Implemented Additional donator server

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by SeaBass, Jan 13, 2017.

Tags:
?

Would you like to see a donator tier locked T4-6 server?

1. Yes

86.7%
  2. No

13.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeaBass

SeaBass Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Just curious about adding a new donator server but with a tier lock ie. T4-6 only. I'm almost certain that it will be populated it won't be a dead server if that's what you're worried about, And i'm sure there's other people that think the same as me, just recently it's been more active and with more people there's more conflict, Not throwing shade or anything like that but it has been like a 1-3 tier donator server for the past few weeks/months and yes i know that was partly my fault by asking for it to be opened up to lower ranks but i think a additional donator server would be greatly appreciated.

2. Giovanni

Giovanni Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I like the idea of having a server for higher Tiers only. I don't think you should make it donator only because it would be nice if new players could play high Tier Maps aswell. Currently most of our Mappool is locked for new Players until they are in the Top 250. To prevent random RTV's and Mapvotes, i still think only Top 100/250 or whatever should be able to vote Maps and use RTV.

3. SeaBass

SeaBass Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    That is a good point, it does put off "good" surfers that want to surf decent maps because they have to grind t1-3's until they get top 250. If there was a non donator server for high tier maps i think it would encourage alot more people to stick around on FoG. Additionally i think there should just be the same settings used on the donator Eg, Max time etc...

4. Rizor

Rizor eZ Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I totally agree with Giovanni on this one.
    If there should be a T4-6 server than make it public. There is no reason to have more than one Donator Server in my oppinion.
    I would go even further and make the Donator Server to an only Donator Surf Server then. Therefore only who really support it with donations would have acces to an server where they can choose a bit easier which map to play next.

5. Giovanni

Giovanni Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    That would be a dead Server though.

6. Rizor

Rizor eZ Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Im pretty sure it won't.
    Cause it would be the only T1-6 Server that have this timelimit on the maps and where you can actually play the map you want then.
    Under the circumstances that you contributed something to F-O-G (e.g. Donation).
    Therefore if you would like to run a record on a T1-3 Map then the only Donator Server would be still way better.

But don't get me wrong. That's my personal oppinion. And thats acutally what a classic "Donator" server is for.
    Opening it to the top100 aswell is just kindness of n0name.

7. Giovanni

Giovanni Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I literally dont know any server groups that have the "classic" Donator server you are talking about. Most have Servers reserved for higher Ranks Players just like KSF or SurfHeaven have.

8. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    If I would make one, it would only be 10 slots and locked to top250/donator (same as the other one).
    We had a public one, but it was dead almost 24/7, no sense in making another one.

For this to happen, the poll needs at least 10 positive votes (as it is more management from our side as well).

9. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Took you a while to reply here..
    You should keep the ranklimit low and the donators out to be entirely honest. The currect donator server is mostly ruined by plebs who join and play 1-2 maps. If T4 players join and permalock T4 maps people who want to do more difficult maps are gonna end up unhappy again. I am fairily certain that the server without donators will have players no matter what. (Most of the regulars will switch to it most likely) Top ~100 or less seems fair since all the 100> players are better than T3 anyway.

10. SeaBass

SeaBass Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Fair point, i think the best option is for it to be T4-6 non-donator and top 100 lock.

11. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Seems like the 10 vote minimum has been met (and surpassed it by 2).
    Will look into getting the server online during the next weekend, will be top 100, no donors, and T4-6 with 10 slots.

12. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.