Declined New server proposal

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by old bear, Feb 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old bear

old bear Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hey there,

So after the death of dodgeball ive been thinking about proposing a new server as the trade #2 server is dead most of the time.

I have 2 server suggestions both with their pros and cons:

The first one i thought to suggest is a MGE server. I peronally think that MGE is a good server to add as it might bring some new good players to our community but also because i think the server would have players on it. It prob wouldnt bring many new ones but i think that the active members would play pretty regularely with friends, as if you want to challenge a friend or the other servers dont have many players you can just 1v1 vs your friend.
    Also what i think might be a good thing about the server is that it can have lower than 24 spots. MGE also was reccommended in this thread right here: https://forums.f-o-g.eu/threads/server-suggestion.13236/

So the other server i thought of was a x10/randomizer or sth like that server. This one would have more potential of bringing new players than the MGE server as theese servers are the most popular of the tf2 community servers.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. Hayden Storm

Hayden Storm Member

I'm 100% in on replacing Trade #2 with MGE
    There's this little roof thingy on Trade #1 (trade_rawr map) where soldiers are CONSTANTLY fighting for roof control...
    Perhaps this server would be a nice alternative for them, be it Badlands Spire/Gullywash Middle/Granary Last/etc...
    I recall once playing MGE with @Pudgey@Pudgey . It was a blast! I also recall once challenging @cetru@cetru but Pudgey was like
    "I'd rather you not do that, you'll get crushed"
    WELL WELL WELL
    Why don't we put it to the test
    on FoG grounds!

3. Snake

Snake Snake? Snake?! SNAAAAAAAAAAKE?!?!?!? Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I think MGE might be a good idea to replace the trade server, but there are so many more interesting gamemodes than MGE in my opinion. Deathrun for example is a fun and highly popular gamemode. It always takes time to get people on a server, especially when the server has just gone up. Although I have no faith in trade anymore whatsoever. I do think the trade server should get replaced but I think MGE is not the right awnser. Regards to randomizer, well... Almost all randomizer x10 servers are empty and I highly doubt that this will attract more people. Maybe for like a week but after that it will be dead. I would lean more towards deathrun.

-Solid Snake

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Maestro

Maestro Obnoxious shitkid Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'm on for almost anything, trade #2 is dead indeed and should be replaced. Also, an MGE server within Fog wouldn't be that bad. Much better than meeting tryhards with grappling hook. I'd say we could give this a shot, while plue's idea isn't bad either, both are good suggestions with replacing Trade #2 with either an MGE server or Payload server.

5. Spoke

Spoke Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I wanted to suggest a MGE servers aswell, i support this idea.

6. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Honestly, I don't think a MGE/Randomizer server would have any future.
    Regarding MGE, just look at the current population of other servers, on a Sunday at around 7PM CET (primetime): http://www.gametracker.com/search/tf2/?search_by=map&query=mge_&searchipp=50#search
    Only the first 6-7 servers are filled, and 2 are full
    All of the other 50+ servers are entirely empty. Don't see how ours would be much different (see Dodgeball).

We already had a Randomizer server, but it got shut down due to low population as well, while TF2 community servers where still a bit more alive.
    Probably just going to shut down the server soon.

7. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Going to mark this as rejected, making new servers in TF2 (even if they replace existing ones) is quite pointless nowadays, considering Valve actively tries to kill of community servers.
    Thanks for the suggestion regardless!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.