Accepted [Server Ban] Appeal - ☯ Karma

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by ☯ Karma, Apr 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ☯ Karma

☯ Karma Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    SteamRep block
    | steamname: ☯ Karma
    | steam3ID: [U:1:295826966]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:147913483
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198256092694
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/i_Karma
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198256092694

What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    ☯ Karma

When did it happen?

What's the specified reason?
    Racism

Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    Hi, so this is the situation I was in:

When I was on the 1v1 Arena Server after some time playing I noticed this guy named "Niggel Angelo" and I wanted to call him out on his name since it seemed highly inappropriate and straight-up racist. So I wrote "nigger angelo..." in chat waiting for a response, that never came to be, since the, at that time active, admin instead called me out for said message. I then proceeded to ask the admin what sort of language was not seen as racist, since "Niggel Angelo" didn't seem to be a problem and asked if the word "nibba" was also allowed. I then got instantly banned.
    I never meant to be racist or anything similar myself, quite the opposite, I wanted to call the other user out on his name, since nobody else seemed to care.
    I apologize for my language use and I will not use said language again.

2. GehWasserHolen

GehWasserHolen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Dear Karma, due to the fact that you literally added me and said your ban was justified I dont see any reason to unban you. In addition to that looking in your reasoning behind writing these terms and also your ingame chat, I dont think you deserve to get unbanned.

3. ☯ Karma

☯ Karma Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Me writing, that I think a ban is justified and a ban actually being justified are different things. Furthermore I didn't know it was a perm-ban, which is another issue in itself. I do agree with a temporal ban, as we already mentioned, I won't go back on my word. I still think you could do a much better job, just as I told you in our private messages. Furthermore I really don't get why you would perm-ban me but not even temporarily ban or even talk to the user named "Niggel Angelo", which is exactly why this situation arose in the first place.

4. GehWasserHolen

GehWasserHolen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    First of all there is no clear reason to ban the guy called "niggel angelo" because it is a real name so no better job I could have done there.
    Second of all if you didnt know, racism is tolerated in anyway and would only be banned temporarily you should have read the rules of our server first. I still dont think you learned from your mistake so I will stay at my conclusion to not unban you.

5. ☯ Karma

☯ Karma Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    In case you didn't understand the (racist) "joke" behind his name: the artist is called Michelangelo and even though it has nothing more to do with him other than sounding similar, it apparently gave this person just enough reason to call himself "Niggel Angelo" which is in my understanding just as bad as the word "nibba". "Niggel Angelo" is not a real name and if you really think it is a real name and no bannable offense or something similar, then this is exactly the kind of loophole and grey-area these people are going to continue to use to spread racism.
    I can only tell you this: I am not racist myself but wanted to call him out on it and you short-handedly banned me, and not him and frankly I really don't understand your clear-cut decision in this matter. I already apologized for my language use and said I wouldn't do it again. You are banning the wrong people here.

6. Rizor

Rizor eZ Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    @☯ Karma@☯ Karma

I actually had a conversation with @GehWasserHolen@GehWasserHolen about the guy named "niggel angelo". Yes it might be racism and it might be his intention but niggel is also a normal name. There are people called e.g. "Ben Niggel" in real life. So he is moving inside a grey zone using this name which we cant punish.

Also we just had a conversation within the management about the usage of racist / nazist names + profile pictures in steam which is a grey zone aswell for us because actually steam would have to handle this on their own. You do have a report function within steam to report such people. Even though I still tend to ban such people from time to time if its straight up racism / nazism which it wasn't in this case unfortunately.

On the other hand you called him out as "nigger angelo" which already is violating the rules and in a second step you insulted the admin and on top of that you asked him if saying "nibba" is allowed. You basically dug your own hole by saying these things. As you already mentioned your ban is justified and GehWasserHolen didn't ban the wrong guy, cause other than "niggel angelo" you weren't moving within any grey zone.

Nevertheless I think you understood your mistake therefor you will get a 2nd chance and I lowered your ban to 2 weeks. In the meantime please make sure to re-read our CS:GO rules so this won't happen again:
    https://forums.f-o-g.eu/threads/counter-strike-global-offensive-server-rules.5897/

Also be aware that any further violation will result in another permanent ban which won't be lifted.
    Is this clear to you?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  7. ☯ Karma

☯ Karma Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Thank you for taking the time and looking into this. I won't violate the rules again and leave the admins to their own devices.

8. Rizor

Rizor eZ Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You should because we deal with every single report case and punish people according to our rules. So if you think someone is violating the rules in the future just use the !report function instead of breaking the rules on your own.

See you on the servers soon.

Closing and moving.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.