Invalid [Guard Ban] Appeal - Bobby Dong

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by BobbyDongLive, May 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobbyDongLive

BobbyDongLive Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    SteamRep block
    STEAM_0:0:138541707

Alternate accounts

What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    Bobby Dong

When did it happen?
    Some time in 2016 I believe. (Do not know how to see the exact date)

What's the specified reason?
    I was reported for a "Paypal Invoice Scam"

Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    I should be unbanned, because I did not mean to scam. At the age of 12 I used to twitch stream, and I got a good amount a money from a friend through a donation (like 25-40$). With this money I was going to buy a AK skin off the market, but my friend stopped me. He told me he had bought skins directly from people, and that you could get much better deals. I took his advice, and sought after a good skin. When I finally saw someone that had one I wanted, I contacted them through steam. I had heard of people getting scammed, so when she told me to go first I was worried. So what I did was look up the username on Google as so. "Is (username) a scammer?" I know this was stupid, but at the time it was completely plausible in my mind. I did not find much, so I assumed I was in the clear. I went into my paypal. Here is where I messed up. Unlike the mobile version, to an unintelligent 11 year old, the desktop site is not simple. I was lost and did not know how to send money. I was clicking buttons and hyperlinks all over the page, until I landed on a page that said "Send Invoice". I assumed this was where I had to be (not knowing what an invoice was) because I saw a place to type in the amount of money to send, as well as an email. After sending what I thought was $20, I told her that I had sent it. I got no response. I thought I got scammed. Skipping forward to know, I was going to send one of my PUBG skins to an IRL friend. We had closed the deal, for cash at school the next day. He came back telling me that he could not trust me because I was banned on steamrep.com. I was shocked, for a while I did not even know why even after seeing the reason. Thank you for reading this, and hope you guys understand.

Sincerely,
    Freddy Naggiar

2. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas Senior Trade Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.