I lied.

Discussion in 'General' started by Toxic, Dec 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toxic

Toxic Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    So as you can see in my app, i lied about my age. And i am very sorry for lying to everyone here. And thanks to starfish for teaching me a lesson.

Thats from me.

2. Starfish

Starfish Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Glad to see you decided to be the bigger man about this.

It takes some balls to come clean about your age.
    *Cough* Other admins.

3. Wandolf

Wandolf Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You know, you could've not lied and just waited to grow up 'n' stuff.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  4. TheBluekr

TheBluekr Creator of ClOS Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Wait till 2nd of January, I got proof. :3

5. Toxic

Toxic Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I did a big mistake of not doing that

6. Wolfeye

Wolfeye Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I never lied about my age. Focken 'ell man

SO IM BETTER THAN YOU YOU FUCKING SCRUBLORD

EDIT: Sarcasm. Seems like you dont get that.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  7. Toxic

Toxic Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I am 14 u fucking twat. And no, ur not better than me

U guys should change the requietments to 15 instead xD

I got more friends here than you, twat

8. F7are

F7are Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It's not much about the age for me. The biggest thing I'm dealing with is that this causes a massive dent in your credibility. You lied to get ahead of things and you actually threatened someone with your lie, too, while you knew you were wrong.

I think you know who I'm referring to.

I'm not going to ask for you to apologize to me personally or anything similar to that, but for me to be positive about giving you a position within FoG will take quite some time and trust considering what you have said.

9. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Idiot.

Hide your traces better next time.

JK dont lie when its serious. Makes you more unpopular than you want. Keep that in mind

see ya on bhop yer scrub <3
    -Yodster

10. Pudgey

Pudgey Shinji did nothing wrong Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    lol dis isnt tru fam

11. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    [​IMG]

Before some people *cough* starts going apeshit about "trust and maturity", could we please take a moment to reflect on both me and Spartan, back when i told everyone that i faked my age 1 year ahead, people were basically like "Yeah sure whatever, doesnt really effect anything"

And for Spartans case, people basically did the same.

So, i'll just let that sink in and while i do. How does age have anything to do with maturity these days anyway, yeah sure you learn from your age and mistakes but in the end of the day, maturity is viewed differently and is different for everyone. Your trust may be affected but the maturity of Toxic will stay exactly the same regardless of age.

Age isnt that actually that big of a deal, all it determines if the duration of your life and how many time you fucked up. And let this be one of them, personally i've learned to just roll with my mistakes and error and deal with them as they come, that is me and who i am. But at this point you need to look into what you're gonna do to "fix" this image of yours even though it isnt as damaged as mine was.

12. F7are

F7are Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Not sure who this is directed to since no one explicitly targeted the age of Toxic, so I'll answer this.

I don't care about the age whatsoever. I care about being able to build on top of someone when they're there. If the first thing that comes out turns out to be a lie, images get damaged.

Your case was a different cause for a few reasons and for a ton of things you have said. On the contrary of that, you have come out clean a LONG time ago and you kept trying to cleanse your image and tried to get back on FoG. You've given people a reason to trust you again and your behaviour has been nothing short of excellent.

I'd actually be a bit pissed at Spartan if I was in charge. The fact that someone has been here for so long and only now feels like bringing out a lie to people who have become his friends is rather harsh. Adding to the fact that he's not the age he was back when he applied for the first time, no-one can judge him on his age right now so people are actually unable to hate younger him for it.

In this case, same story. I'm not upset with the age thing. I'm upset because of trust. I've talked about this with other people before and if the first thing a younger one does when trying to get rights on a server that do not benefit them much personally is lying, then they are empowering a stereotype that everyone (including the people who are not a part of it) hates. That's the problem with lies about age.

I'm not entirely sure but I believe exceptions have been made for people who applied below the age, simply because of the quality of the application. This also adds to the point that age does not prove maturity.

So, to shut this post off, it'll take some time to fix the image. Like how it has been with you before and how it'll be for me with Spartan. Lying doesn't just hit admin credibility, it also hits on a personal level against people in the community. It's not knowing who you're talking to which is a pain.

13. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Just to clarify, i wasnt actually aiming towards anyone. I was merely point it out.

14. F7are

F7are Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Alright. It sounded like it was targeted to someone who would claim his age to be the real problem here.

15. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    See, that is the issue. I told some friend way before ofcourse, but then again, what is age but a number?
    Why would you be pissed at someone who had done a decent/good job for 5 years with maybe 1-2 hiccups if you were in charge?
    Its not a real game changer now is it?
    I have had no issues on my relationships when I told them, they were like, wait what, or I saw that coming the next day? Nothing changed.
    If you will treat someone differently just because they lied about their age, well atleast its only their age?
    Its the internet, people lie about themselves but not to be nasty and to trick people, more just to "fit in" most of the time.
    If we were all 100% honest about ourselves, we would all be very different people in most cases.

Anywhom, I can see why this would make people think ahh yeah, hes the dude that lied, if it came up in an admin app, but would it come up besides that? No.

16. Toxic

Toxic Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I did the same mistake like spartan and dark.

People learns from their mistakes. Not all of them

17. Toxic

Toxic Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I understood what you said..... Twat <3

18. Venom

Venom Jozzeh's Kouhai Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hmmmmmmmm, well I guess you can wait another 2 Years,

Good Luck then............ :/

19. Silent - Bot block

Silent - Bot block Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    im actually 11...x2

20. Namaco

Namaco Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I would never judge somebody by their age. Personality is the priority, not the age.
    Just like Dark said, age has nothing to do with maturity.

You're good, mate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.