Resignation.

Discussion in 'General' started by Spartan, Jun 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hello all,
    The title says it all.

I have been an admin on this gameserver for around 3-4 years, been playing it for 5 years, now this may come to a shock to some of you, but it is time I resigned.
    Recently I became inactive and after that long time, tried to become active again, it succeeded for a while, I got back into it and then I recently became a 'Game tester' for my job, and I felt no lust to play TF2 when I got home, I would play something relaxing like 'Unturned' or play competitive games with my friends on CS:GO because I have little time to do it now.
    I haven't felt the longing to play TF2 in a while and this saddens me.

I have had 5 years of my life here, over '37 days 17:08:45 hours' '15 days 15:41:16 hours' '19 days 07:32:48 hours' from the last reset. And in that time I have made very fond memmories and so I thank this community for making these 5 years of my life.

VSH - the best gamemode we ever had, sadly our current one no longer fills me with joy after I have spent ages playing another server that sadly shut down and after trying to forge our one to that sort of skill level with no rage no infinite ammo and goomba, I have lost my original love for the gamemode, but it is still the best. This was the gamemode that made me join in the first place, it was the FoG masterrace server at the time, and it was the best experience in FoG V1. All of you noobies missed out on a lot.

Watson, I may not have liked you at first when we originally merged with you guys, but ever since I went on TS3 for the first time and started to talk to you guys more, you have become someone I could talk to and enjoyed playing with.

Chickpoint, you are awesome, stay that way, you have always been playing and I admire your loyalty to both FoG and the game and how you never really banned anyone :p.

Dashiepoo, keep being a Dashiepoo, you may have insulted the fact that I was British on orange a lot, but you are not a pirate :*(. Thanks for making FoG a little weird :).

Jozzeh, you were always fun to talk to, but even more strange than Dashiepoo, it was nice knowing you.

Sky, we had a load of good times together whether on JB, VSH ,Randomizer it was nice knowing you!

A special thanks to @Bunnielord for teaching me all the abusive commands! And giving me the jumpscares to terrorize Jailbreak,
    @Downie@Downie@Chickpoint@Underthedash@Cheatnow@Jozzeh@Sky@Starfush@Konstaa@Kengineer@Gunner@HQ@Kickerz@Sneekerz@Pointy@AnyotherdepartedadminIforgotbutliked, you made my 5 years great.

Sorry n0name, if you were not such a slacker, maybe you would have been in the shoutout, but n0name time sucked :p.

@The rest - You were all cool in some sort of way, but I ain't gonna write a huge sob story here about every little memory.

I may visit time to time, but I have little lust for TF2 and now I cannot keep my activity up and no longer deserve the admin-ship as I am not playing the game.
    I know I made many people dislike me during this time as well, I am sorry to everyone I offended whilst being an admin in FoG and I acknowledged the fact that I can be annoying and stoopid at times.

Don't worry, I will still stalk the forums.

P.S- Wotsits, since when was I an event admin, I bugged you guys for weeks and you never told me :p.

- Spartan/Tranquilla/Warlordz/(Other) Out.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  2. SneeKeRsS

SneeKeRsS Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You leave us? Wait wat?
    Ukid me m8?
    Well It was fun playing with you. Every single second.
    I know you will return like @DaJeroen@DaJeroen did so I won't say goodbye or something like that.
    Anyway.... best of luck mate!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  3. Pointy

Pointy Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Goodbye, old friend. Good luck with life.

You will be sincerely missed here. All salut one of the finest admins FoG has ever seen! *salut*

4. Sky

Sky Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    [​IMG]

5. Dr.Toxic

Dr.Toxic Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Its so harsh to see you go ;( good luck with your life sensai also don't you dare not come here sometimes for chat or ill force you to.

6. Wario

Wario Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Oh well, deary deary Tranquilla/Spartan slash other names you could have been named as, you don't really know me neither have I really talked to you a lot, but I can assure you that Sir Arthur (King of the Britons, let's mark that out) has and he wanted to tell you that he'll miss you. He still believes that you have been claiming his rightful gifted-by-god throne over England all along, you'd better not fool around his castle.

As for me?

*hugs intensifies* <3

7. DaJeroen

DaJeroen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You introduced me to FoG, I remember on Orange. Don't go man... :(

Shame I didn't get a mention

8. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Some people, are just too good for a mention.

9. .ax

.ax idk Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You're one of the guys I thought would never leave FoG atleast during my time here :/ It's a shame to see you go, but thanks for everything and good luck with your life! :)

10. Bambi

Bambi Puffbuck Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Life goes on, good luck with that. Game testing sounds cool.

11. chickpoint

chickpoint Awesome Member Legacy Management Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Sorry to see you go, I can recall we had some wonderful times. Always have liked you, from the start till now. I will try to stay as "awesome" as I am :p Thanks for your kind words.

On the banning, I don't ban much and my patience is great. But it needs to be rectified, it does happen!

Fortress of Gamers - Sourcebans

However I wish you all the luck at your job and hope to find you back here every once and a while.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  12. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Stay around, even if you resign.

[​IMG]

Goddamnit, Spartan. You're more or less to me the "Face of fog".

13. Starfish

Starfish Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Arguably one of the last jailbreak players of the previous generation who still played.
    Thanks for all the times, you glorious bastard.

This is no goodbye, this is so long.
    Hopefully you'll be back sometime, and I'll be waiting for you.

14. Pruu

Pruu Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You have not earned my goodbye, get back here right now and be the good admin you always were.

Less leaving more dancing.

15. cheatnow

cheatnow The desert fox Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    [​IMG]

I wish you the best spartypal we go back to the old FoG.
    Please visit us sometimes.

16. Wandolf

Wandolf Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Come on dude, at least stick around on the forums,

I'll miss you if you don't.

17. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You people and TL;DR'S

"Don't worry, I will still stalk the forums."

18. (EvilS) Swuft

(EvilS) Swuft Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    tiniest_violin.gif

Look, Just because i wind you up and that i won't be able to play with you again since i am banned means that i won't miss you, Its been a good 2 years of knowing and bickering with you and i will miss you for sure

19. Cobalt

Cobalt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I wish you the best in whatever you continue to do in your long life.
    Game (bug) testing sounds like an interesting career choice, bring back stories for us.

So long Spartan,

Alex
    Cobalt

~Live long and prosper

20. aaaa

aaaa Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I know that you will be missed on the servers and I will miss you. I wish you good luck with whatever you are going to do in life and enjoy your time on earth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.