Rejected Ban Appeal - Colormatic

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by Colormatic, Dec 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colormatic

Colormatic Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ban Appeal
    SteamRep Block
    | steamname: Colormatic
    | steam3ID: [U:1:97645161]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:48822580
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198057910889
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198057910889
    What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    Colormatic
    When did it happen?
    I was playing sniper on 2fort. This guy, i think his name was TerrorMachine, he was scout. He said i was using aimbot. He called me out three times because I killed him. Two with the SMG and one with a midair headshot. After that i got banned.
    What's the specified reason?
    Aimbot
    Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    I wasn't using aimbot, never have. I don't have a single VAC ban on my account. I suspect that the only reason that i got banned, is because that kid said i was hacking, which I wasn't. And the admin didn't care to check if I WAS hacking, and banned me because he believed him.

2. Namaco

Namaco Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    ....sure...
    [​IMG]

3. Starfish

Starfish Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    That does not prove anything.
    6 headshots in 5 minutes, there's nothing wrong with that.

4. Applejack

Applejack Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You may be able to get past vac with some premium hacks, but you cant hide it from a human observer. They didnt mention that part in the features section, did they.

5. Namaco

Namaco Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  6. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Just gonna call out that we dont blindly ban people when they callout "Playerx is aimbotting"

7. Applejack

Applejack Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I didnt just ban you because of the players reaction. I spectated you as a result of the accusation.

8. Dakte

Dakte Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Now I'm just gonna call you out on that right now, if it's obvious the person in question is hacking there is absolutely no reason for any of us to "take proof", although I'll admit it would make some cases a bit simpler. However, do you have any idea the amount of "proof" will have to take over time?
    I weren't there personally but I know Apple wouldn't ban anyone without legitimate reason.
    Applejack is a more than average experienced player, particularily when it comes to sniping.

9. Colormatic

Colormatic Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    What made you think i was hacking then? Tell me, spefically, what kill was it that looked suspicious? The last kill i got before i got banned was a very lucky airshot on the scout, and i can understand if i looked fishy, but i assure you I'm not hacking. I wasn't hacking and i don't know what you saw that looked like aimbot. Whatever it was, it was just a normal kill.

I thought you banned me just because of the accusations because that was the only reason i could find for banning me. If you did spectate me you would see that i wasn't hacking.

My kill feed is NOT proof that I'm hacking.

10. Starfish

Starfish Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I only said Taco's screenshot does not prove anything.
    Don't go full Rambo on me about how Apple can be trusted, I don't doubt the judgement of 2fort admins.

11. Applejack

Applejack Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The use of a hitbox aimbot. Yknow? the one where you get a headshot when your cursor meets their hitbox, be it their foot or leg. You shot a scout in the waist and got a headshot. And, no bullet spread on the SMG and scattergun. Quite an array. People notice these things, you wont be able to hide them.

12. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Given Applejack's reply above, this is the given scenario:

Applejack witnessed you first hand shooting ballistic weapons without any spread and headshots while your cursor was aiming anywhere but the head.
    You on the other hand claim that there is no proof

Given that AJ is a veteran player (and plays sniper very much)I have a hard time to imagine you'd be banned for a misconception.

Your killfeed may not be valid proof to ban you with but I dare say an admin literally witnessing a player performing your shots first-hand is.

13. Dakte

Dakte Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hardly "Rambo". I thought you ment evidence (such as demos) in general, as it isn't something we usually take every time we ban someone.

14. Colormatic

Colormatic Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You know that the reason i looked like a waist shot could be because of lag, right? Also when spectating there is always a bit of lag anyway. You can't just assume that it was a hack just from ONE kill. That one ''waist shot'' is the only kill i can think of in that session that could possibly look like a hack. All the other kills were completely normal, and is you say otherwise you need to check your eyes.

There were only three SMG kills in that whole session. Two of them i remember clearly were really close to the target, making it easier to hit with more bullets.

I don't even know what to say anymore. What you're saying just simply isn't true.

What am I even suppose to do? I get banned for no reason, and there's nothing I can do about it because all the admins decide to believe the guy who banned me. Is this how you run everything in this forum? Do you all just ban people because of a couple of kills that ANY skilled player could have pulled off easily? You did a mistake. You thought you saw a hacker, but you didn't. I never used hacks, although i don't think saying that will do much, since you don't believe anything i say. Why would I, a player with 500+ hours in TF2, with a decently expensive backpack, decide to risk my steam account by hacking?

I don't think you will unban me, but if you do, PLEASE spectate me. I never hacked in the first place, and if you give me a chance to proove myself you will see that that's the truth. If you spectate me again and still think I'm hacking, then i don't know what's wrong with you. If I really was a hacker, I wouldn't be here, trying to convince you that i didn't hack. If I was a hacker, I would just find another server to grief on. I wouldn't go through al this trouble to get back on a server, just to get banned again.

15. Applejack

Applejack Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    So you can turn it off? Yeah, not likely.

16. Colormatic

Colormatic Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Did you even read anything I said? You made a MISTAKE. You banned me for no reason. I never hacked and you banned me solely for one single shot that looked like aimbot because of lag. How can you even call yourself an admin? You banned someone permanently for a SINGLE kill. Was that all the evidence you needed to be 100 % sure I was hacking? If this is how you handle all situatons with hacking accusations, then you shouldn't be an admin if you ask me.

You are stubborn and won't face the fact that you made a mistake. Even though people say you are skilled with these kinds of situations, I'm having a hard time believing it. A ''more than average'' experienced player would know that what I did was not hacking, and wouldn't conclude with that i was hacking without more evidence.

Tell me something, what is the point of the ''Protest a Ban'' function? It obviously doesn't seem to be very effective. Even though i got banned for no reason and protested about it, you just simply don't believe me. What am I (and other people in my situation) suppose to do??

17. Downie

Downie CEO of Downcorp Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    When did he say he banned you for a single shot?

18. Colormatic

Colormatic Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You're right, he said that I also used SMG and Scattergun hacks. I really don't see how 3 close quarter SMG kills is proof that I hacked. According to him, he started spectating me as soon as someone called me out for hacking. The first half of the session I played as scout and then I changed to sniper. Nobody had called me out before after I changed to sniper and got a few kills. If what what he said was true he wouldn't know how i played as scout since he didn't spectate me at that point. Of course there is the possibility that he randomly happened to be spectating me anyway. So lets say he did, what was it that looked like hacking? I know for a fact that I wasn't close to hitting every target. I was playing very casually. I get more engaged in trying to be good when I play sniper.

Since other admins think my kill feed somehow counts as proof that I hacked, I'm gonna use your tactic against you. I played for about 12 minutes as scout. In that whole time I got 13 kills and 5 deaths. Thats a K/D of 2,6. Having a K/D that's over 2 is pretty normal for average players in a casual game like TF2. Is it that surprising that I, a player who has 65+ hours as scout on his account, played like I did?

Him and I both know that the only reason he banned me was because of that one midair headshot. There is now way that there was anything else in that session that could have possibly been mistaken as hacking. The kill I got was out of sheer luck. I can understand how it looked suspicious, but what Applejack did was not rational. He didn't bother to spectate me more to see if anything else suspicious happened. To me it seems like he is trying make up reasons to hide the truth. The truth, that he didn't hesitate and banned me because of just one suspicious kill.

He said that what he saw was a headshot to the waist. There are two possible reasons for this: 1. It looked like I didn't hit the head because of lag. 2. I did use hacks. Now lets brake this scene down. I had just come out of spawn and looked out on the map from an elevated location. The scout jumped from the roof of the bridge straight at me. He was jumping directly towards me, making it harder for me to miss horizontally. He jumped, then double jumped. He was moving up and down at a great speed. If you spectate this there is no guarantee that the spectator cam will keep up with the players aim when everthing was happening so fast. Connection lag or spectator lag could have caused it to look like i hit higher or lower than i actually did. Everything happened so fast in that moment and it was only lucky that i got the kill.

Applejack should have considered the other possibilities, rather than just assuming it was hacks without further thought. The fact that I almost did nothing that whole session that looked like hacks, and still got banned is not fear. Applejack, if you're reading this, in the future when you are about to ban someone because of a hackusation, please take more time to consider that player and don't ban him/her before you are 100 % sure that he/she is using hacks.

If I don't get unbanned, I don't really care. The only reason I started this in the first place was because I know I didn't hack and I didn't want there to be a ban on my imaginary gaming record. Applejack isn't making a good example of the admins on this forum, but since he's apperantly only a junior admin, i choose to believe that this was a rare incident and I hope I won't get banned again without legitimate reason.

Believe whatever you wan't. I never hacked and never will, and that's the truth. Goodbye

19. Colormatic

Colormatic Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Sorry for my bad English. This was a very long post and English isn't my mother tongue.

20. Applejack

Applejack Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    If you don't really care, then don't waste our time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.