Declined Make a Sniper cap limit.

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Curry Pyro, Jul 16, 2014.

?

Make a Sniper cap limit on Orange.

Poll closed Jul 19, 2014.
  1. Yes.

40.0%
  2. No.

60.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curry Pyro

Curry Pyro Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Please make this happen, Orange is basically unplayable when half of the other team are snipers, you seriously have to camp in your spawn to avoid getting shot in the face, and most of the time they have engineers guarding them, let me know what you think below.

2. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I think that limiting the sniper class is a big middle finger to the freedom of players and would only spawn comments like "Fog cries about snipers being OP so they limit them".

Honestly, I think you just have to deal with it.

3. Captainkruste

Captainkruste Member

As a regular orange player I am against this...ofcourse it is a sniper map, but there are plenty of ways to get rid of these snipers or to make them change their class by harassing

4. Wandolf

Wandolf Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I would actually like for this to happen, whether it's getting headshot by a pro sniper or just getting bodyshot three times from affar, it's just TOO annoying due to the fact you can't do anything about it. Also, since there are so many snipers, of course they're gonna have each other's back, you can stab maybe one or two of them before you die.

But other then that, the snipers basically shut down everyone that tries to do anything. Rocket jumping soldiers and sticky jumping demomen? Just bodyshoot them and they'll stray off course. Pyros, heavies, medics or engineers? Basically moving targets. And you can't really go sniper and duel them due to the fact that you'll get bodyshot as soon as your turn the corner.

Also, they can bring a round to a stalemate, basically forcing everyone else on their team to go spy or scout in hopes to get a kill and also forcing the enemy team to play with engineers just so they could stay at their spawn and protect the last point while they're waiting for the snipers to get bored.

If there were only two or three snipers to worry about, they wouldn't be that much of a problem, you spies and scouts would take care of 'em, but there have been times when there would be six or seven snipers on one team.

Please, limit the sniper class to two or three units per team, everyone will be grateful.

5. Curry Pyro

Curry Pyro Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep

Not limiting the Snipers is a giant middle finger to the players, every class is basically useless against them, be a pro sniper or bad sniper, this is just seriously bad, I'm sure I'm not the only one that think's this, they need to have a limit cap, basically what Wandolf said, pray that your team has good spies or you're basically fucked. @Captainkruste@Captainkruste You can't harass a team of 6/7 snipers and make them change their class, it's not going to happen, if there is plenty of way's to get rid of them please suggest some.

EDIT: Also Captain when you say ''Sniper Map'' do you mean that's it's made for Snipers so fuck all the other classes?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  6. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I still don't think it's a good idea.

What players likes a server where you can't play a class you enjoy because there's a limit on it?

The answer, is less than the players who find him annoying.

Work your own way around to deal with the class rather than banishing him from the place.
    It's not very sportsmanlike to forbid a good player from entering a competition he's got allowance to just because you know he's gonna be a tough opponent.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  7. Curry Pyro

Curry Pyro Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep

People will like the freedom to travel a map without getting head shot every 5 seconds, and if the certain player doesn't like a capped server, then go find another server, not hard.

EDIT: To reply to your edit Joz,
    remember it's not one or two snipers, it's about 7/8 and you know I wouldn't care about the odd 1/2/3 snipers, it's just when there is about 7/8 it starts to get frustrating for everyone.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  8. Mundy

Mundy Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I dislike it when there's alot of enemy snipers on orange, but I have to disagree with this idea. It's basicly just removing a part of the game again.

9. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    don't get hit.

10. Curry Pyro

Curry Pyro Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    If you don't have anything productive to say, don't say it at all.

11. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Think about this sentence just for a second, it is actually saying that a limit isnt really needed.

12. Curry Pyro

Curry Pyro Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    So
    is suggesting you disagree with my idea?

13. Captainkruste

Captainkruste Member

Well it is a map where the snipers can see from one end to the other. There arent that much spots where a sniper can't do anything, except ofcourse the enemy has a teleporter on the roof. At times when i play (usually between 8pm and 12pm) there arent that many skilled snipers in the enemy team at max 2 really good ones. I dont see problems in taking them out usually...especially if you are on red at this moment.
    If you say you dont like the bodyshooters...well if they are bodyshooters you can deal better with them than with really skilled headhunters.
    Although i have to admit that pyros and soldiers are pretty fucked with too many snipers.

14. Curry Pyro

Curry Pyro Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep

I don't wanna keep repeating myself but:

15. Wandolf

Wandolf Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    while I do agree with Captainkruste that the map is kinda leaning towards snipers, I still don't think that it should completely block out other classes. It's also a fun map for rocket and sticky jumping, but snipers kinda block it out.
    @Jozzeh@Jozzeh , the snipers are already giving everyone else a middle finger, so why shouldn't we give one to them?

16. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    @Wandolf@Wandolf

The snipers are not giving the middle finger because they choose to play a class that they find fun and enjoyable that happens to be effective.
    Honestly, don't play orange if you are unhappy with it being full of snipers. It's one of those things you have to expect.
    It's like if someone came and made a thread that says "Please put a class limit on engineer. We don't need 5-10 engineers holing up in their spawn" about the 2fort server.
    It's something to expect.

Just seems to me that there's a pattern going on here as well; you were unhappy with donator weapons on a trade server that surely are super powerful where it's obviously overpowered, on a server that's not meant to be played for the competitive aspect(even when it's a rare occurrence to see a donator weapon there), now you're unhappy with a class that's kicking butt on a map he's good on because of much open space.

17. Wandolf

Wandolf Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep

I'ma be honest, I haven't played an Orange map for about 6 months now :p

18. Curry Pyro

Curry Pyro Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep

Are you fucking listening, I don't care about the odd 1/2 snipers I only care when there is about 7/8, so that's why I want a limit for them, please stop stating the same thing's you've already said....

19. Donald

Donald Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ye begone snipers

20. Pruu

Pruu Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Learn to grenade jump as demo and stop whining about useless shit.

Seriously, it's not hard - classes counter other classes - get creative instead of limiting others because of your inability to adapt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.