Accepted [Server Ban] Appeal - LSlade

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by LSlade, Jun 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LSlade

LSlade Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    SteamRep block

Alternate accounts

What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    LSlade

When did it happen?
    16.06.2018 11:19

What's the specified reason?
    Aimbot

Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    I believe this is a mistake as I was banned while not even playing on the server; in fact, if the timestamps are accurate, on the SourceBan page, I was asleep.

Secondly, I don't use any hacking software on TF2 nor have I ever considered using anything to improve my skill/gameplay artificially. There isn't any demo file attached to the ban either so I'm not sure why Ramses has banned me.

Thanks.

2. DavisLF3

DavisLF3 Not a weeb, just retarded. Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  3. LSlade

LSlade Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Appreciate it.

I'll just wait to see what Ramses has to say as I didn't see anything suspicious about the demo (even though that opinion is irrelevant seeing as how I'm the one appealing for a ban, hoho.)

4. Matt Ramses

Matt Ramses Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    To start I didn't just ban you randomly without reason. Someone reported you and I did the auto report. The reason that you got banned is that I watched the demo and saw a few shots that looked off. As of now I've rewatched the demo and scrutinized it even more than my first viewing. I've also discussed a bit with another admin. Something we both noticed is that you're a somewhat decent sniper. When I looked at your profile it showed that you only have 10 hours of total playtime, so I thought I'd look at your library that maybe you'd have some playtime in CS:GO, but you seem to have less in that than in TF2. The other admin and I both noticed the way you move and some of the shots you make, they don't look anything like a beginner, its not impossible for someone to start out playing the way you do, just unlikely. So my question is, do you have any previous experience, you didn't mention any alts?

5. LSlade

LSlade Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    In my Introduction thread, I did mention that I've been playing TF2 since it became F2P on and off, through multiple accounts. Alas, I don't remember those accounts' information (password/username) or their customURLs if they had any. There isn't really any proof I can provide that I'm not hacking but as you said, I play like a "somewhat decent sniper" and even if I only have 10 hours on my current account, I don't see how hours/playtime is relevant to me being a hacker or not.

6. Matt Ramses

Matt Ramses Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Alright so I've discussed this with several admins who have also watched the demo, they all agree that there are some strange things about it but it is possible that the lower tickrate of the demo can be causing some of it. After a long discussion about it I've decided to give you the benefit of the doubt and say that its the demo that is making things look off since its entirely possible. This coupled with the fact that the majority of the demo with the exception of the few places we all point out looks normal, your ban has been lifted, apologies for the delay.

7. LSlade

LSlade Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Thank you, friend-o, and don't worry about the delay, I'm just glad to be unbanned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.