Declined [Dodgeball Suggestions]

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by ><Gouminho, Sep 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ><Gouminho

><Gouminho Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Suggestions:

1.Players can't camp on places that rockets can't hit them because of the floor or a wall (like the spot under the bridge on map tfdb_bridge)
    screenshots: A.http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756021880
    B.http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756021786
    *I know that if u make the rocket go under the bridge you will hit them but this looks like a bug on the map and it is just waste of time

2.Players can't go to spots that normally couldn't unless they use airblasting or rocketjumping
    screenshots: Airblasting: A.http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756026826
    B.http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756034752
    *I was not able to take a screenshot when i was rocketjumping but there are people that will tell you that it is possible

2. Snake

Snake Snake? Snake?! SNAAAAAAAAAAKE?!?!?!? Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    1 I guess its alright
    2 that makes no sense at all.

3. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I do see how the stairs under the bridge can stall the game
    but you can avoid this specific stall by aiming down when reflecting a rocket or if you blast him out of this position

I don't see why people shouldn't be allowed to stay on spots they get airblasted on. Besides the fact that it doesn't really change THAT much, it's the opponents fault if he airblasts you to a higher place, why would you go down again where the pyro's would just airblast you again?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  4. fletch

fletch Regex Mangler Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hey Gouminho.

Suggestion 1 is ok, but its not a massive issue. You can just airblast them out of there or redirect rockets towards them.

Suggestion 2 I don't agree with. Its a skill to be able to rocketjump. I don't see why it should be punished. *Unless it were giving them an advantage like if they were glitched into a place where they can't die*

5. ><Gouminho

><Gouminho Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Quote Originally Posted by TriforceSmasher

I do see how the stairs under the bridge can stall the game
    but you can avoid this specific stall by aiming down when reflecting a rocket or if you blast him out of this position

I don't see why people shouldn't be allowed to stay on spots they get airblasted on. Besides the fact that it doesn't really change THAT much, it's the opponents fault if he airblasts you to a higher place, why would you go down again where the pyro's would just airblast you again?

*You can not airblast him out of the position and he can also airblast you back also i am aware that you can aim down and kill him but it is just a waste of time

*Well you have a point if you are getting airblasted by mistake on a spot like that it is ok for me but i have never seen something like that most of the times they team with someone to go to this spot as a result he will have the highground

6. ><Gouminho

><Gouminho Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch

Hey Gouminho.

Suggestion 1 is ok, but its not a massive issue. You can just airblast them out of there or redirect rockets towards them.

Suggestion 2 I don't agree with. Its a skill to be able to rocketjump. I don't see why it should be punished. *Unless it were giving them an advantage like if they were glitched into a place where they can't die*

*Example:A red player is under the bridge were the rocket can't see him and a blue rocket targeted him(he is the last one alive) the blues cant airblast the rocket or airblast him out
    thats why i believe this should be a rule

* Well you are right it takes skill to rocketjump but i remember some spots on some maps that will allow you to denay the rockets.In other words the rocket that targets you will explode when it spawns and if you want to go to this spot you need to rocket jump

7. ><Gouminho

><Gouminho Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake

1 I guess its alright
    2 that makes no sense at all.

*thx
    *Check my reply on fletch

8. ><Gouminho

><Gouminho Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Also if you are wondering on what map you stop the spawning rockets it is tfdb_lithium you can rocket jump on the spot that rockets spawn and you can stop the game if the rocket targets you

9. Oku!

Oku! Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    @&gt;&lt;Gouminho@><Gouminho

You can press the "Reply with Quote" under users post to quote them properly.

Like this:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  10. ><Gouminho

><Gouminho Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  11. fletch

fletch Regex Mangler Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The issue isn't really people using rocket jumping. It's people abusing bugs in the map. So while I don't agree with your rule suggestion I do believe a rule preventing people from camping in said glitches would be a positive addition to the server.

Also, you can airblast them out from under the bridge.
    Just run across and drop down the side and you can airblast them out the other side of the stairs.

12. ><Gouminho

><Gouminho Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well i agree with you but what if they rocketjump on others spawns like tfdb_inferno the map was originally made for not going to the other spawns
    Also even if it is possible people can still airblast you back and the spot can stop the game

13. Bambi

Bambi Puffbuck Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Stopping the game in unintended ways is the same as glitching/mapglitching.
    Since camping places rockets can't reach also stops the game, that obviously shouldn't be allowed either. Seems like a good rule to add.

14. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Then again, we don't have enough admins atm to enfore any new rules.
    Denied for now, until we have more staff there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.