Declined Map suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Archaon Everchosen, Aug 21, 2018.

?

Implement the new map?

1. Yes

82.6%
  2. No

17.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Archaon Everchosen

Archaon Everchosen Chaos Marks Us All Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    There is a new version of the Apg R15 that l would like to test out. The new version have some fixed things which l will post below
    Map: https://gamebanana.com/maps/163147
    • Fixed a weird optimization glitch in mansion
    • Removed all looped sounds because TF2 doesn't support them well
    • Made the music a bit more high-quality
    • Replaced triple corner -song with bloody tears
    • Fixed some other minor bugs
    Other:
    • - Map is now properly cubemapped
      - Replaced admin panel with admin house
      - Removed unnecessary detail
      - Fixed loads of bugs
      - Fixed texture aligment issues
      - Updated spawn/tp signs
      - Optimization
    l now hope that we atleast take this server version to the test!
    Archaon~

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  2. Moo_

Moo_ me me me Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Definetly a Yes from me. Map provides better fps and less spots for people to shoot into spawns.
    Also after about a year some difference would be highly appreciated from my side.

3. ztreak

ztreak Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I say yes it would make a nice new colour to the ach/idle if we keep it up to date

4. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    that spirit bomb of yes votes though

5. Spoke

Spoke Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It's annoying how most of the healthpacks are the small ones but if it has better performance then sure.

6. Dark Red

Dark Red MAH BOIS! Banned Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Optimized Version
    Anyday

7. Drago

Drago Member

I will autistically screech until this gets denied.
    REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

On a side note, while players claim to get better FPS on this map, it barely changes anything for me and a couple of other people.
    Also, while it provides increased playability (less sniper spots like the iconic CW3 spawn-gate, Bunker/Mid-room windows, Mansion) it looks and plays like SHITE.
    They almost removed every single
    healthkit and turned them into little, unimportant miniadmins twats that replenish less health and probably sanity than the therapy that I needed after my childhood. The trampoline flings you in the opposite direction, making jumps feel like trash. It overall went a step back to the age of v9, where houses get removed and we now have fountains that serve no purpose and generally just look atrocious.

BIG NONO FROM ME THANKS

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  8. Fames

Fames Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The map has some good new things, but it also has a ton of bad things. The new healthpacks/spawndoors are probably the worst.
    The overall """aesthetic""" of the map also got alot worse, with railings turning into solid blocks and alot of windows getting covered up. The Mansion also got new lighting which doesnt fit the map at all.

9. [Fag] Danny797

[Fag] Danny797 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Why not update map, keep it for, let's say a week, then hold a vote to see if it stays or not.
    Main problem I see is the health packs which I know well these fatties fight over constantly even with them being medium.
    This way we can also see if the newer version brings more/less people or if it changes at all.
    Also I didn't even need to go ingame to see those tiny problems like the railing being full chuncks of bad, etc.
    Even with snipers being so, campy, current version is still neat, but who knows maybe this one's neater
    react with Optimistic if you want to say "Shut up Danny"

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  10. .ax

.ax idk Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The map was nice but there was some essential stuff that should've been fixed (e.g. too few/too small health packs). Archaon tried to contact the map creator but he never responded so we couldn't get our hands on a version of the map that we could edit. That's why I'm going to have to reject this.

Closing and moving.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.