Approved [❤ BDAY!!!! Kai ❤] Application

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Kai, Aug 6, 2018.

?

Would you like to see him/her as an admin?

This poll will close on Aug 20, 2018 at 11:13 PM.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kai

Kai Trainee Server Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep SourceBans gameMe
    Your name or nickname
    Calvin ( Kai/Anime Preferred)

Your age

Which languages do you speak?
    English, Little Spanish

In which timezone do you live?
    GMT-6

Steam Community URL

Your gameMe page

Your total playtime on the applied server(s)
    3 Days, 18 hours

Server(s) you wish to be admin on
    TF2 - Jailbreak NY | US1-19

If you already have experience, which plugin were you using?

Adding to the question above, which community were you admin for?

Tell us why you're applying
    Hi There!

I want to apply for Jailbreak NY because I recently found out that the server needed admins/trainees. I came to the server a month ago just because I needed to see more servers I could play on and not get flamed. (lul) Luckily I was able to grow into the server and mostly of the rules to it! Also most of the staff I met are really friendly! (Pie/Roddy and Bambi) :D

I think I will be a good choice because I love the community, I am very active in voice, and I will most likely be on the server everyday. Also it will benefit the other admins who are not on at the time that most of the players are on. I am also mature and capable in making proper decisions in benefiting the server

I am pretty well known on the server for being fairly new.. (known as Anime/Kai.)
    I would love to help out and keep the server clean from toxicity and help teach newer players who have never played on this amazing server before! :)3)

Thank you for taking the time into reading this hopefully I will get applied! <3

2. Bambi :)

Bambi :) The American Senior Server Admin

Steam:
    hey there.

Im going to critique this carefully because In this case I feel that is needed.

To start, you are still very new to our servers but despite that, ive yet to seen you breaking any of our rules. A lot of players of NY don't actually know any of our rules and it turns out to be a totally different world compared to our alternate EU server. I can see that you have been doing your best to learn all of the rules and asking people like me about some so maybe that makes this a bit rushed in my opinion however I wont hold that against you.

Your chatlog in my mind does not mean anything or should be held against you at all. Yes I see you use when you are dead or to switch to !thirdperson or !warden but otherwise you are the kind of player who uses his mic more then anything. As far as I've seen you are a very friendly and well known player on the ny server. You know how to go warden and what to do as warden as I've seen and you aren't afraid to start speaking. Roddy might know a bit more on this subject then me so ill leave her to hopefully go more into how you behave.

Currently, your activity on the server is great with you making pretty much daily and hour long connects. What I find maybe a bit concerning is you overall playtime. Just on the brink of 4 days and not even a month since your first connect to our server I do find that shakey. Maybe if you read this you could comment and go further in depth on why we would think you would be a good fit for the role of admin especially considering you did indeed just turn 15.

you as I mentioned are still relatively new, it would be great to hear you making reports on the forums if players are breaking rules. This is entirely optional, but since you want to be an admin, Maybe a good start would be to do things like this to show everyone you really mean what you say and you will help take care of the server. Other optional things you can do is join our jailbreak discord server and fog discord and say hi. We aren't the most friendly of people, but we don't bite either. Getting better known in the community is always a good thing to do.

As a note to anyone else viewing. I've mentioned on another players application that me and other admins are willing to help out each other whenever we are confused. I feel like we can all help a newer guy like this into the team and help him as the appropriate trainee.

So with careful consideration, I've decided to go +1 and not neutral. I personally am willing to help you get familiar with rules/players and enforcing stuff as time rolls along.

3. Unboxed

Unboxed Maximal Effort Senior Server Admin

Steam:
    Heyo Kai

From what I've seen from you on the server you look like a calm and positive dude.

However your application feels a bit rushed, you just turned 15 and have roughly 4 days on the server.
    Jailbreak can be a real mess at times and it will be tough to stay calm and keep the server in check. From my experience NY is also more stressful compared to our EU server, mostly because NY has seemingly less regulars.

I have no doubts that you would be a great admin, but not right now.
    Give it some time and get familiar with all (or atleast most) of the rules, and really get into our wonderful JB Community. As Bambi said, feel free to join our JB discord and start from there.

I'm gonna go -1 because I feel like you rushed this and that you don't fully realise how tough it really is to keep Jailbreak clean.
    If you do however get accepted I'd be fine with helping you out with all the rules and get you familiar with the commands.

I do have a suggestion though, I think that Kai should start as mini admin for now. That way he can learn most of the rules and at the same time get a feel of how it is administrating JB.

Good luck on your application.

4. Kai

Kai Trainee Server Admin

Steam:
    Unfortunate that you chose -1 but I understand fully on why you made that decision. Thank you for the advice Bambi and Unboxed!

5. Unboxed

Unboxed Maximal Effort Senior Server Admin

Steam:
    Hey again Kai

After some thoughts I came to the conclusion that I myself made a rushed decision

After playing with you again recently I see that you no doubt have the attidude an admin needs.

If you get good and focused mentoring I think you’ll turn out as a great admin. I’m gonna be honest, when I first applied, i only knew half of the rules. I also think that if you take some time and read through the rules while this application is up, you’ll learn them in no time!

It was a mistake on my part to judge you too early, I’m sorry for that.

I’ve changed my vote to a +1, and best of luck on your application!

6. ♡ pie ♡

♡ pie ♡ 死に生きる Senior Server Admin

Steam:
    + Made a member introduction
    + Has the right amount of playtime
    + Is of-age
    + Not toxic, fun to play with

= Chat logs full of unnecessary commands (!fp / !tp)
    = Has yet to show enforcement of rules

Hey Kai! So as stated above, you meet all of the requirements for our server. You're always a fun person to be around and you're never toxic or rude, even going so far as offering aid to new players. You are, however, relatively young though I don't think that should be something that impedes on your application. Our guidelines say that you need to be 15 years old, and you are (you just turned). Compared to all the other regulars I know from NY, you seem to be the most mature and capable of handling the masses even having just turned 15. You're never annoying, you're polite, and you're comfortable to be around.

Your chatlogs are a bit annoying to read mainly because of all the !commands (I always say to use /commands since they hide what you type). That's an easy fix nonetheless, and you're usually using your mic anyways so I don't think you should be judged off that. For you personally, I would suggest reading our Jailbreak rules just so you understand them more and can even remind others more often; the NY server has plenty of new players who are absent-minded when it comes to basic knowledge of the gamemode, so it's nice to be a helping hand when they go warden or have general confusion about why they were killed among other things. I have no doubt that you can execute this nicely.

As for this being rushed, however, I personally would find no problem with that. I always compare new applicants to myself: the moment I had 30 hours of playtime, I instantly applied for admin and later got accepted, never really having much of a problem. We generally like to see people have a few days of activity and you already have roughly 4, so I don't see that as a deterrent to your application considering my case.

I'd love to see you as an admin, and since Jailbreak is in need, you'd be great in that position. I'll give my wholehearted upvote for you. Good luck!

7. Münsterkatt サム

Münsterkatt サム Member

Steam:
    4 days total of playtime is a lot of playtime within a month, and I don't mind that you're applying ASAP: NY is a lawless land and we need more mods on it, and the few interactions I've had with you were pleasant.
    Everyone is making a point about the commands: use "/" instead of "!". It's silent.

+1

8. Kai

Kai Trainee Server Admin

Steam:
    Update: Yes I did update my binds to do / instead of ! Thanks you :D

9. Hi im Marcel

Hi im Marcel Yiiiiiiiis Senior Server Admin

Steam:
    Heya,
    Even so i'm a surf admin, I decided to post on this application. I'm playing tf2 for a week now and I saw Kai quite often. He is really kind and friendly to everyone and always tries to help. I just heard and experienced good things about/with him and i'm pretty sure he would be a good admin. I can't really tell much but I still wanted to say my opinion on this application.

Gl with your app Kai :)

10. Avaritia

Avaritia Genuinely crazy Moderator Server Helper VIP

Steam:
    Accepted.
    Contact me on steam to set up your permissions. Your mentor will be @Unboxed@Unboxed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.