Invalid Ban Appeal - Continued

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by Continued, Feb 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Continued

Continued Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    SteamRep block
    | steamname: Continued
    | steam3ID: [U:1:242779166]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:121389583
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198203044894
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Dazeoh
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198203044894

What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    Continued

When did it happen?
    18.02.2017 19:37

What's the specified reason?
    'telling staff what to do'

Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    Allow me to explain the story and why the ban (One week might I say) is unjust in my opinion, based on the context it was given.

As far as I am aware, I have had no previous bans on FoG, so for my first ban to be a week long (given by Miller where the only other week long bans he has given out are for severe offences such as racism) I believe it is quite an extraordinary amount of time to have been given considering it is my first.

However, an issue arrives with the whole reasoning behind the mute. I did not once tell Miller 'what to do' in the time of the ban. I was talking to Miller about the reasoning behind my previous mutes, at which I said they were most likely for staff disrespect. He told me that I am on thin ice and should be careful with what I am saying to refrain from getting any other mutes. I told him, that if I believe an admin is doing a bad job then I will speak up, I will tell the admin if they're not doing their job properly, not once did I insult him I was only stating what I would do if a point were to occur that I thought an admin was doing their job incorrectly.

I understand how Miller could have assumed I was insulting him in an indirect way as I had previously stated that I disagreed with his system of punishing the mic spammers in the game, however the statement of 'I will tell an admin when they are doing a sh*t job' was not directed towards him. However, this (I believe it was this statement) that achieved me the one week in game gag (bearing in mind I have had only 3 gags and 1 ban, all of which are provided by Miller).

And so, after the gag a couple of people were groaning in chat like 'awww' and FZ (Firezone) also typed a little bit saying 'not continued, I like him' so I decided to talk in voice chat. I was saying how I could still talk. So I began saying to Miller that if an admin is doing a bad job then of course I am going to tell them (I can't remember anything further than that) other than Miller saying that I was going to be banned now, so I said 'Okay thanks, how long for' and then I was disconnected.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miller stated that he was fed up, and that on a 'good day' he would be a little bit more lenient with the mic spammers, however today he clearly wasn't feeling it. However not at one point did I tell Miller how to do his job, if anything it was a conversation about how to deal with mic spammers, I told him I would load up my recording software to be on the look out next time since he wanted evidence of the third mic spammer. I told him this to which he replied that I was no saint myself and that unless I wanted to join them with a mute or ban I should watch what I am saying. He told me I was on thin ice which in anyone's mind is a threat. So I asked him if he was threatening me which he didn't say he was or was not. He told me that I had previous mutes to which I said 'most likely for staff disrespect'.

As I am saying, neither of us were in the right Miller, obviously you have the power to act on me being in the wrong but I have no power to restrain you when you are in the wrong. Telling you that I would speak out to admins who are doing a bad job was not directed towards you and more generalised to the fact that you pointed out my staff disrespect mutes. And so 'telling staff what to do' being your only reason, I believe to be false as I did not once directly tell you how or what to do, instead I offered a solution to the issue of not having any evidence of the third mic spammer (which I said we could 24/7 livestream the PoV of the bot) and then later said that I would load up my recording software. Understandably you may have woke up on the wrong side of the bed but beginning with an unprovoked attack on me through public humiliation in the server chat 'you are not a saint yourself' and telling me that I am on thin ice and should watch what I say is not the way about it.

2. Miller1989

Miller1989 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I came on the server and muted two people instead of three.
    You basically where mocking the situation of me not muting people when I don't have the evidence.
    Not only that but you also told me how to do my job, which I don't like, unless you are another admin, or at least a close friend of mine that is very active in the server and the community.
    I told you that "you are walking on thin ice" because you already got muted twice. I gave you this information for you to know that if you get muted more often it (firstly) won't look good and (secondly) you eventually would get a ban. Also I am not going to listen to advice of a person that breaks rules after already having a connection time of 2 days 03:05:25 hours.

Please read the chat log.
    http://stats.f-o-g.eu/chat/csgo (It starts at 18 Feb 2017 19:24:51)

Here is the video evidence of where you continued the situation, after I only put a gag of 120 minutes on you.
    http://files.f-o-g.eu/b0fd68e8633c006f93034fg96a4fa084

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  3. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Miller acted correct when only muting 2 out of 3. Why would he just take someones word that someone else was spamming? He was told to only execute things when he thinks he is in the right, and when the third is not doing anything there is nothing to punish.
    The part about thin ice I've talked to Miller about and mentioned that its not the way to go. That was a misunderstanding seemingly. Miller is free to turn down any advice. But maybe you should phrase it better;

I have asked for others opinions and they agree that this
    [​IMG]
    was you saying that he is doing his job wrong and that you know better.
    Now this is not particularily telling him what to do but it is picking further of a fight.
    Your chat towards Miller is filled with passive agressive comments
    [​IMG]

Backseat moderating would have been a week ban (no matter the previous history).

Marked as invalid since we dont handle bans under 6 months.
    I will leave this ban since you have a toxic and disrespectful history. Use this week to maybe start reconsidering your behaviour.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.