Rejected Achievement/Idle :: F-o-G.eu - Instant Respawn UFO Bug

Discussion in 'Report a problem (archive)' started by [FoG]Toothless #NightFury, May 23, 2015.

?

Achivment 9J or R13

1. 9J (Current Map)

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. R13 (Updated Map)

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [FoG]Toothless #NightFury

[FoG]Toothless #NightFury Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hello everyone,

recently I noticed that the UFO gets stuck in the middle of the map quite often and fires multiple lasers per minute wich makes the part of the map below the UFO inaccessible. It's not just that you can't play on that area anymore. A lot of people camp on top of the UFO aswell, they are even able to build sentries there.
    And since it's hard to reach the top of the UFO it's almost impossible to kill people standing on it without going sniper.

I also wanted to ask if it'd be possible to add a newer version of the map like the achivment apg remade R13 since the current map is still the old 9J version.

Proof Screenshots:

http://i.imgur.com/b5j2tjT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/INW0ynS.jpg

2. Sky

Sky Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Gib link, then I'll test it out.

3. [FoG]Toothless #NightFury

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Link of what?

4. Sky

Sky Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You forgot what you wrote there?
    The map, silly.

5. [FoG]Toothless #NightFury

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  6. Polygone

Polygone Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Would love a new map
    I support that since the current one gets boring really fast.

7. Sky

Sky Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Holy shit.
    Most resupply lockers removed, some secrets removed but a lot more added, a button added to the sentries that will respawn them (no more hours of waiting for them to respawn), a bell to the boxing room, some new places added, the design got way better looking, and even more.
    Found one tiny problem so far. You know the 3 dolls (or whats) outside the building with the sentries? If you hit the head of one of them, you get teleported to the visually glitchy room. The top of it. If you start moving you either end up inside or outside the room. If you're outside you're gonna have to kill yourself cause you can't go anywhere.
    But besides that and that I didn't try with the (newer) secrets, I only found good stuff. Definitely worthy of a replace if you ask me. @n0name@n0name

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  8. [FoG]Toothless #NightFury

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'm glad you like it. Would be nice if some of the Achivment Admins could post their opinions aswell.

9. .ax

.ax idk Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I could try the map out tomorrow, I'll tell my opinion then.

EDIT: Hmmm, my memory isn't the best..

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  10. Sky

Sky Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    bump

11. Namaco

Namaco Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Will try it out later today, i will share my opinion afterwards.

12. Another Mundy

Another Mundy Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It's not a glitch, the UFO was made to be controlled, while creating a func_tracktrain I and Emnu selected for it to be controllable by players, there is a way to do that.

Also, the new version of the map sucks. Lots of the good and useful secrets are gone, and it's not an achievement map anymore, it's more of a warzone map as that's what APG is trying to achieve since the 9j version of the map. The lockers are there for people who want to make achievements, so are most of the things like the healthpacks etc.

I'd say a huge no to the update of the map, 9j is the best version (as I was still a co-creator of this ver B))

13. [FoG]Toothless #NightFury

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The Private Rooms are the same on both versions. They still have Resupply Lockers.
    Players are supposed to do the achivments there as far as I know. The rest of the map has always been a "warzone".
    Also, the sentry house in the middle of the map was upgraded to a large bunker wich is also a big plus since it blocks the view of snipers at CW2. This prevents them from spawncamping and gives a little protection to players at CW1 in general.

By the way, what do you mean with "good and useful" secrets? The newer version has way better secrets and a parkour wich actually is a challenge.
    And you can't say no to a possible update only because you were a co-creator. I mean, you can't tell me that you would you refuse a free iPhone only because you were a co-creator of the Nokia 3310.

14. Another Mundy

Another Mundy Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    First of all, sorry for a late response. I have accidentally cleared this out of the new posts tab.

The private rooms are a thing, but as spoken before the achievement/idle server is made for.. well... making achievements and idling. The warzone shouldn't be updated to be an even better warzone, since there are other "War" servers provided by FoG on which you can play.

Reffering to the iPhone comment, well yeah I would take the iPhone if it still would be a phone. Imagine taking a phone like that, scraping nearly all the ways of communication with it. The secrets aren't anyhow better, they are actually too easily accesable and unchallenging as I found out about literally every single secret all by meself about first two to three hours into the map. The private rooms are pretty small too. There are only four rooms which will most likeley be accessed by 8 players at tops, what about the other 24 players?

TL;DR
    The new update of the map is missing it's point - as Emnu (the main crator) stated - it's made for fighting, not for achievements.

15. .ax

.ax idk Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    What if we had these two maps in a map rotation?

16. Sky

Sky Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Pointless.

We're going to need more votes on the maps, if we should change it or not. Toothless, you can add a poll to this thread by going to the top (right above the first post) go to Thread Tools > Add a Poll to this Thread. You know the rest.

17. [FoG]Toothless #NightFury

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  18. Downie

Downie CEO of Downcorp Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Map rotation means people leaving. So that would be a big no for an idle server.

19. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    As this is an intentional feature and not a bug, I will close this topic.
    The current version is just fine, and as Downie mentioned, a rotation would empty out the server even more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.