Resolved 76561198061836787 (Frost)

Discussion in 'Scam Reports (archive)' started by Cookie Monster, Aug 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    | steamname: FROST QS> 250+ UNUS [⇄]
    | steam3ID: [U:1:101571059]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:50785529
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198061836787
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/fr0stqs
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198061836787

First Trade which user recieved a warning from outpost on: You can probably get a date in the users notes.

TF2 Outpost / User / Pablo2000
    http://www.tf2outpost.com/item/440,3417415886,151,

Second Most Recent High Value Trade Involving paypal
    HUGE TRADE WITH SCAMMER ALT/Hijacker Alt
    300+ key trade with
    steamname: vanillabeanduck
    | steam3ID: [U:1:5687469]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:2843734
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197965953197
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/vanilladuck
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197965953197
    Vanilla had HIGH VALUE ITEMS which randomly showed in his backpack one day. Never logged into outpost. Low game hours. This should of been a big red flag there should have been no way for frost to miss it.

Here is just one of the items History - backpack.tf

Proof of huge trade is in scammers comments
    fmrcZoT.png
    Check users bp history to see all items that left vanillabeanduck's Backpack - backpack.tf

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Legacy Trade Moderator).**

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  2. polar

polar Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Toughsox showed this to me the other day. I'd like to hear FoG's stance on calling this guy a scammer alt. Our guidelines are pretty rigid and the user in question did not meet our criteria of "scammer alt."

http://steamcommunity.com/id/vanilladuck/ - 11 year old account, 19 games, level 7

Okay, so let's say that Frost has to look one step further than that and check item histories - History - backpack.tf - since this is a high value trade. The previous owner - http://steamcommunity.com/id/potoobigdonger/ - level 7, 86 games, 2k hours in tf2. Not banned on any website. Nothing that I can see anywhere easily that the previous owner was scammed or hijacked without doing some real digging. Possibly scammed? Possibly sold for CSGO items?

How much research is really reasonable to expect at this point? Do you really expect traders to do backpack comparisons on previous users and add them to figure out if they were scammed? Does this really count as an "obvious alt?"

My opinion on this is expressed in our guidelines. And we clearly haven't banned either user. But we defer to FoG on these kinds of cases, so I'm genuinely curious to see what your guys' stance is on this.

3. Debra

Debra Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  4. Fireballnitr0

Fireballnitr0 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I've dealt with vanilla before, he added me back in 2014 (or early 2015 I can't recall) to sell a HUGE collection of rare vintages he claimed were all clean as well as a Scorching One Man Army. I asked for the history, and for him to unprivate his backpack so I could check, and he declined. He went inactive days later, and he had no game hours at the time I believe. I found it very suspicious and checked all I could, but came up with nothing. Frost was probably dubious, as I was when I declined dealing with him, and profit got the better of him

5. Fireballnitr0

Fireballnitr0 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  6. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    There is no way the user would put that much money into a game where he only has 260 hours and did not play the game since July first. So he just went and spent mad money to buy tons of hats from tons of different people just by finding them on servers?(no tf2op login) No user with 220 hours would have any tf2 paypal experience whatsoever. 3/19 games played with only a total playtime of 278.2 hours? Out of those 3 games tf2 is the only that involves steam trading. A thing with old accounts is that a lot of them are cracked using username:password lists you can even buy these accounts with some crappy games on them for around $30. Then there is the vac ban which shows even more that it was a dump account or an account he could not care less about(vac ban not in tf2 due to user still has items) He is also in the group called NoRep trading which is a troll group(I hope) made by Adyita(marked user)

Something Interesting I found
    TF2 Outpost / Trade

With all of what I just wrote aside, Would you have traded with him @polar@polar ?

User was called shady in this tf2op trade TF2 Outpost / Trade

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  7. Downie

Downie CEO of Downcorp Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    ​Under Investigation

8. Fireballnitr0

Fireballnitr0 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Thats the hat I was talking about, the scorching tsarboosh not the one man army, my bad

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  9. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  10. Bomber Rat

Bomber Rat Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  11. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  12. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Also frost knows he is guilty now he deleted the comment off of the profile.

13. Bomber Rat

Bomber Rat Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    it shows hes shady af

14. FROST QS> 250+ UNUS [⇄]

FROST QS> 250+ UNUS [⇄] Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I deleted the comment after I was contacted by an Outpost staff regarding my trade with vanillabuck. I removed the comment because it was being accused of being an alt and I had left rep on it, which could be misused.

Regarding my trade with vanillabuck, the backpack.tf graph was a red flag for me. I asked one of the Outpost staff for advice and was told there are no clear indications that show it was an alt, so I proceeded with the trade. Old account, 19 games, no bad item histories, VAC ban was there the day after we traded (I remember having that conversation with him about that)

The 3 other items you brought up were all very old trades and 2 of which are not high enough in value to be considered. These trades happened before my first outpost warning. I was not clear on the trading rules at that time and did not know how to perform a proper check on someone. It was only my 1st or 2nd month into unusual trading.

Sorry for the late reply, I just found out about this report.

15. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Go to post below

Can you explain these keys that are showing up in your backpack?

History - backpack.tf
    History - backpack.tf
    History - backpack.tf
    History - backpack.tf
    History - backpack.tf
    History - backpack.tf
    History - backpack.tf

History - backpack.tf
    History - backpack.tf
    History - backpack.tf
    History - backpack.tf

They are all from a OBVIOUS scammer alt

if you go your bp FROST QS> 250+ UNUS [⇄]'s Backpack - backpack.tf
    Scroll down to where it shows these hats http://i.imgur.com/p1s2vgA.png
    and go to the keys under it

16. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    43 keys were involved with the ovbious scammer alt. Frost showed me that it came from someone else.
    5qkI0Li.png

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  17. FROST QS> 250+ UNUS [⇄]

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    If anyone has questions or needs further information from me regarding this case, feel free to contact me at anytime. As long as i'm not asleep i'll respond.

18. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  19. FROST QS> 250+ UNUS [⇄]

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I do not understand how this guy qualifies as an "obvious scammer alt" according to Outpost. I have a lot of respect for their staff and what they do, but my opinion is that a mistake has clearly been made here.

According to SR:
    The following clues help identify an obvious scammer alt:​

1.) Low hours of TF2/DotA with a deep knowledge of item values
    2.) New Steam start date, but eager to trade high value items
    3.) Private backpack, and with no rep threads
    4.) Quickselling fresh items that are less than a day old in their backpack
    5.) Nearly empty game backpack except for a few high value items with very recent history

1.) Yes, he had low hours of TF2 and CSGO. I have no way of telling if he had deep knowledge of item values, as we used backpack.tf prices to negotiate a deal.
    2.) Yes, he had a new Steam start date. He did not seem at all eager/desperate/in a hurry to sell me items.
    3.) No, his backpack was not private.
    4.) No, he was not quickselling fresh items that were less than a day old. The only Unusual he had was 2 weeks old. Random sample of keys showed there were a mix of previous owners and were received on different dates. HOUWAR was duped, so I can't say for sure.
    5.) No, he did not have a nearly empty game backpack. He had a good mix of around 280 items ranging from low to high values. Looked like a regular players/traders backpack.

Based on SR's guidelines alone, he checked out on only 2 out of the 5 clues.

Apart from the guidelines, there were a ton of other things which lead me to believe he was not an "obvious scammer alt". He had a level 40 steam account, 32 games, 1000+ trades, 1000+ market transactions, 116 screenshots. It just looked like the account of someone who loves playing games, and who does not mind spending money on them. Most traders I know don't even have that many screenshots.

If you look, at his backpack.tf trust page: ret0rd's Trust - backpack.tf . There are a lot of reputable/trusted traders who made trades with him, including an Outpost admin/staff (I was told by Outpost). It's not just me who thought this guy was clean, a lot of other experienced traders thought the same as well. This just strengthens my point that it was not an "obvious" case.
    There are ONLY TWO points that I can see which suggest he could be an alt of a scammer, and a TON of other points that suggest he might not be one.

People accuse me of knowingly trading with scammer alts and say "profit gets the best of me". Anyone who thinks trading with scammers/alts is "profitable" quite frankly don't really know what they're talking about and are wrong. It makes no sense to trade with a scammer and make relatively small profits, and risk losing your reputation and the ability to use trading sites. It's foolish to think that making a few high value trades with scammers, while trying to stay under the radar or by abusing loop holes is clever. It's not a winning strategy, I don't believe in it, and it does not entice me.

There have been a few reports against me regarding my trades that arose. In my opinion it's only natural or to be expected, due to the large volume of my trades. I do not think this is a good indication of fishy or suspicious trading habits. I've completed 17,000 trades since I started trading (12 months ago), and 7,000 of those came after my first outpost warning on Outpost (8 months ago), and are mostly high value trades. 99.9% of my trades are clean. The 0.01 that come up in reports are with alts that are not at all obvious in my opinion. Those trades do not happen because I think I can get away with it, or because I think it's good profit. Those trades happen because I could not identify them to be scammer alts. Had I known they were, those trades would not have happened.

Trading is something I take very seriously and something I want to do for a long time. I've recently started doing it full-time (past 2 months). My reputation is very important to me. I do as much as I can within my ability/knowledge to make sure I do not trade with scammers/alts. Had I known he was a scammer/alt or had it been "obvious", I would definitely not have traded him.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  20. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Legacy Trade Moderator).**

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.