Accepted [Server Ban] Appeal - OAEUK

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by OAEUK, Apr 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OAEUK

OAEUK Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    SteamRep block
    | steamname: OAEUK
    | steam3ID: [U:1:333268274]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:166634137
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198293534002
    | customURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/724fam
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198293534002

Alternate accounts

What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    OAEUK

When did it happen?
    ~4:05 PM EST

What's the specified reason?
    suspicion of hacking

Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    i should be unbanned from fortress of gamers, because although i have been suspected of cheating on the trade_plaza server (trade/idle #3), i don't do it. i usually play on this alternate account to visit different servers and expect different reactions from people. i use my main account to play on my favorite servers, and i consider using my main account to visit fortress of gamers tonight if this appeal goes through. as shown on my main account's profile, i have been a member of steam for nearly seven years and i have had a ton of experience playing team fortress 2. sure, hours or years of service don't mean absolutely everything in the world, but i got this permanent ban just for being suspected of something that i don't use. the rules imply that there needs to be a non-counterfeit (legitimate) verification/confirmation that i have broken the rule, intentional or not. the reason why i got banned for only being suspected was because i was creating a ton of controversy for the players on the server. many were concerned, such as G3CK0 and Raznov Klaus, who were both players i had encountered yesterday since i joined the server. there hasn't been any proof so far, including today, which is when i got banned by roddy.

2. ♡ pie ♡

♡ pie ♡ 死に生きる Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hello OAEUK,

Let me give a little bit of light to the confusion in this situation.
    So initially, I didn't feel the need to ban you. I received the opinions of other admins about you and your sniper game play and though it was a bit sketchy, we concluded that it may have just been coincidental that you had awkward shots. However, I would like to point out what made me come to this conclusion.

Point 1: Your shots.
    In the demo that I recorded myself, I seemed to find some odd shots that you were getting. Additionally, you aimed at a cloaked spy coming out of RED spawn and proceeded to shoot in the general direction of where he was heading--you must've realized your mistake as you disregarded it completely. Later when you were beginning to receive the accusations of being a possible hacker, I questioned why you aimed at the spy and shot--you of course refused to answer, basically ignoring me, and instead continued talking (all in text chat) to G3CK0 who was asking you questions.

Point 2: Your attitude.
    Upon being accused, you briefly mentioned your extensive knowledge of computers and programming. You talked about how you've made your own personal scripts and so forth. It's not much, but taking what's being said into consideration, it also seems very coincidental that you know a lot about what hackers use to poke fun at servers. Moving on.

Point 3: Your accounts.
    In the account that you connected with, you said that it was only a side account to your main, which you have linked in your bio. That account, your main, is apart of several groups that promote hacking/scripting (you're actually a mod on a few from what I've been told). Very coincidental again if I might add. You also seem to be on some thin ice with a sniping group that you're apart of as well. Your reasoning as to why you're using your side account is not that odd, but still something mentionable; you said that you use it for competitve training, but also just so can fight against people who are less skilled (if my memory/sources are correct), but that just sticks out as weird to me.

Point 4: Headshots.
    In an experiment done by me and G3CK0, a witness who brought up the situation to me, we would count the amount of headshots you got while being spectated and not spectated. A lot of people who use scripts or hacks are able to see when they are being watched, and that's what we were suspicious of. When being spectated, you got a mere 3-5 headshots with more lazy shots and poor aim, which is reasonable. However when not being spectated, you ranged from 14-16 just in the spawn of 2 minutes, quick aims and reflexes aiding your shots. Coincidental. I was told by an experienced scripter that some scripts allow a user to automatically pause their aimbot (or whatever it is they may be using) upon being spectated or simply by the press of a key. That seemed to be happening quite often with you, and while already being a scripter yourself, it seems to fit perfectly with what you can do.

1. Shooting invisible spy
    2. Experienced scripter
    3. Sketchy side account; mod of scripting/hacking groups
    4. Many more headshots when not being spectated

Conclusion:
    Though I did have my doubts at first, being told by several people who know more about this than me leaned me towards your ban. Your overall attitude with the situation seemed off to me, and from what I can tell you're very experienced with scripting and you know how to hide it. I'll take the perspective of other witnesses/admins who view the situation differently, though everything just seems way to coincidental (used a lot right?).

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. OAEUK

OAEUK Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    @roddy

point 1) spectator runs at 16 ticks and client-side is ~64 ticks. servers have different tickrate settings but i can assure you it's somewhere around that value. latency also exists. therefore, spectating a player is inaccurate. i usually shoot at the general direction at where spies move at when they begin to cloak. when dead ringer is triggered via a head shot, the crit marker above their head follows the target. i call it crit tracking.

point 2) i wasn't referring to actual downloadable macros (off the internet/razer/corsair), but i was talking about team fortress 2 scripting.
    https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Scripting

point 3) being a part of groups means nothing. the "cheater" group is ironic. plus back in 2011 i had started joining random groups i got invites from, which is why i have 200+.

point 4) it's easy to tell whether you're being watched or not if you hold your scoreboard key and look at the spectators. by the way, you're going to call my aim poor when you're spectating me?

point 4.5) getting consistent head shots doesn't mean anybody is cheating. you think otherwise because you can't replicate it yourself.

edit: on tick 1935, i was aiming for the sniper, and at that exact moment, a spy just happened to walk in front of my shot. this is purely coincidential.

edit: no trigger bot. i.e. on 24534, i shoot a soldier that had already been killed by a scout.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  4. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas Senior Trade Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Legacy Admin, Legacy Trade Moderator, Moderating).**

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  5. ♡ pie ♡

♡ pie ♡ 死に生きる Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    After taking this into consideration and consulting with a few others, I've decided to unban you. Regardless of what I had said above, there is no clear or definite evidence other than the suspicions of many along with coincidental activities on your apart. I apologize for any inconveniences, but I hope you understand that I took the precautions necessary in the case of you actually being a hacker. I hope to see you back on our servers, and enjoy your time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.