Dakte leaves, too (I'm sorry)

Discussion in 'General' started by Dakte, Feb 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dakte

Dakte Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Yeah so uh

If I put this thing in the wrong section, feel free to move it to wherever. I'm looking at you, Watson

This might be a little long, so, sorry, for you poor suckers who felt compelled to read this whole thing, it's just a sob story and not really required of you to read it all

I didn't mean it to end this way
    But time takes it's toll, and well...
    Well so, straight to the point. I'm resigning, as admin, and most likely from the community as a whole. I've been thinking about it for a really long time, and I actually had plans to write this whole thing a while back, but then another fellow 2fort admin left. (Wardey, I think?)
    I've been here for, some time now. Admittedly I'm not the most talkative out there, so I didn't really get to know most of you. Seen a whole gang of newcomers, old members come back, and some of each to leave. As sad as it is to watch, I guess that's how things are. And now I, too will be leaving. And for that I have some regrets and I apologize sincerely for my lack of activity, here on the forums since I began. But anyway, as Wardey left I felt sort of compelled to continue a bit further, hoping for an odd chance someone else would apply for 2fort again, and I promised myself I'd stay to see if the person needed help or assistance in any way. I had the feeling I owed you guys as a community as a whole to do at least that before I left. But it didn't happen. Which is regretful. So again I was going to write this sad article. My activity both on the forum and on the servers have been rather poor lately, I asked Downy to put me as Inactive for a while, I just needed some time to get my shit together. But...
    As chances would have it, the uh, "Admins are quitting"-train left station and again, someone quit. Again, I thought "shit, okay I'll stay a while longer". I tried to play and enjoy it, but, I haven't felt well lately, and ontop of that my computer started acting up, crashing all my games. It's really frustrating, as it's my only portal to social interaction lately both with friends and family. I live in a, far-off place. I'm trying to fix the computer-related things, so I'm writing this thing while I'm taking a backup of all the important crap. Some might recall I had a fit of fury the other day. I'm sorry for those who had to suffer for that. I think I caused a landslide somewhere, yelled so hard. I'm retarded that way and I probably have anger issues. But the computer is but a minor problem.
    I still didn't leave because I have gradually become fond of this place since I began a year or two back. You guys are pretty alright, if you want to be. Now I don't speak as much, I'm aware, and most of you don't know me, but I've been reading things you've said. I've looked through the shoutbox archives a million times to see if there were anything interesting going on. Always observant, yet, just not "feeling it" anymore.
    Now some might think there's some conspiracy going on, with all the people who've left recently and I assure you there's probably, hopefully maybe not anything going on. My timing is circumstantial, I just want you to know that.
    As I said at the top, I'm not only 'resigning', but I'm leaving almost completely. It's not you, it's me. I'll probably, most likely come back once in a while to see what you crazy gang is up to, and I'll surely visit you on the servers sometime, if I get through what I'm currently experiencing both with my silly computer and otherwise. I might even move away soon, so, I might not have time for much of playing, anymore, maybe.
    During my time I managed to log an entire 41 days, 17 hours, 39 minutes and 57 seconds on your severs. Doesn't feel like such a long time at all, really, but hey. Time more than well spent. I didn't make many acquaintances, but those I did get to know, I wish you the very best in any future endeavours. I'd really like to stay a bit longer and I regret the unfortunate timing of this all, and I feel terribly sorry for leaving my uh... "Duties", even though they're volunterily. But they somehow feel like duties because of how much I think I owed this place. It's been fun, I've learned alot, both from you and the experience itself. Adminship isn't really a 'duty' though, I'm quite aware, but I still tried my best to act as it were, but, lately, circumstances would not have it so.
    And, sorry for the whole dramaqueen-act for writing this entire wall, I know many won't read it or just skim quickly through it, and that's okay. I happened to be in the mood, heavily inspired by youtube. I probably won't see most of you again. So, here it is. This is goodbye.
    As a minor heads up;
    Now as, the friendslist thing on Steam goes, I could begin to mention names. Not in a negative light, but, if I were to try, some might go unmentioned by mistake from my part, so, I'd rather not. However, in short, I'll delete most on there. As I won't have anything more to do with many. I didn't really talk to most of the people on there anyways, and that's probably on me, and I'm sorry, again.
    I'll keep a few, though.

Hah, shit I didn't mean for it to get this long at all. But hey. It might be my very last post, so. Even though I might be seeing some of you on trade, 2fort or orange one day. ^-^
    But for now I have to go. My computer is acting like a little shit and I'm gonna have to sit here, all day looking at this thing while I take backup of a ton of files one by one. http://puu.sh/ge2Vw/a21c0a9496.png

For all you "TL;DR"'s out there,

Sorry for quitting, I know it's unfortunate since so many others left, but timing requires me to do so now while I still have a functional computer.
    Good bye!

2. cheatnow

cheatnow The desert fox Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Wish you the best dakte, while my eyes can't read the whole wall right now thanks for putting up with us for all this time <3

3. Dakte

Dakte Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Oh you're quite bearable, think nothing of it.
    And, @Downy@Downy, yeah you could just remove the things, with the stuff. I forgot to edit it in there. I won't be avaible on Steam for a good while, so I'm just gonna let you know, here and now. Cya!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  4. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I hope we'll still talk, my good friend..

(Possibly a bit too dramatic gif)
    [​IMG]

A lot of people are not gonna know what an amazing person they've missed out on.

5. .ax

.ax idk Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Good luck with your future Dakte! read the whole thing btw, plz teach me how 2 write, senpai

6. F7are

F7are Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Damn. You were the one accepting 99% of all the reports before you went inactive. I haven't talked to you much as a friend, but I'm sure you were one hell of a friend, and I'll surely miss you as an example of motivation.

What am I saying, I'm sure you still are and will stay one hell of a friend to people out there.

7. Buddha

Buddha Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    i acctually felt this. We don't ever talk and we're not even good friends, but i'll miss you ;n;

as an official goodbye, i'd like to say guleböj and jag er sluten. that's all norweigan i know

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  8. Cellah

Cellah Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'm so glad I know you in real life, outside of TF2 and the internet. Sad to see you go, even though I've known it for a while.

<3

9. Pruu

Pruu Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Gonna have to go back actually read now because I felt guilty for TL'DR'ing...

After some time...

People come people go, it's one thing to repeat words but another to mean them.

As for owing us something, I think we kind of owe you something in return for someone who could actually administrate without having drama surround an action at every angle - there's only a few admins in that category, even less now.

Forget or remember us, the most important thing is that you're doing what's best for you, I think you've given enough here.

Ciao.

TL;DR: Read above. B)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  10. Pointy

Pointy Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Good luck with your future Dakte. Never really got to met you, but from what I have heard you were extremely good at what you did.
    Read the whole thing btw <3

As I said, good luck
    Pointy

11. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You were a great person, when I tried to caber you sniped me. It was fun getting to know you on orange and sometimes Dustbowl/2fort? Thus, I wish you luck in your next things in life.

12. Pride

Pride Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'll say like Buddha did; I didn't talk to you a lot or know you very well at all, but I know you've been great for the community and you gained my respect. I wish you the best of luck, and have fun making a backup of all that! ;p

13. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Wishing you the best, my friend.

14. Petrov

Petrov Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Another good player (and admin, of course) goes.
    We met only sometimes in game, it was really hard rocketjump you on battlements in 2fort and i think i still have a 'bit of your bullets between my theet,
    Wish you the best Dakte, good luck!

15. SneeKeRsS

SneeKeRsS Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Wish you the best!
    Good Bye mate.

16. HQGroup

HQGroup Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Nooouuu Waaaii :(

After all these years I hoped that this day wont come...

There is pretty much nothing I can do to keep u here.
    So I wish you Best of Luck in future Dakte :)

Good Bye! :(

17. Namaco

Namaco Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Wishing you best, buddy.

18. Damiensdk

Damiensdk Banned

Cya later, dork.

19. Toxic

Toxic Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    we are gonna miss u.

20. chickpoint

chickpoint Awesome Member Legacy Management Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Sorry to see you go, just as the many others that went before you. I know we didn't have talked that much but still got a memory of you stuck in my head as a nice person. I hope you will find new ways to have fun around even if it is not in this community or in TF2, but I will be excited to see you around here sometimes.

Take care for now, and see you around!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.