Accepted [Server Ban] Appeal - When I was banned I called myself; "The Buttplug For TF2" in all caps.

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by Sandman Mc Geh, Sep 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sandman Mc Geh

Sandman Mc Geh Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    SteamRep block

Alternate accounts
    I do not have any alternate accounts and I don't plan on having any anytime soon.

What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    When I was banned I called myself; "The Buttplug For TF2" in all caps.

When did it happen?
    This happened just yesterday, Sept. 19th, 2018.

What's the specified reason?
    On your TF2 Highertower server US1-21 yesterday, a couple of people on the server and I were just messing around by changing our names to different things. At first it was names that were making fun of the characters from the game Undertale, mainly because of one persons name which was "sans undertale" in letters and numbers. He started making jokes in the voice chat as "sans" so a couple of us changed our names to characters from the game as well. Then after the Undertale joke was getting old, someone on the server who's name I can not remember said something along the lines of; "name yourself as your least favorite class in TF2 by only describing the class." on voice chat to everyone who was joking around. So I named myself "The Buttplug For TF2", which was poking fun at the medic since I don't like playing as him. Around like 5 minutes or less later, I changed my name again to another joke name which was:
    "Article 13 wasnt a mistake" again in all caps. Once I hit enter to confirm my new name, I saw I was banned from the server.

Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    I believe I should be unbanned because I had no idea at the time that it was a banable offence until it was too late. I was only meming around with a couple of people on the server and not "name hacking" which was what the server thought I was doing. I have read through the rules for TF2 servers now and I believe I've learn my leason and should be unbanned.
    Thank you for your help.

(btw, that hightower server is literally my favorite server out of all the community servers on TF2 because I've met so many nice and funny people there and have made a couple of actual friends on the server. When I saw I was banned it felt like a shot in the heart cause of the connection I have with the server.)

2. chickpoint

chickpoint Awesome Member Legacy Management Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hello Sandman,

I have reviewed in-game footage and some logs. It indeed seems that you got banned because you changed your name too much. This is also clearly stated in our rules, which I hoped you knew by now considering your connection time.
    I hope you understand it is less desirable behavior as it is harder to track hackers or misbehaving people on our servers. To prevent this behavior we have an autoban system in place which you fell victim to.

As this is the first ban on your name I will unban you, so you can enjoy your time on Hightower again. But before you start playing again please take a look at our rules, to prevent any issues in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.