Bunnyhop Revolution

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Servers (archive)' started by Chefkoch JJ, Feb 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chefkoch JJ

Chefkoch JJ :] Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hello my dear FoG community!

I've been planning for some time now, and it's time to get things rolling.
    I already announced to n0name that I will apply as a servermanager as soon as I'm allowed to (in approximately 1 month). Until then I'd like to gather opinions, discuss my ideas and talk about other improvements that can be made. Everyone is invited to discuss, but I'd like to hear from people who actually bhop OR are in charge of managing other servers (n0, yoda, ..) the most.

Planned features (in detail)
    • Introduction of an admingroup called "Moderator" - low level admins that are able to mute and possibly kick
    Depending on my bugfixing ability, they may also need permissions to change maps or at least trigger the rtv menu. Bhop is still haunted by this horrible bug where maps get stuck for hours and only an admin can change them. This needs to be discussed.
    Of course everyone is free to apply, but I have some people in mind that I'd specifically like to see, since they proved their ability to make proper decisions for months.

• Tweak the server settings to optimize player experience
    • Allow RTV after 3 Minutes, not after 10. This may sound like too little, but it certainly has positive effects. There are a few maps on the servers that noone really likes, and I observed that whenever these maps came on, the majority of players leave after 5 minutes of frustration. Removing the maps is not a good idea IMO.
    • Edit the rolling chat messages. Remove some and add new ones. Personally I'd like to see "!report" instead of "voice_enable 0" being advertised, especially when we have more than 1 player that is able to mute. Also the majority of players will never know of cool features like the cp system, if nobody tells them.
    • Alter the point revenue scale for finishing maps - this is important. Especially on the current donator server, it sometimes takes 30-60 minutes to complete maps. Even if they are set to t6+, which is approximately 90000x more difficult then completing a t2 map, you get like 50 points more. Which is nothing. Also the scaling for alternate styles should change drastically. Styles like hsw, sw, w-only, a/d-only are infinitely more difficult than auto or legit - and should be awarded accordingly.
    • Add certain niche styles that are popular on other servers (400 velocity for example, or fun styles like "low gravity")
    • Remove some styles/ make them unranked (legit-w, legit-sw, auto nb, ...). Nobody plays them aside from grinding purposes, I don't know a single decent legit-w run for example.
    • Fix a bug that changes sv_airaccelerate to 150 on certain maps such as bhop_forest and bhop_fade - this may be cause by different things on those 2 maps though
    • Change sv_accelerate to 5.5 which is standard in CS:GO. I'm not sure why it was set to 10 in the first place, probably because the config was taken from surf. Thanks to 4matter for pointing this out!
    • Make the knife and gun droppable on all servers
    • Plugins
    I'm currently learning SourcePawn, so soon I will be able to create/edit plugins myself. Keep that in mind for the following points.
    • Implementation of a Mapsuggestion plugin, where players are able to suggest maps that should be added to the server. Zoners can then see, which map is wished for the most. (We may need to revisit who is still actively zoning, but this is a matter for another thread)
    • The !tutorial command links to a surf video, this needs to be changed. There are many good bhop tutorials on youtube. It should also be advertised in the rolling chat messages - especially on the beginner server.
    • Optional: Shuffle the rtv-maplist for each player individually. This prevents people from spamming "4" whenever the menu pops up to get rid of it - people will of course still do that but as a result no map will be in clear favour of being voted.
    • General bugfixes on existing plugins, such as rtv and cp. (This might take a while)
    • Addition of a !nc plugin that noclips the player and either stops the time or pauses it. I'm aware that !spec and !resume basically do the same thing, but many players are used to this mechanic. Also spectating usually makes you leave your current position, so if you just want to see what's around the corner you have to go through a lot more trouble.
    • (Wishful thinking) Update the replaybot plugin. We had some insane runs in alternate styles which did not get saved, as well as runs in the auto style which don't get saved/updated because of bugs in the plugin. Modern plugins record every run in every style and can be requested on command. !replay gives you the option to select a style and then view the bot.
    • Addition of a !maphelp plugin, where users can request info for maps/stages. Admins should be able to add help texts. This is useful for stages like bhop_lego2 (stage 10) where many people get stuck or bhop_horseshit_5 where the path is unclear.
    • Addition of a !stopmusic plugin. Sometimes there is more or less annoying map music/ambience. I read that such a plugin exists, it might require some testing
    • Fix the boost plugin to boost into the direction you look at
    • Program a nominate plugin that lists maps based on tier (with submenus "Tier 1", "Tier 2", ...)
    • Add a !yt (or something like that) plugin that opens a web window with a quick youtube search for the current map - can be very useful for maps that you want to find shortcuts on etc.
    • Make sure all replaybots are on all servers
    • Create a working TAS plugin with cp's, slomo, rewind, 1-tick strafes
    • General community work
    Unlike in surf, on bhop we have very few people that I refer to as "regulars" - people that join every day, talk, help and make up the core community. I want to change that.
    To attract more players I have a few ideas in mind, but I'd like to hear what else can be done to make our community stronger.
    • Create a FoG Bunnyhop Steamgroup. I'm aware that the main group exists, but it isn't really used by any bhop players AFAIK, most aren't even members of it.
    • Create a YouTube channel which showcases the best runs produced on FoG servers. This may also include surf, but certainly requires discussion.
    • Controversial: Award extras to people who prove to be of value for the server and the community. This definitely needs a discussion, since the argument "That's only for donators" is a pretty strong one.
    • Create custom FoG-style bunnyhop maps (Note: I wrote a program that can generate maps. I never got around to perfect it but it works and can be updated quite easily. That way a load of neat looking maps can be made in no time :))
    • Misc: Change the server language from German/English to English only. I believe that's the best option.
    Now to the heavy hitters...
    • Change the donator/top250 server to a public t4+ server
    This requires discussion, but I think it's a good idea and should be done. Here's why:
    • The donator server gets rarely ever used by actual donators, I've seen one join ONCE
    • There is a general lack of players, the average is 1-2, often the server is completely empty
    • Having a public high tier server would benefit the community, as higher skilled players with small amounts of points are not able to play their preferred maps on FoG right now. They have to go through tedious amounts of grinding on beginner maps.
    • Change the tickrate of all Bunnyhop servers to 128 tick
    Probably the most controversial point, yet it's the one I'd like to see happen the most.
    To explain a bit - the higher the tickrate, the faster you gain speed while strafing. There is a noticable difference between 128 and 100 tick and the change might throw players off when they first try it.
    It's not easier to make runs in 128tick, nor does it take less skill. Yes you get to the finish line faster but so does everyone else; the wr-times just shift down a little bit. You still need to strafe well to be better than other players.

Pro:
    • Pretty much all of the big bunnyhop servers in CS:GO use it; it's considered the standard
    • Bhopping feels smoother
    • Times can be compared to other CS:GO runs on YouTube for example, since most of them are done in 128 tick
    Con:
    • If you're used to 100 tick you might miss a few flicks until you get used to it, though this is only really a problem on higher tier maps
    • Some people just prefer 100 tick
    • I don't even know if it's possible, so n0 has to tell us ..^^
    • Misc
    Playing in "legit" style seems to be terribly easy, I'm still not sure if this is correct or if it's done by some misconfigured plugin. Same thing with longjumps. I was able to get a 180u longjump on bhop with "ease"; on FoG kz even a 160u jump is pretty hard.

I will try to handle as much of this as possible (while still studying/working/living), but help is very much appreciated and for some points desperately needed (mostly because of permissions).
    Thanks in advance to everyone who participates in the discussion, for n0name to provide the servers and platform for this disussion and to all the devs/server owners who gave me their personal opinions on my ideas beforehand.
    A better anticheat would be good, to prevent people from getting insane legit records and using autostrafer without anyone noticing.

P.S.: Every change that happens will be updated in this thread, so don't forget to check by from time to time!

Edit: I put everything in spoilers to make the thread more managable. In the following part I will list the things that already happened and update that part frequently. Note that "needs discussion" refers to public discussion.

Features (quick list)
    Obsolete ideas
    RTV after 3 minutes (stupid idea)
    Give awards such as nametags to regulars (we now have the store plugin)
    Shared replaybots (May cause bugs)
    Mapsuggestion plugin (Can be suggested in the forums/steamgroup)

Not yet implemented + needs discussion
    Addition of a noclip plugin (its a donator perk)
    Rolling chat messages
    sv_autobunnyhopping 1 (more fluent, can't use legit though)
    Store replaybots in the database
    Store plugin changes
    Nominate list sorted by tiers
    Bring back !speclist

Not yet implemented + no further discussion needed
    Point revenue for tiers
    Bring back !disarm
    Make dropped weapons disappear instantly
    Remove !ak47, !scout etc.
    TAS plugin
    RTV+CP fixes
    !maphelp plugin
    !stopmusic plugin
    Create FoG Bhopmaps
    Change server language to English
    RTV list-shuffle
    SMAC
    Add the ljstats part of zipcore's timer
    Add a strafesync-counter

Implemented, may need testing
    Created the Bhop Steamgroup
    Created a bot for the bhop group that invites players and posts announcements
    Changed !tutorial video
    Added an !autonoob command that allows you to demonstrate why autobunnyhop is not easier or "more noob" than scroll/legit
    Set accel to 5.5 on every map + add sv_friction 4
    Point revenue for styles altered
    Added styles
    Removed/unranked styles
    Changed Tickrate to 128
    Changed donator to public t4+
    Create a YT channel
    Added a working boostfix
    Added youtube plugin
    !boost plugin fix
    Droppable knife+gun on all servers
    Update the replay bot plugin
    Admingroup "Moderator"
    Enforce AA of 1000 on every map

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. the sooner the spooner

the sooner the spooner Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'm very glad to see this thread come to life, there are some things I do not think are necessary but others I completely agree to change or add.

To start off, I think a !report option or some sort of other way to keep the server clean and people in it respectful to others, is desperately needed, the Beginners' server is in utter chaos. Going to the next point made, updating the points system is something I will be looking forward to but nothing to be excited with. Some of the higher maps which take 10-20x the time to complete, compared to others, do not give nearly the amount of points they should.

Speaking about the plugins, a map suggestion plugin is a necessity, or at least some sort of a command to redirect you right to a forum page for map suggestions. Others like the !tutorial are completely useless and something that should be taken care of, it happens to me very often on the Beginners' server that people are asking about "how to do this?" and "how did you do that?" because no one ever told them about any of the server's features including !pause, !teleport and other commands like the boost on Auto (No Limit) style. I think the !tutorial should be changed to more of a !help tab with actual tutorials and should be a rolling chat message.
    I don't mind the current !rtv plugin, but I think the noclip feature is long time must.
    The replay Bots are something I've been talking a lot about to players and server staff, and as I've said before, I'm not the only one having issues with them, they often do not save at all, sometimes misleading and showing older records, also sometimes not changing at all when beating the current map record.

I really like the idea of making a new FoG Bunnyhop steam group and YouTube channel, as the overall lack of "regular" community on the servers is a topic that has been not looked into for a long time, I think the updates that could be made on that part are very important to maintain a strong community, add new members and maintain already existing players. I like the idea of rewarding behaving players and I think that should be somehow combined with the Bhop Donators'/top 250's server, I don't think that it should be made free for all from the start tho, as I already said the Beginners' server is in chaos and with the priorities players get in the Donators' server they should still have to pass a step further to be able to join that server. Something to filter out the well behaving low point players from the worse behaving higher point ones, maybe a % of lower tier map completion at first, at least.

Lastly, I disagree with directly changing the tickrate of the existing FoG Bhop servers, that's a change that's too drastical and questionable by most. I personally don't like 128 tick bhop and most of the serious players on the server have been long used to 100 tick, a too noticeable difference is how I see it.

That's my opinion on this, changes are definitely welcome if not needed on the servers and I think Massta, as the one who started planning them, has a lot of right views and good ideas. Way to go, great thread, obviously lots of work put into this, we, the FoG Bhop community thank you, Massta! :)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  3. notonix

notonix Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'm definitely agree w/ the moderator statement. We're having a huge problem with trolls and "professional" DJ's on Bhop server. I would like to see some more people watching the discipline (or how do you call it?) and kicking or probably banning the violators.
    Can't say the same about the 3-min RTV mode. I would like to stay on 10-min, cuz sometimes it drives me mad, when some noob-kids madly typing "RTV OR RIOT" cuz they can't beat a simple map (but that's just my opinion).
    A lot of new players, who come to our server meet those trolls, I was talking above. So they have no idea how to get rid of them. As a result new potential player leaves the server. We definitely should give them some advices in rolling chat messages. That's a good thought from you.
    The last thing I liked is transformation Donator server into the Public one. You're so damn right here.

my stuff

I know it sounds some kinda childish, but I do really miss those trails from cs 1.6 xd. We can make a shop on a server, so you waste earned points for some trails and stuff. Yea, you kinda have to decide what's better: having a huge rank or having a trail (or hat or anything else you'll be able to buy in a shop). I like criticism and I'll be glad to hear your opinion about this idea. :')

4. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Alright prepare for some long ass post. Because its WoT time, lads. I got me some good ass music and time.

First I'll be listing the things I have a comment about or I want to stress:
    (I have found myself going "Oh, I have suggested that already" quite a lot and if it isn't on the server it didn't go through. But the more people actually agree the better.)
    Yes. Already wanted that. But the things that I would do is:
    1) No apps. Main reason being that it is a kind of small thing, to mute. No kicks. I would see the mods as a hotfix for major lack of admin. So in that case I'd use a voucher system.
    An admin knows a guy on the server well and sees that hes online regularily. The admin then decides that that person might be suitable for a helping position. Thing is many people are friends with idiots, admins not excluded. So what I'd do to prevent any misfit people to get any permission (Mute is still abuseable) we should do a 2+ voucher system. Another admin checks the person out and decides if he is fine or not. If one admin says no you can go onto the next one and if that one says yes another one is required to vouch for him again so there is a majority. (I hope you get where I'm trying to aim towards) More or less you fill out a form in our admin private forum for a person and our admins get to vote on it. There won't really be a need for a Mod to come on our forums. He should just be in touch with the respective admin on the server. Maybe needs some refinement ;)~
    2) Perm whise I'd say for (normal servers!) it's mute/gag. At least for surf since the most violations happen via mic. As for bhop I gotta admit that I can't really judge. All that might be added (as of which I agree upon) is the ability to start a mapvote. Though maybe limit that to only after 20min in. So abuse will be reduced to a minimum. If people want to change earlier they can still use rtv. I'm guessing you want this because of the map-gets-stuck bug, so my 20min&mapvote should be fine.

Well "!report" is supposedly already in the ads.
    http://www.f-o-g.eu/adsql/ads.php?page=2
    I would generally keep them all even the "dumb" ones. Mainly because there can be bloody newbies joining that have no clue about the game.

Want to stress this ^
    (Yes already suggested that ;) )

What's stopping you to make one right now. Why would you need to be SM for that?
    f-o-g.eu/surf_group (Just noticed that ad for "Yo there's a surf group" is also displayed on bhop. My bad, gone now.)

Well Darkregen has already talked to me about that. He is currently in another bhop community where they use some sort of hard-to-learn-easy-to-use anti cheat. He tried explaining it to me but I couldn't really get behind that. If you do happen to become a SM you can talk to Dark about that maybe and implement it. (You actually get to add plugins ;) I only have access to Slaveservers and can't really act poor me :^))

Anything else I can't really add anything / don't really care about / have totally forgotten to write something about / don't have a say in it whatsoever / can't really add anything to it.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  5. Möter

Möter Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hey folks!
    I am really happy to see, that someone finally wants to makes a change.
    There are many server-conditioned issues that are really annoying while bhopping and Massta invariably listed them all.

But i am not agreeable with all of them. It really would be in my favour to keep a Donor Server, just because I really enjoy the rights, the silence and the possibilities to study a map detailed there. It is a great idea by Massta to create a Tier 4+ Server, but in my opinion the Donor Server should still exist (maybe with less player capacity, because there are just a few people online on average).
    Also I disagree (like Spooner) with changing the tick rate of the Bhop Servers. I think there are many people, who like to play on 100 tick more than on 128, or are just bad at 128 tick and better at 100 tick and they would join the FoG (100 tick) servers, because the other ones are changing to 128 tick. It would also be very annoying to beat all the records again for me :confused: (that could be my main reason yolol).

All in all Masstas Suggestions would help growing a better/ bigger Community and revolutionize the Bhop Servers.
    I hope they all will become real soon and the FoG Comm. agrees majoritarian with them.

6. Chefkoch JJ

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Thanks for your early feedback.

@the sooner the spooner@the sooner the spooner you make it sound like bhop is a chaotic server :( I usually check in every day, multiple times, and it's usually rather quiet. Of course there is some disturbance from time to time but having more mods should be an easy fix for that.
    I'm not sure if the !help menu is globally set, but being able to customize it would be awesome. There could be an actual list of all useful commands.
    About the donator server: I really don't see the point of having it. The reason I want to change it is exactly that good players that might join our community cannot play higher tier maps without grinding boring, well known maps first. Though I believe the ruleset/settings should be a bit different for the "hard" server, for example a higher rtv threshhold (I already had some other ideas in mind, but they're too vague yet)
    About 128 tick. Can you truly say that you gave it an honest try, for more than 1 or 2 maps? I knoooow it's a new thing to get used to, I myself can bhop better on 100 tick. But that's only because I never played 128 tick. You'd be suprised how fast you can adapt to it. (To Möter) Also, like 90+% of bhoppers don't even notice the difference or they just don't care. Those who do notice it are usually skilled enough to compensate quickly.
    I don't want to make it sound like I already decided everything, but I truly believe we should give all this a try.

@notonix@notonix I believe this (the shop) is planned anyway, there were also some discussions about trails in another thread. Not sure what the result was, but the feedback was kinda negative iirc :D

@Avaritia@Avaritia so we basically had the same idea. I suggested to n0 that potential mods still have to go through an application process, but with less requirements and a big boost if they are being vouched for by their respective admin.
    Huh, I never ever saw a "!report" in the rolling messages. Maybe I missed it every time ._.
    Also thanks for telling me, I'll contact Dark when I find the time.

@Möter@Möter The decision of creating a third bhop server would be entirely up to n0, even if it just has 4 slots or so.

7. Chefkoch JJ

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    ~
    Added something to the "plugins" section

8. Chefkoch JJ

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    ~
    Added a point to "plugins" and "community"

9. Chefkoch JJ

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The Steamgroup has been created; it's set to invite-only right now because of spammers. I might write a bot that auto-invites players that have a certain amount of points, but I'm not sure about that yet. Until then: Feel free to invite anyone you want :]
    @n0name@n0name, is it possible to grant read-only access to your database? That would make many things easier for me.

Edit: I'm almost done with the bot, it will also have the feature to announce new SR's in the group in a format like
    New record on <bhopmap>: <time> by <player>

Body:
    <style>
    <potentially former record>​

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  10. the sooner the spooner

the sooner the spooner Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    @Massta@Massta Yes I agree that the beginner bhop server is quiet but it's mostly when it's empty, and that's why people who play on the donator server love it so much. I've also noticed some new players joining the donator server from time to time, maybe a better idea would be to familiarize more new players that there's a donator/top250 server at all because most of them don't know. About the 128 tick rate, that's for n0 to decide really, but I'm rather against, as I said I believe that is a change that is too drastic, and if not questionable by most. If it does go to 128 tick, sadly, I will have to say goodbye to the server, and I know I'm not the only one...

11. Chefkoch JJ

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The change is indeed drastic, but "by most" is wrong. Most people I talked to actually agreed with the change, some were indifferent. Even Möter is now fine with it after actually trying it out.

The point of changing the donator server is to make already good players be attracted to the community, and there is no other way of doing that. I assume the server will still be quiet for a few reasons; voice spammers for example are usually shit at bhop so they don't stay long in the first place + we will have more moderators to take care of those (planning me+3) + The future server settings will support peace and quietness. I really don't think the meta will change much, it will just open up for good players. A good start would be to set the rtv-threshold to 100%, meaning that everyone has to type rtv in order to change a map.

I'd be sad if you left us, maybe we can talk in pm so I can convince you to stay :]

12. Chefkoch JJ

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    ~
    Added points to server settings regarding styles

13. preemr ( ̄へ ̄)

preemr ( ̄へ ̄) Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hey everyone, I have read your comments about Massta's ideas and I can see you are slightly against opening the Donator/top250 server as a "free" t4+ server. I understand your point but in my opinion a server needs players on it and it is much better to have a living community on the server. I don't think you should worry about the chaos that can caused by crazy kids or badly behaving olders (haha) because if these people go to a t4+ server they will get bored of it, since 95% of them won't be able to do anything on the maps, but the dedicated players will enjoy it pretty much and/or can even interact with other players who are into bhopping as well. On top of that if this new admingroup thing, called "moderators" is really going to exist, they will probably keep the server cleaner and will handle it. Of course this requires the admins to be careful with choosing the Moderators.

Changing the servers from 100 tick to 128 tick:
    I can't say too much about it, but for me 128 tick feels smoother and I enjoy bhopping more. If you are worried about it cause you have only bhopped on 100 tick, my only words for you are, that it is not too hard to get used to it and after a short period of time you might even get better than before. It is just my experience.

Thanks for reading it, have a nice day.

14. Chefkoch JJ

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Thanks for the support :]
    ~
    Added a point to the plugins section

15. Chefkoch JJ

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    ~
    Changed sv_accelerate to 5.5 on all servers (CS:GO standard)
    Also added sv_friction 4 so prestrafing is actually possible again ._. my bad.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  16. Chefkoch JJ

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    ~
    Uploading around 500 new maps

17. pryzzEE

pryzzEE Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hello FoG-Community,
    as I am unbanned now and active on the server, I feel like I should give my opinion to what should be changed, or rather what I feel like should be changed.

First of all I am going to tell you the reason why I am playing on FoG and dont like other bhop servers and why I think those points are the essential points to a succesfull bhop server.

The first time I joined on the FoG bhop server was about 2 years ago (I am honestly not sure, but I am sure that I have been playing on it for quite a while) and just tried out to get gud :) again. After playing a bit on it I felt like the settings on the server where for the most part just right, but noticed a few things that were quite buggy( for example legit is way to easy, as long as u scroll fast enough before you jump, youre going to hit almost every jump and if you fail the jump, the speed lost isnt a that much as it should be or the sync count in the rating and there are defenitly issues with the strafes sometimes it shows only 1 or sometimes insanly many), but that wasn´t too much of an issue as the people on the server were for the most part friendly and helpfull! So I decided to continue to play and watched how the server develops and which people are joining, or if nothing would happen at all. At some point I grew kind of attached to the server, since I have found lots of friendly members to chat with and gained lots of records which led me to the conclusion that I am going to stay on it.

So now to my points what could be changed in the Forum:

I think the forum should be changed quite a bit as it is really community unfriendly.
    Why is that so?:
    * The whole FoG Community is mixed together - Surf is Surf / Bhop is bhop every community needs to chill out somewhere!
    *The CS:GO Section should be divided into SURF/BHOP/JAILBREAK/..... etc to give more of an overview to what is happening
    *In those sections of the server shouldnt be only update logs and suggestions or to report some kind of problems, but rather creative sections, like map building or sm mod creations that could benefit the server - Such things are really important for people who help to build the server with the staff and I have never seen a big/good server without those things. (No I have seen the Suggestion Thread)
    *Announcements should be made individually as long as they don´t involve all of the servers
    *More Events in the Forum/Server that would motivate players to be more active and so on.
    *Actually tell the people on the server that there are "contests" in the forum for active members!
    I may have overlooked somethings since I am( despite being active on the bhop server for quite a while) quite new to the forum!

Now to the bhop server, which has all in all a pretty good setup:
    *Moderator Group should be implemented in any case, since one Admin alone is not enough to check the Server 24/7 (---> guess massta has a reallife :p )
    * The current legit mode should be changed to something like Legit-Easy and there should be a fix for the real Legit players, where its about strafecount and so on to achieve good times!
    *I think there should rather be a VIP System where you gain points instead of gaining points by completing maps!
    *Tickrate should be changed to 128tick (---> feels smoother.)
    *For bhop_arcane and other maps !unstuck -- (since you get stuck in walls on some maps and for many new players it is just a hassle and annoying to start out the map from the start)
    *!noclip (----> to get a proper overview of the map)
    *More fun styles
    *A timer that shows your sync and strafe count + gains
    *EDIT1: Get an Anticheat like SMAC or similar on the server (---> Most cheat clients regarding norecoil/nospread/bhop scripts/autostrafers/silent aim are detected by those and will probably never be supported by big cheat clients)

Note: Everything mentioned above is my opinion and are just proposals! But all in all I think massta has hit most points that are vital to the server and with those it should definitly grow bigger (---> More active players)!
    +My English is not the best( forgive me grammar nazis D; )

@Massta@Massta Sry hat ein bisschen lange gedauert, war bisher zu faul um meine grauen Zellen anzustrengen :p

Edit2:
    *After some research I found out some cheats have SMAC bypass, one solution for those would be to automaticly save runs with too high strafe counts!
    *When you purchase a chat colour in the store your rank/prefix will not be shown anymore in the chat !
    ---> will be updating my post from time to time for new Ideas or bugs that have been found!

Edit3: Renaming the tags you gain after being at a certain rank. Like Skilled and Pro don´t fit as tags ----> FoG has a way to small playerbase and I think they rather should show that a player is active( = I have seen often enough: How is this guy skilled/ How can someone like this be pro and so on by newbies on the server)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  18. Yoda

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Really painful to read all this when you are using bold on everything. How about you do it like every other normal human being and just write non-bold

19. Yoda

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    If you want to add a thought process go for italic or brackets.

20. Chefkoch JJ

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I guess we should try to focus on the important things here.

First of all, thanks a lot for your input. I'll go over the points you raised:
    • I found a potential setting that might make legit bhopping easier than it should be - will test that soon
    • The community is bigger than just CS:GO bhop+surf+kz, making any changes to the forum takes a LOT of work and is out of scope for me and anyone else involved
    • We have a ts3 server and a public discord where people might hang out, but afaik noone from bhop ever goes there
    • It is probably possible to create a subforum in the CS:GO section, but I'd have to ask n0name for permission
    • I'd like to get the moderators going asap, I just didn't have the time to take care of that yet (need like 3+ people online at once AND have time)
    • Gaining shop points for completing maps sounds like a great idea, but since I don't know how the pointdistribution exactly works I can't make an assumption how hard that would be to implement. Let alone the "ok" from n0
    • I will test 128 tick soon
    • We have an !unstuck command, it teleports you to the start of the stage and gives a small extra timeloss (+10 seconds or so to your current time). Everything else might be abused on maps with displacements etc., you could glitch through walls for example
    • !noclip is a donator perk
    • I was thinking of SMAC, at least for the legit style... I've seen it catch some scripters in L4D2
    It may seem like I'm not progressing at all, but that's partly because I just didn't have much time lately - my last exam is on 5th of april, after that I can be as active as I want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.