im dying... help me

Discussion in 'School, study & work' started by Enjoyker, Sep 3, 2018.

?

thanks in advance

1. np fam

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. ye

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. Enjoyker

Enjoyker Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    so as most of you (no one) knows i started 9th grade today, which here in czech republic is the last year before gymnasium(for you americans..its something like high school), and i know most of you are older and know what its like, any tips?
    -im gonna have to do the final test to see if im eligible to go to a gymnasium
    -some shit presentations that i have 3 months to do
    -what should i study the most

2. Low Orbit Ion Cannon

Low Orbit Ion Cannon Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    1. Don't panic. With proper preparation things are easier than you think.
    2. Don't slack off. You should study everything, and you should start doing it as early as possible. If you are not familiar with learning techniques you should read up on them, they can help you a lot if you forget things quickly.
    3. The real hell starts once you're done with gymnasium.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Fox Populi

Fox Populi Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    In hungary 9th grade is the first year in highschool so its similar.

Honestly the first 1-2 years is the same as elementary,dont sweat it.Pay attention in class and you wont get a worse grade than C.
    After that you will be treated as an "grown up",the profs will be a 100% more chill.Around this time you will have to orientate somewhere be it for uni,work,whatnot and you will have to focus mostly on the extra-classes you have taken.

Now as you can guess,there two types of students:those who learn through the whole duration of highschool and those who, just a week before their finals, will replace the water with redbull in their coffee and try to cram in 5 years of learning under a week....I chose the latter version, I suggest you don't make my mistake.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Duchess

Duchess Femme's bossy Sugar Lady Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Agreeing with Fox, it's the first year of high school in America but it's definitely similar.

I actually skipped this grade so I went straight to 10th from 8th, but because of this I feel like I can give at least a bit of advice. When I skipped my first year of high school, the second year was total hell. You're thrown into an all new curriculum and you have to base an entire studying process that will kick your ass if you're not on point.

Anyway, take notes in class. Pay attention (basically what everyone else has said) and even points that seem unimportant to you should be noted as well. If you have a question, then ask. Trust me, I have social anxiety--went to a military school and my teachers were freaking terrifying but I would not have passed if I did not ask them questions.

Space out everything healthily. I cannot STRESS how important this is. Please, please do not put your school work last. If you do you will spiral and suffer and stress yourself way more than necessary and it will affect both your sleeping schedule and your grades.

It's the basic process over and over again, it just gets harder each time. Keep your mind focused and you'll be fine. Just don't get distracted, cuz trust me, that's a nightmare.

I have faith in you ♥

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. Retro

Retro Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    *Sigh*, high school, what a wonderful time that was. I feel like a grandpa right now :D Where do I even begin?
    Social experiences (the most important aspect in my humble opinion).
    You will get to know cool people, stupid people, fat people, thin people, girls that you want to date, girls that want to see you dead, boys that will turn out to be good friends, boys that want to end your life, holy shit, I am just kidding, what the fuck? You will make a lot of social experiences and may be the most important ones in your entire life, who knows? :)
    Lessons
    And yes, there was something generally known as "classes". I can't really say a lot about these, they always bored me to death. You will read a lot. You will practise even more and you will not understand everything, which is totally fine. The most important thing is that you should find out what interests you the most. The arts were always interesting to me, so I knew that I wanted to study something in this branch of study.
    Grades
    Having good grades is always a good thing. Good grades will give you the opportunity to study whatever you want. It also gives you a headstart if you decide to get to work right away, never forget that. If you ask me personally: Grades are the most useless thing in our society. A poor concept and it's executed badly.
    Work smart not hard
    Some people may disagree with me here, but it helped me an awful lot. Work smart, not hard. "What does given information mean? What can I do with it? How can I use it to get relevant facts?" Understanding the general term of logical structure will help you, even in university. Try to train this skill specifically. It will help you in the future, I promise!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. SparK.exe

SparK.exe Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    School is mega homo ngl

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.