Declined Another server proposal

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Snake, May 12, 2017.

?

What server would you like to see?

1. Super Smash Bro's Brawl

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. Deathrun

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Custom maps server

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. x10

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Randomizer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Zombie Escape (TF2 version)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Keep trade/Don't change anything

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  8. Other (post which other gamemode)

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snake

Snake Snake? Snake?! SNAAAAAAAAAAKE?!?!?!? Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hello people, Snake here with a server proposal. So since the F-o-G trading server are dead most of the time I decided to make this thread. It’s worth a shot. The things I’ll be talking about are multiple gamemode’s to attract more people.

Super Smash Bro's Brawl: I think most of us have played this gamemode on the Nintendo wii. Yes this gamemode is exactly what you think it is. People need to knock each other off of an arena. They do this by hitting people of course. The more you get hit, that further you will fly. I think this gamemode might be a cool idea since there’s not that many server that actually have this gamemode. However this could be hard to begin with. Don’t know if people will join it as much as other servers.

Deathrun: I’ll keep persisting this. Deathrun is a great gamemode. Even though it died out about a year ago, I think we should give it another shot. Most people know about this gamemode and thus it’s most likely to get popular. I won’t explain what this is since I’m sure people know already. I’ve been on many deathrun servers but nothing was like the first F-o-g one. Other servers have BHOP, RTD and all those other annoying stuff. This makes it unfair for death itself. Maybe this gamemode will stand out from the rest if we change that.

Custom maps server: This is basically a server with weird/original maps. Maps like ctf_2foooooooort, plr_highertower and all those maps. Since maps like these are getting more populated by youtubers, it might be a good addition to our server. They don’t have to be remakes of already existing maps. They can also be maps like trainsawlazer (look up if you do not know what this map is about). You get the idea.

X10/randomizer: I know this one already got rejected some time ago. But I think it’s still worth to put this one in here. I have had a blast playing x10 and randomizer. There’s something about it what makes it enjoyable to play. Maybe even combine them together. (this will most likely not be the best idea since many servers with x10 and randomizer combined have died it out)

Zombie escape: This gamemode is cool. Based on CS:GO’s zombie escape, people need to run from zombies. Zombies can be shot in the process. This gamemode will most like consists of a group of engineers running from zombies (medic’s). When you die, you join the zombies. Engineers need to survive for a certain amount of time. Last one alive gets a speed boost. I have no idea if these servers are populated or not but I still put it in here.

That’s it, any suggestions/feedback would be appreciated. I will also have a poll in this thread to take notes on what people would like to see.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day!

2. Spoke

Spoke Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    MGE server would be nice but Smash Bros would be cool aswell.

3. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    We already have 2 Highertower servers, which can be found in gameMe.
    As for the other ideas - sorry, but not gonna waste my time setting up those servers only for them to sit empty 24/7.

Deathrun died out when Valve wasn't as much after killing community servers, randomizer similar, the rest barely has 1-2 populated servers.
    FF2/Dodgeball was also something that got suggested but never took off.

4. Snake

Snake Snake? Snake?! SNAAAAAAAAAAKE?!?!?!? Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ah well, that's too bad then. Was worth a shot. However, I would like for this thread to be open for a few more days. If that is okay. Just to see what people would like to see.

Last edited: May 13, 2017
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. Uncle Lance

Uncle Lance Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    what about another game instead of TF2?

6. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    @Uncle Lance@Uncle Lance
    Which one for example? Must be self-hostable (so server files available) on linux servers.

7. Rizor

Rizor eZ Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ark Survival Evolved
    Lets build our own DIno bases :p

8. Uncle Lance

Uncle Lance Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    on linuxGSM there are loads of populair supported games, but I suggest from the list, choose survival games. as Rizor said, ARK: Survival Evolved is a great example to have on this community, because the community of survival games is very, very active and it'd be a great opportunity for a big community like this.

some survival games on the site: Rust, ARK: Survival Evolved and 7 Days To Die (but, eww... Minecraft, just no, let's be real.)

it's so simple even I made couple servers :^)

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  9. old bear

old bear Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I think the only 2 logical things to do. The first is to shut down the trade #2 server and not replace it (don't know if this will make the other servers which are hosted on the same computer as this one perform better but if it does, I would go with this option), the other one is to replace it with a CS:GO server (now I'm might not be correct about this option since I don't know much about thr popularity in our CS:GO comunity)

10. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    trade #2 is actually more popular than trade #1 (going by player numbers), so trade #1 would get shut down first.

As for this suggestion in general, I would probably wait till summer when school is over, as our other servers are a bit quiet as well.
    May look into the ARK server in the meantime, although I would need someone to configure it - not playing the game, so don't have a clue how it works either.

Marking this as rejected for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.