Resolved Disappearing WR Bhop Bots (with video)

Discussion in 'Report a problem (archive)' started by the sooner the spooner, Feb 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the sooner the spooner

the sooner the spooner Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I don't even know if you remember the last thread I made n0, it was a while ago, but it was about disappearing record replay bots on the FOG bhop donator/easy servers. On some people they disappear the moment you rtv, on others, they don't. The last thread ended with me not sending you the video footage you wanted so this time I got it recorded. [Disclaimer: I know the videos are really low quality and recorded with my phone instead of my pc but I had no other way of filming it at that time.]

In the first video you can clearly see the replay bot I got when I beat the record on bhop_screelee and replaced axeleration's bot. My bot is there as it should, everything is normal, and then I just rtv.... (Lucky me, the map I randomly picked had problems loading so I had to ask somebody else to go in the server and change it because I couldn't join - that's why there are 2 videos, because I was stuck there waiting about 10 minutes for someone to come and didn't have enough battery nor storage on my phone to record it all on 1 single video)

In the second video I come back to the same map - bhop_screelee - about 15 minutes later, just to find a random BOT walking around the map, in place of where the record bot should be... exactly as I explained in the older thread I made about this.

links to the videos: video 1 -
    video 2 -

This very same problem happens to quite a lot of people on the server, that's why it's so regular to see a replay bot of a run that is far back on the record list.

2. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    This should be fixed now.
    Problem was incorrect handling of the replay file (the line with the name/time was not read correctly), thus leaving the plugin in a failed state.

I have fixed that now and deployed it on Bhop Donator & Beginner, will move over to the Surf servers once it's confirmed fixed.
    This should also fix an issue with worse times overwriting the bot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. the sooner the spooner

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The best server owner in the world!! <3
    (as well as the best servers ;))

4. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I guess this is working fine now?

5. the sooner the spooner

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Yes, everything is working splendid now!! Thank you so much for fixing this!!! :):)

6. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Updated plugin on the surf servers as well now.
    Marking as resolved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.