Implemented Another VSH map!

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by cryprotree, Feb 13, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cryprotree

cryprotree Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I would like to see my "new" vsh map in futher testing (the map has been run on only 1 other hale server but FoG hale server is pretty much the best in connection/stability vise for me and I have been playing here quite a long). I would like to see how ppl actually like it and maybe I get some new ideas how to make it even better playing.
    Link for the map: vsh_canyon_raid_b3.5 (Team Fortress 2 > Maps > Versus Saxton Hale) - GAMEBANANA

2. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    In all seriousness, this should be fine, as we can then talk about what is good or bad about it and should get updates to fix this.
    It would be a nice addition to the maps as we can get input on it so to speak.
    +1 would want.
    @cryprotree@cryprotree
    From speaking where I only see the screenshots;
    I'd suggest removing the capture point, we do not like slackers :D

From what I have seen the map looks fairly ish small so maybe add some of these;
    Maybe have a third out side small building with some ammo and health packs, some place for engineers to stay in that is not focusing on the main two buildings. - This would be that it may be a little more favorable to the original spawn to build, but a bit harder to get too due to it being outside in plain area. This would also give a chance to any would-be demoknights and such to stock up on health if hale is in the spawn buildings.

Maybe have a little hill instead of an enclosed building as mentioned above, or both, this would just give a bit more maneuverability to the classes that will fight outside, for examples spies using higher ground to backstack easier, or demos using it to help get heads and not be hit etc etc, rather than just flat world.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  3. cryprotree

cryprotree Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The test version for solo play comes with the .zip, so I recommend you to try out the map and see actually how large it is. Earlier version was simply too big according to some ppl so I have even downscaled it a little bit.

4. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ok, It probably was just the scale of the buildings to map size that made it look smallish,
    Will download it and look later.

5. TheBluekr

TheBluekr Creator of ClOS Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'm not experienced with making commentary on maps, but with what Spartan said I think it should work out.
    I got to agree, we need a bit more maps than the current rotation uses. It feels quite limited.
    +1

6. Downie

Downie CEO of Downcorp Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Added the 4.0 version to the rotation.

7. cryprotree

cryprotree Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  8. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Issues with map, the hills around the outside are nice, but you then get the rim of the map which causes a lot of issues for hale when he tries to climb up to it and reach snipers, it takes him waaay too long to get up to a sniper on the outmost rim of the map and then chase him and then repeat for the next sniper, it'd be better if the rim was made to have clear ramps up to it and the rim itself made more flat, so hale does not have the issue with trying to super jump, hit a glitchy spot and slide without being able to get to the point he needs to be at.

Do not get me wrong, it is a nice feature, it just needs to be made easier to climb as it takes too long in its current state.

Also, you cannot currently flare gun jump (maybe rocket jump) off of the hills and sides of maps.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  9. cryprotree

cryprotree Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hello Spartan, as you might have missed, the canyon is now more flat and way much smaller than it was in b4 (current one in the rotation). Also hale can climb up the canyon via ladder that is actually the only route up there so it's very easy to spot snipers at the begining of a round. The highest ground in b5 is 1/2 height of the highest one in b4. I have played the map (b4) once and people told me the outskirts were too high so for now I think that b5 is going to right direction.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  10. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Oh ok, I must have missed the update post. @Downie@Downie update it pliz.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  11. Downie

Downie CEO of Downcorp Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Updated.

12. cryprotree

cryprotree Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Version b6 released! Read the changelog also. B5 needs to be updated into b6 ASAP :)

13. cryprotree

cryprotree Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.