Feedback on future PC build

Discussion in 'Technology' started by F7are, Dec 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F7are

F7are Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    As some of you might know, I have sold my old PC to make financial room for the end of 2015. Now that that's been done and over with, I am looking towards getting a PC built for 1440p gaming and 1080p rendering. Since I do not know much about what is needed for rendering, I need some feedback on the build I have in mind.

CPU: Intel i7 5820K
    6 cores over for example the 6700k's 4 cores. Should theoretically help with rendering speeds.

Cooler: Corsair H60
    Silent, thin radiator. Not planning to OC massively, mainly just want it to be cool and quiet.

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-X99-UD3
    Supports DDR4, has a shitton of USB ports on the rear I/O, has two seperate P/S 2 ports for mouse and keyboard which is always nice in case you fuck up

GPU: GIGABYTE GV-N980WF3OC-4GD
    I'm a sucker for Gigabyte products. Has a cooler with three fans. NVIDIA > AMD because of CUDA.

RAM: Corsair 16 GB DDR4-2133 Kit
    Two sticks, could buy another kit when I need the 32 gigs. Corsair is a memory brand I trust.

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO, 250 GB SSD
    Probably won't need more than 250 gigs of storage for all my applications and games that I want to load fast.

HDD: Western Digital Blue, 1 TB
    Will I really need more than 1TB of mass storage any time soon? Doubt it. If I will need more than 1TB I'd be better off getting a NAS down the line.

PSU: Cooler Master G750M
    Maybe a bit over the top with the wattage. However, CM is a good brand when it comes to PSU's. Not to mention the 80plus bronze certification. Won't die on me any time soon I must imagine.

Case: Open for discussion
    Unsure yet. As long as it fits this and stays cool and quiet it should be fine.

What do you think? Is it overkill to have this kind of stuff in my PC? Should I settle for four cores instead, or go with a different socket altogether? AMD maybe for the processor? I'd love to hear some feedback.

2. chickpoint

chickpoint Awesome Member Legacy Management Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    What are you rendering anyway? Because I think you would be fine with with a consumer grade i7, I got an i7-3770K and it does just fine. I cant really see notable difference with the pc at work tbh.

For a case, this one is still my favorite by far!! Fractal Design Define R5 Zwart - Specificaties - Tweakers

3. F7are

F7are Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Mostly graphics, not much recorded video content. After Effects and Premiere Pro are the main programs I'm using for it.

4. chickpoint

chickpoint Awesome Member Legacy Management Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well it is just how much patience you have then :p I would go for the extreme because if it is in budget, why not?

5. F7are

F7are Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Don't really have a budget set up now, it's going to be what comes will come build mostly. Budget is pretty flexible but mostly an ASAP thing. I might actually look towards the 6600k instead if a 3770k performs close to a 6-core intel chip.

6. Pruu

Pruu Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Forget the case, breadboard that fucker on a wall.

7. Gandalf

Gandalf Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    As pruu said. Its good enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.