Accepted [Server Ban] Appeal - SpLidda ツ

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by SpLidda ツ, Sep 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpLidda ツ

SpLidda ツ Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    SteamRep block

Alternate accounts
    https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198142098144/ my alternate account with which i never played on any community server i dont think, was just for smurfing.

What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    SpLidda ツ

When did it happen?
    14.55 ish 02.09.18

What's the specified reason?
    Player SpLidda
    No Demos
    Steam ID STEAM_1:0:24795980
    Steam3 ID [U:1:49591960]
    Steam Community 76561198009857688
    Invoked on 02.09.2018 14:53
    Banlength 1 mo
    Expires on 02.10.2018 14:53
    Reason Exploiting map
    Banned by Admin Seynethic
    Banned from F-o-G.eu | Surf Skill [Tier 1-3] | Timer | Store...
    Total Bans No previous bans
    Blocked (0) never

Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    Hey there,

Sooo let me explain what happened.
    A friend of mine with whom i surf every time on your servers wrote me in steam and told me to come online.
    So i got online and connected to the Tier 1-3 Server i think it was, joined spectate and watched the bot wr, kinda wondered about what the fuck was going on and saw pretty much everyone doing the exact same thing so i thought why not and went for it, thinking that either the map would get deleted from the server and fixed first, because that's in my opinion the fault of the map creator or all the 1sec records would get deleted/rolled back and everything is fine.
    The reason why i think it's the fault of the map creator is that he failed to place the checkpoints properly and only placed 2, one at the start and one at the end, so let's say someone joins the server, doesn't know the map and just goes into the "back" teleport, he then get's a 1sec time and banned afterwards for a mistake of the map creator?
    I'm complaining about the ban because that's kinda hilarious, you literally had to walk 3m and got tp'd from checkpoint 1 to 2, cause the start zone didnt include the teleport.
    If i had done something crazy to exploit something and get a no-clip bug or god knows what i wouldn't even complain. But that's just a little too much, a warning and deletion of the time i got would've been reasonable.
    A one month (!) ban for something that stupid really isn't.
    Playing on your server for couple of months, got to know a lot of people that are playing there regularly and just reached top 500 yesterday, which i was pretty hyped about because i could now join the tier 1-6 server and play some harder maps to train.

All in all, since i don't think you'd just re-roll your ban i'd like to ask if you'd reduce it from 1 month to a week or maybe a bit less if you feel like it.
    I understand that i've done something wrong but i do not think that it justifies a one month long ban.
    Next time i see a broken map i'll just !admin it and change server, i know that now, haven't put too much thought into my actions half an hour ago.

#Edit: Maybe not map creator but whoever put those checkpoints in.

2. The Acidic Ham Man

The Acidic Ham Man Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Unfortunately your ban appeal is invalid as bans under 6 months cannot be appealed. So this will be marked invalid sometime soon.

3. SpLidda ツ

SpLidda ツ Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Wait what, so i can't complain about my ban because it's "just" a one month ban? o_O
    And there's no chance because of that, that it maybe get's reduced or anything?

4. Seynethic

Seynethic DeadlyTruth Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    That's why I only invoked a ban on people who finished it at least 5times+ and got therefore the "best time".
    Because, as you most likely noticed during this little experience, you will get an invalid time if it's less than 1second. so therefore the record won't be taken into account. means everyone with an exact 1.00 seconds record was actually aware of it since they were seemingly "tryharding" to get the lowest.
    All the other records that were made by this little "bug" have only been deleted.

Anyways. seeing that you've put some effort into this I'll lower your ban to 1 week, although we actually don't even handle ban appeals lower than 6months.

So make sure to stay to what you just said and report such bugs/glitches(whatsoever) in the future. And since you have anyways some time now you could have a look at the rules as well, just to be safe in the future.

closing and moving

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.