Accepted Angelmander (76561198093792277)

Discussion in 'Scam Reports (archive)' started by ForteSP, Feb 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForteSP

ForteSP Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  2. Fenrir

Fenrir Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    "Im going to report someone who quit trading"

3. chickpoint

chickpoint Awesome Member Legacy Management Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    • Don't use caps while posting
    • No need to insult people on a report
    • No spamming, 1 response is enough
    Just saying, people won't take you seriously this way. If you have something against this report then make a post based on facts or evidence which shows the other side of the story. This is not what we want to see on our forums, especially not here

4. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    No worries, permabanned him.
    He is a notorious shitposter and also banned from the bp.tf forums.

5. ForteSP

ForteSP Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  6. λngelღмander

λngelღмander Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    About eight months ago, in early may, I quit trading due to my outpost ban (yes) for trading with scammer alts. It seems that this user reported me not to help the community to be a safer place, but out of spite because he didn't like me being involved in the community.

I can prove that none of the alts that were traded with were marked on steamrep at the time of the trade, as I always checked people's backpack.tf profiles before trading with them, and the scammer tag would have shown on that profile. I never received a single warning ban for trading with scammers prior to my permanent ban, and had only learned about them after the fact. Backpack.tf gave me a two week warning ban, polar unbanned my account in late november after I proved a few trades that they had thought occurred hadn't.

Due to all of this, if anything, a warning is still in order, not a ban from your site. And to rosalina, whatever I did to you that made you so angry, sorry bud.

7. ForteSP

ForteSP Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    irrelevant. Rule states that it's obvious alt or scammer or pending scammer. You committed not one. not two. not three but FIVE trades with scammers. That's absurd. 5 trades.

Also I have nothing against you, you didn't anger me. You just commented on a thread I commented on and seeing your outpost history it was decided that a report was warranted.

8. λngelღмander

λngelღмander Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well with that said, that still leaves us at a dilemma. I of course never intentionally traded with scammers, and I do understand that trading with scammers is a bannable offense, the damage it does to the community notwithstanding. I've been attempting to be a productive and helpful member of the community since my outpost ban, I've made numerous threads, suggestions, and efforts to help stop the thing that happened to me from happening to someone else. It is my intention and goal to continue my affiliation with SourceRep.net as a growing community, and if I am marked on FoG (and therefore steamrep) it will halt all of these activities, as I will no longer be taken seriously.

I would genuinely like to be a helpful member of the community, any community, and I an deeply penitent for my trades with scammers from november 2013-june 2014. It just snuck up on me, I was grossly negligent and never realized my mistake until after my ban on outpost happened.

I have not made any trades for profit or been a part of the actively trading community for eight months, and furthermore I do not intend to rejoin it, ever. I simply want to spend the rest of my time on steam being beneficial to newcomers and making the community a safer place, in any way I can. Thank you.

9. λngelღмander

λngelღмander Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I would also like to stress the fact that I was shown leniency by backpack.tf for the very same offenses, given a warning ban of two weeks and told not to trade with scammers again. Outpost, though, I was less fortunate. I had originally been banned on backpack.tf for a trade I didn't do, but I provided the trade history all the way back to June on my account and cleared my name there. My final trades with scammers were the ones listed in the outpost ban, as after I learned my mistake I made no further dealings with alts and scammed hats.

10. Fenrir

Fenrir Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    To me it seems excruciatingly obvious that this report was not made in an attempt to make the community a better place. This entire report's purpose is malignant and it's intent is to harm the person. I say this because the person reporting knows fully well that Angel does not trade anymore, and has not done so in a long time. There is no other reason to make this report than damage the accused's reputation. This is evident also through ForteSP / Rosalina's specific targeting of other bp.tf members. This report is useless, since the accused has not traded for a long time, and it all it serves for is to damage his reputation and stop him from being trusted as a member of the community.

Furthermore, it can be disputed that the trades were made before the tags were placed on the scammers in question. I don't know what you have against the accused Forte / Rosalina, but sometimes the enemy wins

11. λngelღмander

λngelღмander Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'm not trying to escape the whole event unscathed, I understand that a punishment is warranted. I'm serving my permanent ban on outpost, and don't trade, all I do is for the best of the community. Marking me is overkill, as my outpost ban stopped me from trading anyway. Marking me may engender the bans of other users, as now I would be unsafe to trade with. I'm just a community man now. I'm trying my hardest to redeem myself, it's like putting a guy on probation for a crime, then throwing him in jail after he became a community advocate, years after the crime. It isn't really necessary. What else can I say? I'm assuming that some sort of administrative action will be taken against me by FoG, I'm just hoping it's lenient so I am not barred from my current occupations.

12. λngelღмander

λngelღмander Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Sounds like a crappy position to be in. I can understand having greed get the better of your senses. I suppose I'd be more active in the community after this whole thing blows over, assuming it falls in my favor, because I really would like to help the community, but I don't know what good I'd be with a scammer tag. Something needs to be done about these scammers, seriously, good traders are getting taken down left and right over these sorts of things. It's a really sad thing to see. I personally saw it happen to Cranwell, and then Cedar, some friends of mine on the backpack.tf forums, and now it looks like I might join the club. Best of luck to you outgrowing your reputation, Cobalt!

13. Cobalt

Cobalt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    He's the reason I came back at all, pretty much gave me the idea that there are still good people out there, and that I should do my best to be one of them. I hope I'm doing okay so far.
    Only thing I regret from all that is that the appeal is still pending after being submitted last May, and because he's still marked as a scammer, I had to remove him from my list to keep it clean. I still contact him from time to time to talk about old times and life. You don't come across good people often in the Steam community, especially the trading part.

14. λngelღмander

λngelღмander Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    That really sucks, I'd hate to lose a good friend over something like that. I've never been so personally involved in a scam before, but I came to know penek somewhat well when he scammed a friend of mine out of a bud. Needless to say we don't get along too well. Though he likes to advertise his latest scams to me. He's one of the reasons I got into the community in the way I am.

15. Cobalt

Cobalt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    He brought you into the community as a person with a marked past you mean?

16. λngelღмander

λngelღмander Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I met penek before I was banned on outpost, and he grated me at that time. Eventually, after some time, I just talked to him every once in a while, and I watched him be unhappy in life due to his scamming. There was, of course, nothing I could have done but watch, because he always got banned so quickly when he made alts. He just failed over and over. I told him he should make a fresh start, and never scam again, and he thought that the community had wronged him, and that he had to get back at it by scamming. Needless to say, seeing that kind of spurred me into the community, and now with my own pretty sad past to match, I know how it feels. Nowadays, after my outpost ban, and having given my backpack to a friend, I feel a sort of obligation to help stop that from happening. So I talked somewhat infrequently about scammers and scam prevention on backpack.tf, and just recently became part of an anti-scamming website.

17. λngelღмander

λngelღмander Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well, It's looking like I'm going to get marked here, from information I gathered over the duration of this report, and other things, so I just have a few things to say for the record, whether or not it matters to those who will rule on my case. For starters, I didn't mean to trade with any of the scammers I did, in fact, none of the trades even seemed too fishy but one, and I investigated that one trade very thoroughly and none of the hats were suspicious looking, or the user. I was completely inept in the detection of scammers, and to an extent, unaware of the consequences of trading with them. I am sorry about the whole ordeal, who better to hear it from than me that I wish none of it had ever happened. Action had been taken against me on multiple different websites following my original ban, and I thought that would be the end of it. It was my entering the community that spurred this report to be made. For what it's worth, to the community and anyone reading this, I apologize. Thanks for reading, and for giving me enough time to reflect on this.

18. λngelღмander

λngelღмander Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  19. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hi, looking into this report, and from the google document you provided, I believe that 2 of the trades can be ignored, due to the age of the accounts and the relative stability of backpack, however before I make a final verdict, can I have screenshots of your actual trade history showing what you bought and sold these items for?

20. λngelღмander

λngelღмander Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    For the sake of speed, which two trades, so I can just pinpoint them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.