago, but I'm not sure. The server I got banned from was one of my favourites, also one of the rare servers all my friends were playing on as well, which led to a lot of jokes, some of them really offensive. I know I made a mistake by breaking rules which I can only explain with the fact I haven't played much on Community Servers,. My behaviour was unacceptable as I did what I was told to do and followed on the bad ideas. I truly apologise for that. Not everyone is granted a second chance, but I would like to ask for one to prove I have changed. I would appreciate if you considered my appeal. I truly believe my behaviour improved and I hereby promise to show a lot more control over myself and watch what I say and do more carefully to keep everything within the rules of the server.

2. Drago

Drago Member

| steamname: 3leg
    | steam3ID: [U:1:189362909]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:94681454
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198149628637
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/swinginhard
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198149628637

Also, while I think that everyone deserves a second chance, your case is... questionable.
    Yes, you may have improved, but at the same time, you literally have 20/30+ banned alts.
    I don't know, honestly. I'd like to stay neutral, but there is literally an entire wall of alts to stop me from that.
    However, because that would make me a hypocrite, considering that I want to give most people a second chance, I'd still say that you deserve ONE last chance to appeal and improve your behavior.
    I am fully aware that I am most likely the only person that has this opinion, but my opinion will hardly matter in this case anyway.
    Good luck nonetheless.

Backstabbing edit: To be quite exact, he technically was granted enough chances, but they wore off after the 5th alt.
    Lets be for real here, he had countless alts, basically ban evading everytime and showing off how he doesn't care about the rules, while not changing for a single time/for a single alt.
    I like him as a friend, but if I would be objective here, I wouldn't give him another chance.
    Should we still grant him another chance? No, I'd still grant him another chance (because I am obviously hugely biased), just for the sake of making the next ban the final ban for all eternity.
    I know that a punishment shouldn't be revoked because some random guy thinks that his flawed / biased opinion should be counted as an actual fact/opinion, but what else can I do other than asking for another chance?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  3. Archaon Everchosen

Archaon Everchosen Chaos Marks Us All Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    As Drago stated above, most players deserves a second chance and I would really like you to have it, however I'm pretty unsure what to say in this case. You created alt accounts to join our server only to show unacceptable (nearly cancerous) behaviour in the past. The ban is currently 11 months old and you do seem to take this ban appeal more seriously which does show a bit more maturity. You haven't been online for quite some time after you got banned from FoG and I really do hope you were thinking about what you've done and how you can change. My final answer is: I think you deserve ONE last chance. Good luck!

4. Fames

Fames Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I've known fayans for a long time now, and I'm confident that he can show maturity if he wants to. He asked me and other admins multiple times when he's going to get an answer, so I'd say that he really takes this seriously and therefore wants to change.
    Should get a second chance? Yes, definitely. Everyone deserves atleast one second chance.

5. Littlemadtiger

Littlemadtiger Forum Police Member

I'd say maybe. There have been ex-admins who have been granted 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th chances after bans. So, what makes a difference here that we shouldn't allow him a last chance? It would make for a double standard.

As for the alts, definitely not okay. 20 banned alts? Definitely would like an explanation to that.

6. hyoon

hyoon ble ble ble Member

I have known Fayans for around 3-4 years now and i can assure you that he can show maturity when needed. I can see by your ban appeal that you are taking this more serious and therefor really want to be unbanned. I agree with most people here and think that he deserves a second chance.

7. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I would personally grant you a second chance, if it weren't for the fact that you created 20 alts over the course of a month to bypass your ban.
    With that, and unless @Faggot@Faggot thinks otherwise, I would deny your appeal.

@Faggot@Faggot can make a final verdict on this.

8. Faggot

Faggot Lets make it happen! Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    As n0:name stated above you could have gotten a second chance if you had not made various alt accounts to bypass your ban.
    Having this in mind I will deny this appeal.

Closing and moving

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.