Declined VIP command rules

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by jackboy61, Dec 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackboy61

jackboy61 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    To put it simply, when you look at the rules section on the forum there is no information about donator features. And what I mean by information is things like what you are and are not allowed to do. One of the better examples is /resizeme. A Lot of admins say "no resizing in the middle of combat" Well that is fair enough, but how are new donator meant to know that? I feel like some rules about VIP commands would be very much appreciated. Sure, a lot of it is obvious if you use common sense but it would still be nice to finally know what VIPs aren't allowed to do. This would also help when admins get reports of "VIP abuse". it would let the admins know if what someone is doing IS abuse or not.

Thanks in advance
    -Jordan
    A.K.A: Jackboy61

2. DaJeroen

DaJeroen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Good point, I agree. Would be nice to have some rules about this!

3. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You cannot abuse resizeme at all, do not worry about it.
    You cannot abuse any donator commands as far as I am aware so why should there be rules?

4. .ax

.ax idk Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Why has no one thought of this before? Best idea ever.

+1

5. jackboy61

jackboy61 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well it thought that as well, especially when I pmed downy/donwie (the one that has the blue name, can never remember who is who) and they said you can do whatever with resize me. But recently some admins have said "no resizing mid combat"

6. cetru

cetru Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Despite the "you can't abuse VIP commands" fact, some people constantly complain about VIPs being medics and healing others while in small size or, as Jack said, resizing in the middle of a "fight".
    I agree with the usual statement: "if you paid for those features, you can't abuse them, you have the right to use 'em however you want to" (not going against the present rules ofc). But still, not few players complain about that. And admins too, probably. So, maybe, some new rules could be added in order to solve that problem; if everyone agrees with them, obviously.

7. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Sorry, but you're wrong, you can actually abuse with the resizeme stuff.
    Make yourself tiny, run arround, hide somewhere, the engi doesnt see you, ofc he thinks he's save, position behind him, resize to normal > backstab
    You can.

the "they paid for it"-argument is imo ..meh
    I also applied for my admin powers, can I abuse?

8. DaJeroen

DaJeroen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Yes you can. You can shoot into the enemy spawn when being small, through the wall. I'm not going to say how, but abuse is possible.

9. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I can confirm this.

I should also mention that n0:name himself said that resizing during battle is prohibited.
    So your argument about "donators can't abuse what they paid for" doesn't apply.

10. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Downy said you cannot abuse it, as in, it cannot be abused, donors can use however they like.
    As jerone said, "no abusing map glitches"

11. Starfish

Starfish Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I've never thought this was too big of a deal in general.
    People paid for those features, so it's only natural for them to enjoy and use them.
    Even the resizing in battle doesn't bother me personally, so I don't see any reason to make rules about it.

12. jackboy61

jackboy61 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Maybe we should make some new rules. But I feel like the rules should not be too strict. For example, don't have rules like "no fighting while tiny" or "no air blasting while tiny" because you can only change size on fun servers. So making rules like that would be sort of pointless. However rules like "no resizing mid fight" And "no map glitching" Should certainly be added.

Off topic (Sort of, not really): Just as a side note, I may actually make a new suggestion for this, When you size down you deal less damage. I think this should apply to scaling up. Or, if not damage maybe health? it wouldn't be op really, Sure some weapons might deal ludicrous damage but when large a lot of areas are blocked off to you. And you are a huge target for every other class to wail on. Implementing this could prove fun both for the giant and the other players. The giant gets to feel like a giant bot out of mvm while the normal players get a nice challenge that isn't too difficult. but hey, that's another topic entirely.

13. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It might sound hard, but downy can be wrong sometimes

14. Applejack

Applejack Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    If we're talking about trade, who cares? Its a trade map. If people get upset about being killed by a small VIP player then they should go to another non-trade server where combat is the primary function. If we add rules to the VIP benefits, a lot of players would lose interest, since there would be more and more rules added due to people not being able to handle dying in a game, and then there isn't a point in donating anymore, save the whole "I wanna help the community" and other such cyber political BS.

15. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Oh shit, isnt this the exact thing that tons of admins moaned about in the shoutbox?

16. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ik, I have also asked n0name to confirm this, however has not replied back yet.

"[FoG] n0:name: Originally I said that yes, but rethinking about it - it doesn't matter on trade/ach
    [FoG] n0:name: If we gave out OP weapons earlier
    "

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  17. Bunnie_Lord

Bunnie_Lord Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Problem with resizing: It's on non-serious combat servers, which I take as "abuse" the stuff as much as you like because combat isn't the primary function of the server/map. Yes, you can use resizing to your advantage, but if you go to a trade server to fight seriously and not dick around, you are (in my eyes) retarded. On achievement/idle it might be more of a problem because this map gives combat a greater priority, so maybe, just maybe, do a maximum resize from 50% size to 200% size. That should be all, no limits on the amounts of resizes or rules like no resizing mid-combat (because you can't control that unless you actually see it happening).

While I'm at it, the donator freeze command can be "abused" as well, by hanging mid-air above a sentry nest and just spamming rockets at it. Or just obstructing the enemy team by freezing yourself and making yourself tiny.
    Robot can be abused on Jailbreak because they don't have a crouching animation/position, which makes it impossible to do FRLR, and as warden, you apparently can't "Limit VIP features" and they can be robot if they want.
    The bumpercars are OP, especially when used in combination with the Friendly plugin (Yes, I know, thank Valve for that), however, people will still complain.) Although Mario_Kart is great for riding carts, it's kinda sad only those one or two VIPs who play there at the same time can go karting.
    I saw a suggestion for ColorMe to be made available to VIP's as well. Great, now as a red, you can make yourself blue and try and trick people in not shooting you "Because you look alike". People will whine, because "ABOOSE!!! Z0MG BAN NAO PL0X!!1 <Insert Lenny here>"

Taking everything into consideration, I think people should stop whining and go to Saigns or something if they want to face a pay-to-win community. If rules have to be made to keep those players that complain, I think we're better off without them.

18. jackboy61

jackboy61 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Even if we do have it as no rules, we should still have it on the rules page or somewhere. Just have something that says "You can do anything with vip commands" So that there isn't confusion. All I really want is a definitive answer of what is and is not allowed because so far there has been nothing to say what you can and cannot do.

19. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Summoning @Downy@Downy to add a new thread with "rules".
    Actually, you can't really abuse it (yes, I know I have said otherwise earlier, but we gave out OP weapons too.. so yea).

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  20. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.