Implemented surf_sandtrap removal tier 1-2

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Miller1989, Dec 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miller1989

Miller1989 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I want to ask for this map to be moved to tier 1-3.
    Since most of you know that I mostly record everything on cs go here is a video of me explaining the reasons and my personal point of view. Also this video helps you visually understand the problem that I have with this map.

Thank you very much.

2. K1ng

K1ng Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I would like to agree with this statement. VERY MUCH SO. I was late night surfing and Lelensko asked to change it to this map cause he heard miller saying that this map shouldn't be on the 1-2 severs. After 2 minuets of the map being on, i quote "why is this a tier 2" and i replied with "Its a VERY HARD tier 2, Ayy lmao"

I think it should be removed from the 1-2 and and be classed as a tier 3. It just safer that way, so that people who are regular 1-2 surfers or beginners don't rage quit and leave the server. Lets try and keep the server for beginner/slightly challenging maps and not a map that takes hours of practice for a descent surfer to complete.

3. Lelensko

Lelensko Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I personally don't mind playing a harder map, but i just don't think this map should be on tier 1-2.
    Most people on tier 1-2 are new to surf, looking for easy maps and they most likely wouldn't even get past the first two jumps since you have to be fairly smooth. Should be fine on 1-3 though.

Also found this in the map description:
    Don't know much about how tickrate affects surfing, but just putting this here.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  4. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Oh boy lets keep this response short im a little under time pressure right now
    In my opinion this map is easier and way more enjoyable than surf_rainbow, surf_waterworks or surf_classics2.
    But sure I'm definitely willing to agree on removing the map from the 1-2 cycle.

Will look at this when I'm home.

Not at all. I dont think it took me even 10min to learn, and I am far from decent.

B3 is already set to T6 (With request from our rank 1 surfer). I dont see a problem with it being there since the other boni seem easier than that. (finished both)

Gonna wait for a bit more people to respond here before going to any conclusion.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  5. Seynethic

Seynethic DeadlyTruth Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Just throwing in my general opinion on the t1-2.
    People who join the 1-2 regularly are known to talk alot, relaxing, they just dont care about surf in general. Surfing is just an addition for them while doing other stuff simultaneously. So they dont even bother to improve their surfing skills. Although surfing isnt their main activity they care about completing or at least making progress while doing so. On your examples classics2, waterworks and rainbow its way easier to reach the next stage/10th ramp Compared to sandtrigger. Therefore I gotta agree with miller, the very first jumps of the map are quite challenging to get.

Just my opinion, Butter I dont rly care about removing it from the 1-2

6. Giovanni

Giovanni Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I guess you could remove it from the 1-2 Mapcycle but don't change the maptier pls.

7. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Just watched the video--

Well to explain the reason why it has 24 finishes is because it was added like yesterday. You dont know it because it was added yesterday.
    But dont worry I removed the map now.

The bot doest appear for various reasons which I wont explain now.

Marking as implemented. Closing and moving.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.