Accepted [Server Ban] Appeal - Edgy Semicolon

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by Edgy Semicolon, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edgy Semicolon

Edgy Semicolon Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    SteamRep block
    | steamname: Edgy Semicolon
    | steam3ID: [U:1:366881206]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:183440603
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198327146934
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198327146934

What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    Edgy Semicolon

When did it happen?
    20.02.2018 20:14

What's the specified reason?
    micspam, insults, disrespecting other players

Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    As shown in the screenshots I put with this appeal I am not eligible for any of the permanent ban reasons as listed in your permanent bannable offenses list. If I am banned for the reasons given I should at most be banned for a month. The offenses I have committed would be swearing and spamming. First off the swearing acts I commit pale in comparison to the swearing of others. I'm not saying that others do worse makes mine any better, I am just pointing out that by now half of the regulars on the server would be banned for it by now. Next the spamming I have done has not been very harmful .(NOTE: I have been corrected here by the demos and bambi so I have done that but it still doesn't change the fact that at most I should have a one month ban) I have never spammed insults at anyone, even when admins are on they kindly ask me to not spam whatever it was I put and I obey. Spamming only has a bannable time of up to 3 hours. The other reasons that are on the ban notice are "Insults" and "disrespecting other players". I always try to make my "insults" and "disrespect" as light as possible (NOTE: I have been corrected by bambi in the fact that I have been harsh before and I appolagise for my immature actions). and if anyone actually gets upset at it then I would question if anyone is hurt so easily. Side note: None of the things I am guilty of are permanent bannable, the way the "Insults" and "disrespecting players" are listed as bannable offenses (unless you classify it as garassment but you could have just put that instead).And that is the end to my very long appeal, so with all that said I only have one question:why was I banned permanently? (Feel free to correct anything that is incorrect and I will address the issue and fix it). Thank you for reading and I hope you take my appeal into consideration.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  2. princess13456789

princess13456789 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  3. Bambi :)

Bambi :) The American Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    really? because in the player report by princess you clearly were spamming insults. To add onto that you insult me all the time on jailbreak which I don't really care but when you start doing it to other players it creates problems for YOU.
    Again, clearly what you said here is not true, your insults against princess in the demo's seemed pretty offensive, and for you to say that makes me believe you really have no idea what your really saying to people. I think your perma ban might be extreme, but you deserve a ban none the less. Good luck on your appeal.

4. Edgy Semicolon

Edgy Semicolon Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    If I conveyed a victim status than I conveyed the wrong message, the massage was supposed to be: "Yeah I did bad things, but not bad enough to be permabanned for it". You were offended over nothing so I gave you something to be offended by. I'm not trying to hide that. I'm trying to be cut and dry here and you're just helping me out. Now if I were trying to not accept consequence I would run for cover and try to get the ban removed completely. But I'm here, accepting the consequence. I'm more than ready for the 1 month at most ban I would get if we were actually looking at the rules of the bans. The rules just state that at WORST I will get a one month ban. Allow me to reiterate what I said in my appeal: I am NOT eligible for any of the permanent ban charges. Unless you count racism as: Telling a story about me mispronouncing something as a 5 year old. If you cannot tell the difference between actual racism and a story from when I was five than I'm at a loss of words. I am completely dumbfounded as to how anyone could think that A CHILD could ever know what he was saying is connected to something I didn't even know EXISTED at the time. By the way I never said the actual word and It was pretty clear what I said was not close to the N-word (Unless you edited the audio but I doubt anyone would go that far). If you think it's racist to even mention a similarity to a racist word or phrase then fine, convince me of that. So the least I expect from anyone the admins is to change my ban from perm to temporary withing the day to a month area because that's the actual ban time for what I have done.

Attached Files:

5. Edgy Semicolon

Edgy Semicolon Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    So you admit it? I said that I'm accepting a fair consequence and this? Well it's not a fair consequence.
    As I said...
    so thank you for drawing my attention to it, I'm now editing it and I will note what I originally put and that it has been corrected.

6. princess13456789

princess13456789 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Saying racist such as the N word isn't appropriate and it counts to the rule, Yet you keep playing the victim card and act like you didn't do anything wrong and the video proved you did.

7. Edgy Semicolon

Edgy Semicolon Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    again...
    So I will again fix that and credit you as the corrector. By the way I do know what I say to people, I just have the memory of a potato. Thank you for reminding me.

8. Edgy Semicolon

Edgy Semicolon Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Again am I playing the victim card? I don't think so and If I am please tell me how so for me to correct that in the future.

9. princess13456789

princess13456789 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Yes you're because you were insulting me and disrespecting me, Also it wasn't light as you said.

10. Edgy Semicolon

Edgy Semicolon Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ugh......
    Are you sure I'm playing the victim card? Also..... If I'm racist for not even using it AT ALL and saying something similar than does make every single word than sounds like it racist? Even when it was when I had NO CLUE that it was a word or what racism was?

11. Edgy Semicolon

Edgy Semicolon Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I was already corrected by bambi on that and I'm going to change it to be accurate if I didn't have to reply for 5 seconds

12. Edgy Semicolon

Edgy Semicolon Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I was referring to WHEN I WAS FIVE how would I as a five year old EVER think that some people are superior to others based on skin?

13. ♡ pie ♡

♡ pie ♡ 死に生きる Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Arguing on this thread is definitely not helping your situation, nor will it persuade other admins to forgive you. You were not banned for racism, so what you both are talking about here is, to put simply, a waste of a conversation. I would advise you to stop posting that stuff here and instead politely discuss what you did wrong, how you will better yourself from your mistakes, and think about what you're doing before acting. This behavior is uncalled for and is very unprofessional.

Edgy, you did something wrong. You need to handle the situation maturely and realize that it was your actions that put you here. If you feel the need to argue, take it to a private conversation.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • List
  14. Edgy Semicolon

Edgy Semicolon Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Yeah you're right.

15. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Lowered your ban to 3 months.
    Please keep in mind that any further offenses will lead into a permanent ban which cannot be appealed anymore.

Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.