Declined Ban people that use ghosting

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by homie, Sep 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. homie

homie Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    This is a pretty basic request in my eyes.Their on the same level as hackers in the "no, you aren't allowed to play" category. Numerous people abuse this little trick and whenever they join you can't play on the server for the next hour or so. They'll say "it's technically not cheating lol" and i'll say why? Why is this allowed? Even if you like it when the server is unplayable or maybe you're just one of these people, explain WHY this is allowed.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. dino

dino get out of report Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    What server are you talking about?
    If you are talking about tf2custom, ghosting already isn't allowed. Otherwise idk (If you're talking about trade or csgo please develop on what it is and how it can be abused)

3. homie

homie Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    the trade server, sry for not being specific, the FREE ITEMS one lol. Every now and then one guy will just DO IT and even if theres an admin there isn't ANYTHING they can do about it. And what's worse is they call anyone that complains a salty loser and say that it's "allowed as it should be".

4. Bambi :)

Bambi :) The American Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    ghosting.PNG ghosting2.PNG
    So Judging by your lone activity on trade/idle and you talking about it in game with another admin. Your suggesting this for the trade idle servers? Anyway I don't ever see this suggestion coming to light. Admins shouldn't have to care about people spoiling your gameplay on a bloody trade server NOR should it be a problem when you are actually playing on that small and linear trade 1 map. I don't understand either how ghosting could possibly be a huge deal while your playing on trade when pretty much everyone is constantly moving around except for those engis.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  5. homie

homie Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I was talking in the trade server. People do like playing there and I don't see why we shouldn't be able to. If u know that it's bad and is cheating and it's banned on other servers then why? Why do you never see this going through? Do you just like telling people no? I can't imagine it takes too much out of an admin to take care of someone that is ruining everyone else's fun. All he has to do is put some letters in. Hackers are just as filthy and they are BANNED on that server. If you allow ghosting on that server and it doesn't matter because it's a trade server then go ahead and let hackers do their thing as well. We like that server and we are (supposed to be) allowed to play there and well.....this doesn't let us do that. And about the "how are they a problem when the map is small" argument they still use that knowledge to their advantage. Snipers know where people that are moving towards them are and where they're gonna go and where invisible spies are, yadda yadda yadda you get the point. It IS a problem. I wish I could put you in a scenario where 1 guy that WOULDN'T be killing everybody is killing everybody thanks to his little tricks to understand just how frustrating it is. Ask the people that were there yesterday if you can find them. It was horrible. The guy was called laz and he changed his name to "faggot spill dem beans". He's probably still laughing it off rn. And what could the admin do? Nothing. There were 2 ot them that day, Archaon Evangeon ( a VIP btw) and laz. One for each team and they both had a mutual agreement not to kill each other since they both realized they were doing the same thing.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  6. HeavenGuardian

HeavenGuardian Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Would just like to comment. Yes they might ruin your gameplay and the only people ghosting i have seen so far play sniper. And with them playing that class you should be eaisly able to snipe them back, or go soldier/scout to counter them if they are better then you.

7. Moo_

Moo_ me me me Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    He is talking about the "request coach" feature of TF2. You can basically request a coach (friend from your friendslist) who has the ability to fly around and point around where to "attack" or "go". This feature is kind of overpowered since the coach is able to mark invisible spys, so that the coached person can kill them.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. homie

homie Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Uhhhh...no actually. Archaon was playing solly. Also I added more things into my comment if u haven't seen.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. homie

homie Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It's also worth mentioning that not only was Archaon playing soldier but laz had 3 Vacc medics pocketing him. Yes, 3.

10. dino

dino get out of report Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hacking is literally using a 3rd-party program, and breaks valve's eula. It only makes sense to ban them. Outlawing a feature that's literally part of the game and doesn't make it literally impossible to play? No. Just get better than them, out-snipe them or get the better flank. It isn't really too much of an issue anyways, not many people do it.

also it's a trade server who gives a shit

11. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You really need to reconsider your playing choices if you complain about ghosting on a trade server..
    Denied, obviously.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.