Declined Suggestion: Add Votemute to tier 1-2

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Spartan, Dec 3, 2016.

?

Do you want this added?

1. No

9 vote(s)
    69.2%
  2. Yes - voting should be 25% of population

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes - voting should be 30% of population

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes - voting should be 35% of population

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Yes - voting should be 40% of population

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Yes - voting should be 45% of population

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Yes - voting should be 50% of population

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I simply suggest we add !votemute to tier 1-2 that requires around 25% of the server to vote in order to mute someone, this is because there are times when no admins are on to mute the voice spammers.

Now I know we have !sm but that only fixes one person, if we were to have a few !sm then it would just contribute to more micspam on top if we tried to talk without hearing them.

The issue is it stops people having any type of conversation and right now its pretty needed.

My suggestion is around 25-40% of the server needs to vote for it to make it fair as there are some idlers, some people who use voice_enable 0 and some that are taking part in the mic spamming.

2. Lelensko

Lelensko Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Wouldn't it be too easy to abuse this?

3. ElToredo (195cm)

ElToredo (195cm) Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I prefer not to put this feature because I have seen a lot of servers with a !voteban, !votekick or !votemute command and all of these had been used to abuse much more than one time. Indeed, admins can't be 24/7 on the server, that's why I try to come very time I receive a report bot message when I'm at home but we all can't do this.

4. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Yeah I understand that, which is why I added the suggestions for how many % of the server needs to vote,

I just thought maybe implementing this would be a good idea to help mute when its needed, though if it is caught that people abuse it we could add punishments like TF2 side had. Such as bans for abusing votemute.

5. ElToredo (195cm)

ElToredo (195cm) Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You won't ban 25%, 30% or even more of the population just for abusing of a command, that would be too much

6. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    No I didnt mean like that dw,

7. Celeritate

Celeritate insufficient Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    tbh I do not have much experience(s) with CS:GO servers, but I do know, that it's a pretty annoying thing when people mic spam, especially when there's no admin around at that time.
    Though I feel like, what the others stated above, that it can be fairly abused. So perhaps just make the users aware of that they can mute the person(s) via console? If that doesn't work, we'd then go to the second option to get the feature implemented. Though I don't feel like too sure about it, hence the TF2 community can be a bit harsh on that option, and placing it on other players. Don't know about the CS:GO community at all.
    And regarding a temporary ban for abusing the !vote commands, that would be an option, though I think it's a bit too far to take it like that. As El said.

8. Baiyan

Baiyan im so high Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It would be way too easily abused. People will be muted for unjustified reasons, leading to people complaining over the forums about how;
    "I was muted because the people didn't like me".
    There will inevitably be situations where people are muted for no reason at all.

I think the solution is simple. People need use the report bot more efficiently instead of spamming it incorrectly. Report people for clear rule violations (like music, racism) and don't report people because you don't like them or for a very minor reason. This leads to the report bot being full of generic reasoning, and is generally useless. It doesn't help us know what the person is doing wrong, and it makes our jobs harder when the report bot is full of
    "Offensive chat (Behaviour)" as reasoning. Give a custom reason. Music, racism, anything to help us.
    There is currently too many situations (It's even worse on retakes) where we join the server, and there is no one doing anything wrong, and we feel like we waste our time.

And if an admin doesn't join and it's a simple matter, an easy pm such as:
    "There's a music spammer, can you come join real quick?"
    Does the job perfectly fine.

(btw this wasn't directed at anyone, just in general really)

9. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep

Yeah I understand that, I try to use the report bot most of the time, but at the same time, admins are not always awake or available even with 5 of you, there are times when no admins can come because they arent there, which is why I made this suggestion.

I thought votemuting would be a good solution, but if you think it would be too easily abused then that is unfortunate as it is needed to some degree.

10. ElToredo (195cm)

ElToredo (195cm) Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The main reason that made me become an admin is that there wasn't any admins on the server x) But I don't really think that this feature will be useful.

11. Miller1989

Miller1989 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I find this to be a good intended but terrible idea.
    Just as already mentioned, people would abuse this way too much.
    There are people that come on the server, say one single word and then get trashed from almost everyone for no reason.
    Then there's people like me, and you know what I am, I am complete trash and cancer in voice chat and still people like me and find me funny to some extend and I rarely get someone that complains and uses the !sm command on me for all I know. (at least I rarely hear someone saying that they are going to mute me).

I would do a counter suggestion though. It would be nice to have an automatic message that comes when you connect to the server where it tells you to type !help when you need something. No idea what the possibilities are since I have never been an admin and don't know the limits of what you can actually do, so sorry for my simplified suggestion.

I did notice that most people unfortunately don't know that there even is the !sm command and obviously get frustrated with the server situation at times, especially if you are new at surf or have never encountered surf servers with this option. Even when briefly explaining in chat on how to mute someone, they rarely read the chat and when someone talks they can't really hear at times, i.e. someone's playing ear rape while you are trying to explain to a player that is complaining how to mute people. Impossible!

I have been on another CS community years ago and this worked there. They did use a complete other system on how the server functioned with commands and who could use them though. Unfortunately this won't work on FOG surf because there's a complete other kind of people on the server. As I said, I think your intention was very good but I personally gotta say that I don't agree with your idea.

PS: This is a very simple suggestion in my opinion and I think that this idea already has been considered at some point by someone but still not implemented for the reasons stated above.

12. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Don't really see this happening, we had a vote[kick/ban/mute] plugin once, but it wasn't working properly.
    There also aren't any working alternatives (at least for CS:GO) available at the moment. Plus some other reasons stated above.

Denied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.