Declined VIP forum features!

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by jackboy61, Oct 15, 2014.

?

Should these features be added?

1. Yes, they should all be added

14.3%
  2. Yes, some should be added

42.9%
  3. No These should not be added

42.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pruu

Pruu Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Yeah that's also a problem, what's status if no-one is here to witness it?

2. Pointy

Pointy Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Make the people with the rank feel good about themselves.

3. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well overall you're practically saying I can't have a name color to be recognized as a donator.

I will admit, it's a little "meh" feeling and shouldn't take long to do something about.

But I've said what I wanted to, so good luck to you discussion.

4. Downie

Downie CEO of Downcorp Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'm wondering where all the interest about colors comes from.

I mean, why would you want a special color if you are admin and vip. Then you could just change the whole admin color since most of the admins are vip as well.

5. Pointy

Pointy Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Maybe the fact Ninja just got a new colour and well, the forum has tons of colours.

[​IMG]

6. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Donator isn't really a "rank", it's more of a title than anything. Also "I want to feel good about myself by getting a special colour on the forums" isn't that good of an excuse.

There would be nothing to offer VIPs on the forum because the forums aren't exactly active and currently theres only like 5 non-admin VIPs who hang around the forums, so it would just be a waste of time to make you feel a little bit special.

I got a new colour because I'm a trade sub-section moderator, I didn't ask for it, n0name gave me one.

7. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ok, to close this off. You are basicly wanting a color so that you can feel special, i am a donator myself yet i feel no need to be any more speical than i already am.

You have no reason behind it, nothing to back it up with. Done, case closed and there is not reason for a forum donator color. Not worth the trouble, because after this you want more, like a special forum power or something. It wont work, and it wont do any good. A donator forum section is for... What? For chatting?

8. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Actually, Darkregen...

A big reason many donators buy said donator title and even the infamous donator weapons is just for that: a rewarding way to display and show off. If that was "no reason" then you might as well remove the donator system overall; since the majority of donations are keys and I doubt you can maintenance servers on keys only.
    So yes, many donators do want to feel special and if you take that away from them, you basically eliminate a big treat in the whole thing.

To quote @Applejack@Applejack:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  9. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Yeah, but Pruu got his, so what? 99% of donators dont even visit the forums, and i bet it'll be a pain in the ass since n0:lazy needs to check every guy who joins if the guys a donator, i myself would hate to do that. So is it worth all the trouble? Ye.. No, no its not.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  10. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    That's not an excuse, Dark.

It is not a difficult task (I've done a fair share of programming) and it would not be a difficult task.
    As I proposed; perma donators is a one-time occupation. Pain in the ass? Hardly.
    Worth the trouble? Donating, you shouldn't be met with "It's a pain in the ass so deal with it".

The fact that Pruu is the lone wolf with it is a blatant contradiction of facts as well.
    Even if "a lot of people don't visit the forums" it doesn't mean you shouldn't give out the same reward to everyone.

It'd be like "Only Downy gets to resize, nobody else probably wants to so let's not bother implementing the ability to them".

11. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    But it's a fucking color, nothing more. A color. It's without reason to get all "oh we need this so we can be different", its like crying over a button missing on your jacket that you didnt even need. I understand that people goes all "oh but i payed for it so im special and shit" Because when you waste a couple of bucks on a thing that is for fun, and helping. People get all salty about it, so i'll use another example. You get mad over that you just gave some homeless fellow five bucks, when you did it to help the fella, why get salty over a simple thing that doesnt do anything special.

12. Pruu

Pruu Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Keeping civilized here, I didn't ask for the colour and I certainly wasn't aware I'd get it on the forums, dark has a point - we're talking about a tried, tested and failed experiment.

As interesting as all this is, there's just simply not enough to hold up this kind of argument.

You donate to keep the servers running and get a few features, but you certainly under and circumstances do not 'deserve' anything; I don't go waving a flag screaming about how I want this and that because I donated... no, I keep it head-forward and for the community and you should do the same... yes you can argue that this is technically for the community, but it's more centered around personal gain for donators.

My verdict for OP would be no, the threads/forum should be open and transparent to all who visit (bar the admin section which is hidden for justified reasons).

13. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Since I prefer being civilized as well, I will.

Surely it may seem trivial to you, but it doesn't change the fact - the thread alone is proof that there is a demand and supply for donators to be recognized on the forums.

As for Dark's post, it is hard to reply on because I am not sure why you're comparing charity to a homeless man to a virtual name color.
    I'd assume if you give a homeless guy money, you were doing it fully intentionally, knowing you'd get nothing in return but his gratitude.

I personally won't be angry or sad if it gets rejected, but the point is made: There is a demand for it, and the supply exists. After all, I was not the one to create the thread.
    I still think that it'd be a nice thing to reward perma-donators with. It could even attract more people to come to the forums.

14. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The idea behind the homeless guy acronym was that they shouldn't be donating to get a reward, but out of the kindness of their heart. When I was a regular on another server I donated £100+ worth of stuff and never really asked for anything in return apart from a thanks from those it affects, asking for tags is selfish, donators don't deserve a single thing for donating, so anything they do get shouldn't be taken for granted as it is a gift.

15. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ah, in that sense.

Don't worry Taco, as I said earlier I don't care much if it gets implemented or not - it's just a name color.
    I think the topic regarding forum name color has reached a close - anything else to be discussed or else I propose a closure to the thread.

16. Pride

Pride Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I definitely agree with Ninja Otter and Pruu here.

It's called donating for a reason. Donating equals giving something for a good cause (in our case, the servers and such). If you donated something somewhere else, you wouldn't really expect something back, would you? It's basically like donating blood and then wanting a brand new car just because you decided to donate.
    This system isn't really called "buying VIP/donator status" because that would be a completely other thing.
    It's not that hard to check what benefits and features that come with being a VIP/donator, and it'd be wise of people to actually look at the list before donating and then complaining about not having something that wasn't featured in the list of benefits in the first place.

I don't think adding a new colour(s) is worth it, seeing how most donators aren't even active on the forums as someone else stated in their post.

Edit: The idea about another shoutbox for admins and VIPs.. What would this be good for? Dividing the community even more? It's a pretty pointless idea which serves no purpose really. That's my opinion though.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  17. jackboy61

jackboy61 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The colored name could help promote donations, sort of like a "hey, donators get a color for thier name... You should donate." I personally donated Because I love the servers, When I made my payment I had no idea you got special things Until after I had donated to the bot, after that I saw the donations section had a look and I realized I actually got shit from it. So any comments about donatione being about donating are valid sure, But I just want to make it clear that I am not saying "I want a color because I gave u money" Not even slightly, I Think it would just encourage more people to donate.

18. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Gonna admit, I'm surprised that such a long thread is one that has been discussing with legit arguments from both sides.
    You guys are getting a bit more awesome than you already are.

We can conclude that there's no real "need" for implementing further features for donators for the current time being.

19. DaJeroen

DaJeroen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I would love to have a VIP tag here :D!

20. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    With the amount of VIPs we currently have on the forums, this is just a waste of time implementing.
    Maybe one day when we got a lot more members (and VIPs) active here, I might reconsider it, but for now, it's a nope.

Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.