What will you do now and how are you?

Discussion in 'General' started by Duchess, Nov 6, 2018.

?

UNNECESSARY POLL?

1. Definitely

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. Possibly

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duchess

Duchess Femme's bossy Sugar Lady Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    With FoG closed down, a lot of us have had a bit of a hard time finding a place to be and figuring out what to do with all of the open time we have. Personally after n0:name posted that FoG was ending, I was scared to get on (to be put more intimate: I absolutely hate goodbyes) and my activity went from every day to once a week until the last couple of days.

Now I have a lot of time, I'm finding myself getting more into games I wouldn't have played, other servers that are similar to what FoG was, but I still miss the actual FoG system and the servers that I love. I'm finding more time to stream, more time to get mad at games that aren't surfing and it's proving to be pretty crazy.

A lot of you know I came from a very tight Garry's Mod Murder server where a lot of my friends helped run it, and after that fell out (after about 3 years) I found FoG. Honestly, I never thought I'd have such an absurd amount of friendships that magically happened. My friends list grew like 3x more than what it actually was and I loved it because I was just this silly American that found an EU surf server even though I didn't know a damn thing about it aside from like the 3 hours I had on Gmod surf. But I stuck around, and I think it was when I had like 9 days in that I decided I wanted to apply for admin.

Little did I know a giant group of huge nerds would become most of my best friends.

So yeah, I'm sad. And I wanted to ask you guys what you plan to do and how you are with everything.

2. Spoke

Spoke Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'm getting into left 4 dead 2, community is small and dedicated and i often see familliar names in pubs. When it comes to tf2, harpoon seems promising. I heard that they're planning on launching an ach apg server so i will play there once it's up.

3. Maestro

Maestro Obnoxious shitkid Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Kind of adding to what Spoke said, Harpoon is going to set up an identical trade_rawr, so that's where I'm staying along with other fog members and ex admins.

4. staneo

staneo that guy Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Been starting to play more games ((mainly playing WoW, lvling a troll feral druid as I am currently lvl 108, Destiny 2 and some monopoly ripoff game that my friends keep wanting to play)) other than just CSGO to help focus on other stuff than the closing of FoG, waiting for the owner of Harpoon Gaming to make the arena server public so I can get back to administrating again. :)

Also been playing L4D2, I have been trying to speedrun all the campaigns as fast as possible, since ive finished all the campaigns on expert, speedrunning is another experience which I recommend to try. :)

5. Wish For Wings

Wish For Wings Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Marce_ rented his own server which i've been playing on most of the time and i have been doing some left 4 dead 2 every now and then aswell.

6. Svarten

Svarten Maximal Effort Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Aye you were pretty fun, anyways I'm just focusing on studies and shit and I also started to play shit ton of League of Legends.

bla bla bla hope you all are doing fine.

7. Lunar

Lunar Moon Walker Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I hate to admit it, i've been just wandering around and drinking because i hit an all new low in life before and during all this stuff but enough of that, i'm trying to hang out on Krazy's community and at any random ones trying to find my peeps or meet some new ones while i'm trying to get through all this shit going on in my life.

Things have been pretty lonely gonna be honest and nothing really seems exciting anywhere else so i guess i'll stick to wandering and playing other games until i figure something out.

8. Drago

Drago Member

Asshole signing in - not like anyone here would care about my opinion, anyway.
    It is weird, with harpoon's servers mostly consisting of the same lowgrav + generic trade map trash, I couldn't get myself to play TF2.
    It's been some time since I had the freedom to choose what I want to do, albeit terrifying because it gets to show how little control I have over my life, if all it needs to derail it is one dedicated gameserver shutting down.
    Would be fun having an OG admin gathering on a rando server some time, just for old times sake.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. ☣ Mario

☣ Mario Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    imma just stick to some CS PUBG, and some tf2.

all the classics
    Blog Poster.jpg

10. Matt Ramses

Matt Ramses Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ima kms

11. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Deleted the FoG Forum bookmark, changed my email here and started to focus on actually achieving something in life. Finish uni, get a job, all that fun shit.
    Last post btw 2118 shitposts will do

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Maestro

Maestro Obnoxious shitkid Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  13. DavisLF3

DavisLF3 Not a weeb, just retarded. Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Joining Hardspoon too

14. Snake

Snake Snake? Snake?! SNAAAAAAAAAAKE?!?!?!? Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Honestly, I am going to quit playing tf2. Gonna spend some times playing other games like dead by daylight, the forest, gang beasts and rocket league. Took a year off school so I could work so will also try and focuss on that. Perhaps I'll join tf2 to play with friends but won't be returning full-time anytime soon.

Don’t feel like other tf2 communities will be as good as this one + don’t want to start all over again. I never played casual anyway so I decided to sell my inventory and buy other games of it. Though I am pumped for that admin gathering. Sign me in chief. Of course it should be the best gamemode to ever exist; Jailbreak.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  15. festive ramen

festive ramen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Getting into csgo recently, maybe do xG over their and get known on cs

16. Koga73

Koga73 kill @all Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Mapmaking (as usual), and minigames mostly. Just started my own server so i have a place to test my maps.
    Other than that, i also started playing other games, rarely surf anymore. Tried surf heaven, but it's not the same, and i don't feel like starting all over.

17. TheBluekr

TheBluekr Creator of ClOS Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Meanwhile still developing VSH(2) ever since I quit, so nothing truly changes here except for not being on a server in general.

18. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    movie nights all the way wtf

19. SoulStar

SoulStar Dragon Slayer Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I used my time here to better myself. Now I am focusing on more important things like education, employment (super cool life stuff). F-o-G was my first community I've been part of, and possibly not my last. I do find myself shying away from TF2 more since F-o-G's shutdown but now I'm playing more games and having fun.
    I'm moving on and striving to do better as I go.

Wow aren't I just awesome... Naa who cares.
    It's all memes and dreams, kiddos. Cya around! ;)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  20. At least I can bhop

At least I can bhop Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    No wonder I haven't been able to find any F-o-g servers recently.
    Feelsreallybadman knowing that I won't be able to talk to a lot of you guys anymore. It's been great though, had a bunch of great times with y'all. Hopefully I will meet you all, if not, at least some of you at some point. I wanna say some more, but I'm fairly at a lack of words atm, so yeah.
    Might just follow @Matt Ramses@Matt Ramses and kms, but we'll see.
    -Indy
    Signing out, peace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.