What was YOUR First Experience?

Discussion in 'General' started by Münsterkatt サム, May 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curry Pyro

Curry Pyro Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    When I read the title I thought you meant the first time we had sex.

2. Downy

Downy Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Insert 'never, in your case' joke here.

3. xxsam

xxsam Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Pretty much the same for me. I remember being victim of admin abuse from soldierkid3 (at least, I think that was his account name) on Mario Kart. That led to me getting admin and he was banned some time later.

4. Curry Pyro

Curry Pyro Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    uwot

5. SynchronizedMurders [FoG]

SynchronizedMurders [FoG] Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  6. chickpoint

chickpoint Awesome Member Legacy Management Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    And not to forget the micspam from DJ Pon-3 :p

7. Wandolf

Wandolf Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I was with a group called CMCCH, the group was awesome, I met tons of cool people of which you know Rainbow Dash and Damiensdk. Anyway, the group fell apart so I followed RD and Damien here.
    After a while CMCCH got back but and that's why I left FoG for a while, now CMCCH is basically almost dead, so now I'm here. (Also, I got here cause of RD's Heavy Duty Rag unusual giveaway that was done a while ago)

R.I.P. CMCCH

8. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Can't really comment how I personally got here (obviously), but I can explain how I came to the creation of FoG:

It all started back in 2008 when a friend of mine introduced me into CS: S (which happened to be alive back then), and I somehow liked it.
    Kept playing on a few ZM (Zombiemod)/SurfDM Servers until Autumn 2009, where me and some friends decided to start our own Clan, together with a back-then good fellow of mine.

I can't really remember the name, but it was "Toxic of Viper" or so. After 2 months, this previously good fellow of mine changed a lot (to the negative) so we decided to kick him out and re-name the Clan.
    This again worked for about 6 Months, after that my IRL Friends left the Management position (they didn't really care about the Clan anymore), so I managed it myself. Fast-forward a few months, they gained interest again and started a new clan - "extasY Gam!ng".

Once again, this was, apart from some fights with another clan, running good for 9 Months until 2 of our Managers decided to go full retard - shutdown again. Yet another try was started, but this failed again after 2 Months - this time because I grew sick of CS: S (may 2011) and started playing TF2 more and more.

So, Punisher and I thought - why not make a TF2 only Community? A few days later, FoG v.1 was born, which, supported by the high player influx of the F2P Update was running pretty good until Christmas - when a guy named "Prototype", whom we trusted a lot back then, started to do a lot of shit - biggest deleting our entire forums. But, not only that, Punisher started to abuse commands/disrespect community members/admins a lot, and hell lot of shitstorms started (even more than nowadays, and more serious ones) and about half of our core-team left.

About the same time, Mysthic and Backtrack joined in, and we got some new Servers. Fast-forward again, after trying to run the Community together with Punisher for a few more months, and yet another forum incident - Speedy deleted 80% of all Topics/Punisher perma'd himself, I have decided to throw that thing away .. once again.. which was April 1, 2012.

Since Punisher behave like a complete retard in the old FoG, Mysthic, Backtrack and I decided to start another try - without Punisher and therefore without his Servers - "Fanatix" was born. (Almost, I am pretty sure I forgot someone) joined back and it was community-wise running good.
    The only problem: the Servers were mostly completly dead/barely alive (back when Trade barely got over 12 Players), same as the forums.

During the time of FoG v.1, a good fellow of mine (still good fellow), started his own Community - "extreme-network", which was gaining popularity quite fast. As it has to come, Mysthic and Backtrack decided to no longer sit in a somewhat dead Community and therefore moved over.

Mysthic then made me several offers to merge into ENW, which I first declined - but after some serious rethinking, I have decided but to merge into ENW - I became TF2 Section Admin, together with the Cyan Downfag. Again, all of our Admins had to move over.
    This time, it ran pretty good (Trade was gaining popularity fast, Downy's VSH too and I setup more TF2 Servers on my own dedicated box). And yet, after one month, the Community died once again, again because the Managers weren't able to communicate properly and the fellow I talked earlier about, didn't do shit.

What to do now? Since I finally had enough of Clans/Communites with multiple Managers (and their fast failure), I decided to re-active FoG and manage everything alone.

And, after some small-medium shitstorms, here we are.

This is the shortest I could go without missing out important facts. If I still missed something important in the FoG v1./Fanatix/ENW Time, please reply.
    Wow, Text got long.. but oh well.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Münsterkatt サム

Münsterkatt サム Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    This seems to happen a lot to people who start servers, I've seen it quite often, being starting a group with friends, friends leaving, group falls apart, rinse, and repeat. I guess it seems like a fact of life. You lose friends in processes like this, but heck, what do Iknow? I'm only 15. I still have 50-60 more years to go.

10. chickpoint

chickpoint Awesome Member Legacy Management Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Nice to see the complete history. Also I have been here longer than I thought... I remembered for some reason 2012 but I do remember Prototype and the vanishing of the forum, so it must be longer then. I also remember my donations to keep GameME stats alive (since I liked the competitive element) until our community grew bigger. Good ol' times :)

Btw TL;DR in another fashion. Too Long Did Read

11. cheatnow

cheatnow The desert fox Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    wow... Thanks for refreshing my memories n0;name
    I have been here longer then I thoguht.
    Lets hope you broke the cycle of death around the communities you joined/made

12. Doktor kengineer

Doktor kengineer Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I joined a way while back during the original FoG when Prototype was around before the whole shit-storm occurred resulting in the deletion of the forum entirely; Vsh was pretty much all I played minus occasional Orange x3. Then after the collapse of FoG (Which I missed due to being away at the time) I joined Fanatix, 'ENW' and later the current FoG.

All of them I mostly played Vsh before somewhat getting loathsome of TF2 and the horrendous Framerate I had been getting, that was before that whole issue involving my computer breaking, GTA:O coming out and something recently involving Tim Allen, TF2 corruptions and naked player models.

So essentially, quite a long time of playing a single game mode over the time-span of a few years or so, and I still cannot aim for shit as Sniper.

13. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I joined cause I met n0:name awhile back in the KritzKast chatroom and stuff and we became friends. Then joined cause I got bored of KK and stoof :3

14. Fin

Fin Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I actually tought that the FoG had been on for like 2 or 3 years before I joined. Apparently I was wrong.

If I remember correctly, I played on Ach/Idle before 2013, there I just assumed the use of tag FoG and after that I stopped playing. Then later I decided to check where the hell did the tag come from and here we are. No regrets tho.

15. Schwarz

Schwarz Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well i know good your aventure experience , no:name :) , you refresh really my memo

i m always alive with enw ;) enjoy your community! good time the old paste time.

16. Low Orbit Ion Cannon

Low Orbit Ion Cannon Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    thread revive.png
    First joined Jailbreak and trolled because it was late and I was bored.
    Didn't come back until about a year after, first goofed around but then kept playing.
    And then stuff happened and now I'm here.

Thanks to Starfish for the nice picture.

17. Pudgey

Pudgey Shinji did nothing wrong Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    For me i acted like an idiot as a FaN scout in 2013, then I came back March of 2015 and got involved in a massive argument after siding with Wolfeye in an argument, cant even remember what it was about, then I just did nothing but play sniper for like a year straight and now im here.

18. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Chale, how was it a necro when the last post was three days ago.

19. Wolfeye

Wolfeye Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I had played on 2fort a few times before but i took tf2 breaks pretty much all the time.

It wasnt til mid 2014 when i became a regular on 2fort and met all kinds of people there. Tri,Cheeky,Roland,Dakte,Wardey and many others. I played there almost everyday during my summer break.
    I had loads of fun! Then alot of the admins resigned. But i still stayed there. Playing almost every single day. I did take visits to Trade now and then to fuck about. But 2fort was my place. I visited the forum now and then but didn't make an account.

Skip to Jan 2015 when i made a forum account and a few days later donated for VIP. Then i started visiting Trade more often and eventually became a regular there. Along with Pudge (Which i met through him siding with me in an argument i was involved in). And eventually met Chale too. All the shenanigans we had on there during 2015. Oh boy...

And here i am now. Slightly inactive on trade due to school. But still being there as much as i can. This community is one im really fond of. And i'm gonna stay here as long as i can.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  20. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    In turn of recent events, this thread shall now rise from the dead (aka. unlocked).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.