Rejected Admin Report - Miller

Discussion in 'Admin Reports (archive)' started by Gamble, May 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Seeing that the owner has banned you I guess you cant provide any evidence toward or against Miller. I will leave this report open until tomorrow to wait for @Gamble@Gambles video.

2. Starfish

Starfish Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Funny to see some members on here, who never bother to even check the forums, defending Miller right away.
    Let me rephrase that: defending Miller and instantly assuming these guys are total dickheads who deserve to be permabanned.

First of all, their chatlogs are pretty crude and filled with snarky comments. And I do believe they were in the wrong.
    Insulting an admin is never a good idea, so bans are ultimately in order.
    But guess what, they're probably angry about something! Crazy, right? How could this be?

Maybe because Miller handles all of the problems and questions on the server with: "Read the rules."
    And usually just that, no reason or reference. Just "read the rules", nice and easy.
    Even putting a condescending winky face behind most of his responses.
    When people genuinely get confused or flustered by this, he bans them.

Sure, these guys have been massive assholes to Miller.
    But Miller has handled this situation extremely poorly on his end too.

How many bans, mutes and gags you handed out means a rat's ass to me.
    If you're an admin you're expected to treat everyone equally and help people when they need your help.
    Constantly telling people to read the rules over and over, instead of actually answering them, is helping no one.

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Lelensko

Lelensko Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    In his chatlog, yes. Usually when someone's spamming things through their microphone, Miller asks them to "Stop doing xxx please", followed by "Please read the rules".

But since you're such an active person on surf 1-2 [​IMG] you probably know that Miller primarily uses his mic to communicate. Which is why his chatlog most of the time doesn't state a reason, just "read the rules". They already know the reason, since miller already told them in voicechat. I'm not saying that this is how it went down in this case since we don't know yet. We're still waiting to see the demo from @Gamble@Gamble. (since Miller's mic was disabled in his own recording from shadowplay). This is just how Miller usually handles rulebreakers whenever i see him on the server.

Which he does aswell. Again, mostly through his microphone. Which you would've known if you were actually on the server from time to time.

Still too early to say that, as we're still waiting for @Gamble@Gamble 's evidence.

I'm sorry if this comes off as hostile, but imo your response is just unfair and not true.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • List
  4. Starfish

Starfish Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Firstly, this is an admin report on Miller. My statement is not invalidated by the fact that I don't play CS:GO.
    All my statements are based on what has been shown so far about this incident, saying they are untrue is a baseless argument.
    Don't forget that this report is only about what happened on Surf 1-2 yesterday. So yes, chatlogs are next to the only evidence right now.

As for the part of your response that holds some ground: you claim Miller actually does answer questions. Sure, I believe you.
    In this instance however, this is clearly not the case. As evident by the horde of angry people agreeing that he was acting out of line.
    Based on that, it's clear something might've gone wrong. And that's what were trying to find out, aren't we?

tl;dr
    I think it's pretty pathetic that you dedicate an entire post to act superior towards me, even though I have nothing to do with the report.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Baiyan

Baiyan im so high Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    What a train wreck of a thread.

Sure, maybe Miller could be more direct in which rules he is breaking AFTER he's muted someone, but he most certainly does tell them beforehand. Me and SpaveN actually made a running joke about it, and we would exaggerate how many times Miller would warn people for what they were doing. He's a good admin, he's giving warnings, he's telling them what rules they're breaking.

The guys who joined the forums to personally attack Miller are pretty moronic for being so immature about it. If they had an issue, they could have just provided evidence and waited (something tells me we aren't going to get any evidence, so this whole shitshow is probably a bit pointless anyway). But the thing is, don't join them. Be civil about it, just wait and see if the guy uploads some evidence, and if he doesn't thread closed. Nothing comes out of it, except possibly Miller receiving some criticism, which isn't a bad thing.

Let's just wait for the evidence which probably isn't coming before we throw around too many assumptions and accusations.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  6. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Closing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.