Declined Changing VSH to FF2

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by TheBluekr, May 30, 2016.

?

Change server to FF2?

1. Yes, make it FF2 and add more bosses.

90.0%
  2. Yes, make it FF2 but don't add additional bosses.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, leave it VSH.

10.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBluekr

TheBluekr Creator of ClOS Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I've been thinking and also discussing with Spartan if it would be possible to change the VSH server to FF2, why?
    In my opinion the current amount of bosses feel quite limited since there are only 4. Compared to FF2 the standard boss limit is increased to 8, with possibility to add more (can be suggested I would expect). This does increase the variation of gameplay for both the boss and players. Another reason what has been suggested earlier but for VSH, the boss selection for donators. I've been searching earlier for it and I'm aware there is already one made for FF2, which should be able to be used by donators.

2. KillerGirl

KillerGirl Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Indeed VSH feels limited in this state, changing it to FF2 would really bring more life to the server as there will be more ways to play.
    The current bosses are good, but it would be nice to finally have something new.
    I approve.

3. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Me wants +1
    Cuddle heavy is a must.

4. fletch

fletch Regex Mangler Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'm not sure about the current state of FF2, but the last time I ran it it was incredibly unstable compared to VSH.

5. Pruu

Pruu Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I like FF2, but VSH is better than nothing - FF2 apparently runs like a sinking ship.

6. TheBluekr

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I've tried FF2 when hosting a dedicated for testing, it ran fine at me.

7. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The main problem still is that FF2 is kinda unpopular .. at least here.
    Back when we had a server, it was empty almost 24/7 (or had a very low amount of players), hence we switched to VSH.

8. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I believe if we only add a few bosses and keep it fairly the same then it shouldn't be an issue at all, as long as it is some fairly good extras and only around 4 of them it will just make it a bit more enjoyable to play rather than having some op ones with pistols and such.

And I remember out FF2 before jb seemed to be fairly popular if I am correct, there was a broken update that meant it stopped working and we switched it to jb.

9. TheBluekr

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I also asked some regulars, one posted above, so far they were positive.

10. Bambi

Bambi Puffbuck Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    ED-E is the owner of the ''Friends of Wobre'' community, they have a few servers, one FF2 server.
    The link he posted shows how many players played every day (click on wobre #3 ).

ED-E: Hello
    ED-E: You wanted something?
    Fahly : hey, yeah
    Fahly : I'm a vip-mini donator on wobre and an admin for FoG.eu
    Fahly : I have some questions about FF2 servers, maybe you could help?
    Fahly : probably quite simple questions
    ED-E: sure go ahead
    Fahly: we might switch the fog VSH server to FF2, but some claim FF2 is very unstable... any opinion on that?
    ED-E: Can't comment on VSH, we first had VSH for like a few days cause everyone was complaining why there are so few bosses. So we switched to FF2. FF2 was wandering through different programmers over the years, and personally not a fan of the current team. If you want to use FF2, do a lot of testing before releasing it on your servers.
    ED-E: It would also help if you or someone else on your team have scripting/programming experiences to patch things yourself if you don't want to wait.
    ED-E: But once it runs it is easier to maintain all the bosses, cause all these things are not hard coded.
    Fahly: next question I had is about popularity, if you think VSH would have more popularity than FF2. Because I know the wobre ff2 server was quite popular, but not as much anymore
    ED-E: The creator of VSH did FF2 due it's limitations of VSH and many hardcoded stuff. But he abonded both projects many years ago and others took over.
    ED-E: So overtime there might be differences in those two, never followed the updates of VSH tbh.
    ED-E: You can also look up our server statistics here: http://wobre.kicks-ass.net:7080/Misc/ServerStatistics/ServerStatistics.html
    ED-E: WOBRE#3 is the FF2 one.
    Fahly: what about that question about popularity?
    Fahly: the statistics are definately helpful but do you have an opinion?
    ED-E: I cannot comment on if a VSH would be more popular than FFS. Keep in mind we will see how TF2 will go on, since they player count is slowly declining since a good year. If you have a popular VSH player, keep it.
    ED-E: *popular VSH server

I asked for his opinions... and after talking to him I'm still not sure. I think if it's stable enough we could give it a try.

11. [Y.A] Rektation Station

[Y.A] Rektation Station Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'd like this aswell, ff2 is like the newer and better version of vsh. Adding additional bosses would be cool but it'd be also nice if you could also choose what boss you want to be on your turn, most servers with alot of different bosses use this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.