Declined server suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Smile, Jun 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smile

Smile Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    hello guys! so i was thinking about the t1-3 server that a lot of guys coming through that dont have the experience for t3 surfing and they instantly rtv..so my suggestion is if its possible to make the server t2-4 and like people with only 5000 points+ to be able to join the server so we could avoid the newcomers from destroying the experience on quality maps and raising a bit the level to t4 maps..so then we gonna have t1-2 server for beginners t2-4 for experience t4-6 for expert so there will be a complete variety of all the surf tiers.thanks!

2. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    We kinda already had a 2-4 server and it really didnt work. Nobody connected despite announcements both here and in the steam group(s). Don't really see this becoming a thing when it didn't work out in the past. It'd just another 90% of the time empty server we'd have to take care of.

3. Smile

Smile Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    so if this one cant happen what about on t1-3 server ppl with over a certain amount of points to able to rtv..like 5000 points..so if u have 5000 points u would be able to rtv..i think its 150 points now

4. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Pretty sure we had that system and removed it because those people who weren't eligible to vote still counted to the maximum if voters required, making it impossible to rtv a map. That issue was unfixable since it only caused more issues with one fix

e.g.
    You have 10 people on the server and only 3 have over 5000 points.
    Yet the RTV system still says you need 5 people to change the map whereas only 3 can actaully vote.

5. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Yea, I don't see any of those suggestions going to happen anytime soon.
    The 1-3 server is kinda dwindling in activity already (it used to be full 20 hours a day only 1 1/2 years ago), upping the tiers would only make the problem worse.
    And the RTV system doesn't really work together with the Timer really well, causing issues as mentioned above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.