Accepted Ban Appeal - Oku!

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by Oku!, Feb 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oku!

Oku! Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    SteamRep block
    | steamname: Oku!
    | steam3ID: [U:1:92240733]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:46120366
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198052506461
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/oku95
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198052506461

What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    Oku!

When did it happen?
    23.01.2017 19:49

What's the specified reason?
    Racism

Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    So recently I got banned for racism. I used the n-word with hard r in the voice chat.
    It wasn't directed to anyone so I wouldn't count it as racism. I agree that I shouldn't have used the word n-word with hard r as a joke.

Now there are some weird things about my ban...
    First it was 1 week ban:
    https://puu.sh/tx4l6/0b5fcfc9d7.png
    Then little later it was extended to permanent (never got reason why).

I'm not trying to bring up others into MY ban appeal but if you check the ban list using "racism" as a search word, it seems that half of players get banned for 1 week for racism and others get permanent ban. Isn't that little unfair?

In conclusion:
    I would like to be unbanned. Pretty please :3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. Littlemadtiger

Littlemadtiger Forum Police Member

I like you Oku, I think out of a lot of things, I would love for people like you to get a second chance. There's just one issue I have.

You were an admin. As a previous or current admin, it would be expected of you to hold to the rules, regardless of the situation. "It wasn't directed to anyone so I wouldn't count it as racism" So if I said in game chat "what is this type of shit, nigger" with admins present, they should just treat it with a pat on the back, as if to say it's just a joke? The word "nigger" is extremely prejudice and if used but not directed, someone will still get offended by it and report you.
    See it from a different angle. If the admin that day did not ban you, that admin would be in deep shit as some people will try to point out.

But yes, the ban lengths are odd, but I don't disagree with a permanent ban you deserved. Not even a apologetic phrase in your ban appeal. That really ashamed me coming from a previous long time administrator in FoG.

I don't mind you in Discord, but I disagree with you being granted another opportunity. For that, I don't think you should be un-banned.

3. Dark Red

Dark Red MAH BOIS! Banned Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You as a long time member should know the rules, so why do you say the n-word in the voice chat it doesn't matter how you use it, I've also noticed that you haven't apologized yet for using the n-word and I find that really naughty from a guy like you. And I can see how you talk to people with that really bad attitude that I find really immature. In my opinion this ban appeal should be Declined.

This is just ridiculous.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  4. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    In my oppinion this appeal is shit. You were an admin on the server, and to become admin you need to know the rules. And this is that rule: ยง2a No racism or discrimination of any kind. This includes sprays too.

If you were a racist, you deserve that perma ban.

But its up to @Faggot@Faggot to give the final awnser.

-Ghost Rider

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Pudgey

Pudgey Shinji did nothing wrong Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The fact that he said it once and it wasn't even aimed at anybody proves the permanent ban wasn't deserved. Other people have been let off with worse, like not even a warning, yeah I get he's a long standing member but the fact others get away with worse helps his case here. Y'all acting like this is some kind of admin application, amazing.

6. Hayden Storm

Hayden Storm Member

I feel like Oku should be unbanned

Sure he joined the forums just to appeal his first ban back in October of 2014....
    But an occasion such as this led to him being a well-known member of the community... be it in-game/forums/discord
    Of course, the fact he's been a previous admin who swore to keep the rules and take immediate action to whoever were to break them is kind of contradictory to say the least... I do not know him personally (in case someone suspects me of vouching for him) but I've had my fair share of encountering him. First impression... he's an alright fella... sociable... outgoing... not toxic(?)
    I dunno, for someone who's been around for quite some time, I don't feel like a permanent ban should be issued
    I myself was banned at one point for the same reason, but I did redeem myself, because I was given another shot.
    Oku on the other hand is asking for another shot, but it's not his first time asking for one. Having taken a look at his first ban appeal back in 2014
    I'd say it was pretty ridiculous banning him for saying "fagot" but that's just me. I personally wouldn't count that as a contradiction to "Well he has been given another chance before, he blew it"

In conclusion... I know it's not wise of me to say this, as it may give the impression of favoritism but...
    Returning the ban to its original state upon issuing is the action I'd take.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  7. Starfish

Starfish Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Darkregen got permabanned 4 times and 3 of those permabans got lifted.

It's obvious that Oku knows the rules, but there are hardly any instances where he's directly broken the rules.
    Saying nigger will naturally get you a ban. But a permaban? Holy shit dude.
    Since when did FoG turn into some punishment camp where you get permabanned for linking sites in your name and saying a single racist word?

At least bring up his shitposting if you wanna have a valid argument. Then again you'd probably ban around half of the current admins for shitposting, too.

8. Faggot

Faggot Lets make it happen! Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    After talking with n0:name again and reviewing the evidence we have decieded to reduce your bans length to a month.

Keep in mind that any further offence of this kind will result in a permanent ban

Closing and moving

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.