Implemented [Zombie Escape] Ideas to improve server population

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Hackerlacka, Sep 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hackerlacka

Hackerlacka Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Whenever there are few players on the zombieserver I encourage people to RTV and vote for a popular map believeing that more people will join faster than the current "joining rate". It seems to me as if this is actually working to some extent. I do not have any statistics on this, however I have my personal experience.

With this knowledge in mind I would suggest, if possible some sort of script that would change the map on the server to one of the more popular ones whenever "player count" and "players joining" reaches 0. If I am right this could possibly decrease the time that the server running empty.

Some map that I consider popular on the server is.. (in no specific order)
    -Jurrasic Park escape
    -Lord of the rings maps (LOTR)
    -Star Wars Deathstar escape
    (-Legoland map)
    I can make this map-list more specific if you want to.

NOTE:There is no guarantee for seeing any difference/improvement with this implemented, this is again just based on personal experience

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  2. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Could be done, but I plan on cleaning out the maplist a bit this weekend.
    This means removing shitty maps (like prison, killing server population) and adding some new ones.

Also planning on a quake-like countdown sound for zombie infection (10, 9, 8, 7...)
    Note to self (you can ignore this): https://github.com/SteamRE/SteamKit/blob/master/Resources/Protobufs/csgo/cstrike15_usermessages.proto#L111

EDIT:
    A long standing idea I also had was the one of a population team, but it never came into implementation due to missing interest.
    What it would do - simply joining the server when it's empty/low pop and play there till others join, therefore giving us a benefit over the other empty servers.
    Would need at least 8-15 dedicated people.

3. Silent - Bot block

Silent - Bot block Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    id go on the Zombie server no problems and play till people join! if i get a sexy unique forum color xD

PS. i know it might be very vague, but if zombie escape could be like they was in Source, it would be perfect, current, csgo ZE, seems so.. wierd, the nades freezing? like in source when shotguns did a good amount of zombie push back, awp could knock a zombie to spawn if headshot, stuff like that was amazing back then.
    can only agree with hackerlacka, jurrasic park maps was amazing, some of the LotR maps aswell, i especially liked Blackmesa alot. tho im not sure of what version of it D:
    Titanic was good aswell.
    iamlegend.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  4. Pointy

Pointy Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    As I already told you, I am interested in this. However, no plans were actually made.

5. SneeKeRsS

SneeKeRsS Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    +1 aswell

Is it possible ot make something like a thread so everyone can be aware of this?

6. Polygone

Polygone Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    This seems like a very audacious thing to do, but we live in a scary economy and our only benefit that keeps players interested is that we're not Skial.
    Just do it.

7. Hackerlacka

Hackerlacka Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Maplist cleanup is a good idea! I too feel like there are a few "less interesting" maps that needs to go. I am interested in looking for new zombie escape maps made for CS:GO as I have seen that there are new epic maps out there.

This sounds cool! I hope it wont get annoying in the long run, we will see :).

As for the idea perhaps it is good to put in on a hold for a while, something for the future if it seems promising then. It would be fun to see if it actually would have any impact one the server population at all. Perhaps your suggestion with having a "population crew" is a better way to solve this issue, it sounds interesting.

I too feel like there is big difference between zombie escape back in cs source and now in cs go. Especially no weapons with map unique "superpowers". But I still do enjoy the game alot!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  8. SneeKeRsS

SneeKeRsS Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    While I was palying on the server I noticed (not only know but before) that on the maps like shroom forest the materials are missing.
    This is not the only map of course... other maps such as fapescape where you need the flamethrower, the mines etc. are missing.

My question is can they be added someway? @n0name@n0name

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  9. Hackerlacka

Hackerlacka Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I believe that it is up to the map porter to add theese weapons with special abilities. (If I am right, all the maps that you are talking about are ports from CS:Source, right?)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  10. SneeKeRsS

SneeKeRsS Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Most of them I believe.

11. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Yea, I can't find resource files for any of these maps, they must either be compiled into or given directly from the author..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.