Resolved Admin report on Darkregen

Discussion in 'Admin Reports (archive)' started by Connect, Jun 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Connect

Connect Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Admin Name :
    @Darkregen@Darkregen

Time:
    17.06.2016 13:55

Server:
    Trade/idle

Description (describe what happend):
    So basically he banned me on the FoG Trading server for saying "Everyone type in chat Alex is a stupid nigger." Which wasn't meant to be deemed as offensive in any way, shape or form. it was a video quote from Keemstar which i have used over the course of time.

He gave me no warning and immediately banned me on the spot. In the position he's in he had no right to ban me since he's not an admin on the TF2 FoG servers + He didn't ask any of the TF2 FoG admins for permission to ban me. He clearly holds some kind of grudge against me.

At this time I'm already unbanned by Watson. But as i see it, he can't be let off without getting an official warning.

Witness (optional):
    @Hai n Bai@Hai n Bai
    @[FoG] Nyx :^)@[FoG] Nyx :^)

Proof (images, videos, demos):
    http://files.f-o-g.eu/ebbf464efdg6a8gb4f72c822f130d501

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  2. Starfish

Starfish Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Only relevant and constructive posts that actually matter for this report.
    No pointless cussing and discussing, you can do that in shoutbox or in Discord.

[​IMG]
    This thread is secured by Downy Shitstorm Prevention©.

3. Namaco

Namaco Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The rules state that No Racism or discrimination shall find it's place on this server.
    It's simple as that.

4. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    If it wasnt obvious from the start, yeah, i hold a grudge. Mainly due to:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But honestly. A warning something that i actually had a valid reason to do? Whether in jest or not, saying nigger is still against the rules. Even if i do it. You're basically being mad about something thats entirely your own fault.

To clarify things. Yes, i've said "nigger" multiple times on the server, sometimes admins were online, sometimes they werent. If you're saying that, even with a valid reason to ban you, that simply because i wasnt given permission to ban you i should receive a warning?

I could ask permission to ban you based on your chatlogs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So moving on.

You recent aswell just called me retard on the Discord server. Even though Discord =/= FoG then it just solidifies my point.

Respectfully. I rest my case.
    So yeah, im not denying that i didnt have permission. If im getting an official warning for that, so be it. But i clearly had a legitimate reason to ban him.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  5. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Rules state that if you're not an admin for a server, you cant ban someone without permission from someone whose an admin on that server

Dark broke a small rule, Connect broke a rule. Both somewhat in the wrong.

/thread

6. F7are

F7are Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    [HR][/HR]
    On-topic

Dark should get an official warning for this. It's clear that he hasn't handled the way that was intended and instead took initiative.

[HR][/HR]

Off-topic
    However, Connect should not have been unbanned IMHO. Regardless of a copy-paste meme, racist remarks are racist remarks, and the rules clearly state that we ban for those. Even if they were quoted.

[​IMG]

Clearly anyone could see that this was a quote or something like that. /sarcasm

I feel like if Dark gets an official warning for this, Connect shouldn't come off with an unban just because Dark wasn't allowed to ban him. That feels like Connect is ban-dodging.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  7. Starfish

Starfish Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    After waiting a few days and having read through all the evidence in this chat, I've come to a verdict.

Firstly, Darkregen will be receiving an official warning.
    As administrator you are expected to ban on your own servers.
    Never ban players on a server you're not admin on, always ask one of the admins on that server for permission first.
    This goes for all admins reading this, too!

As for Connect, quoting a (racist) quote from a video is not worth a 1 week ban in my opinion.
    However, chatlogs of you making some crude 'jokes' have come up, on the 11th of June.
    I'm just gonna say that these chatlogs are beyond offensive, extreme racism like this is not tolerated in our servers.
    You, as a regular, should know that it's not allowed.

Any players with logs close to yours would've gotten a permanent ban up their ass straight away.
    With that in mind, I've decided to permanently ban you from the FoG servers.

Report closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.