Declined MP Rounds for the Arena Server

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by GehWasserHolen, Feb 19, 2018.

Tags:
?

Do you want SMG rounds on arena?

Poll closed Feb 27, 2018.
  1. Yes add all SMG's

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. No don't add SMG's

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. abstention (I won't play SMG anyway)

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GehWasserHolen

GehWasserHolen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Since there are a lot of specific rounds like the deagle or scout rounds for example, why dont we just make mp rounds too. I think it could be a lot of fun having some new stuff to play with in the arena as well as maybe practice for these UMP force rounds in our comp matches :D. Although I have to say, that it would probably be the most optimal, if there will be a dedicated MP Round for all MPs (besides the P90) so people can play with an ump against others with a mp7. You would just select a weapon for the "MP Round" just like for example the pistol round. The reason I wouldnt add the P90 is due to the lack of skill needed to control the weapon in my opinion.
    In addition to that Rizor already pointed out that it could be bad to implement MP Rounds due to the long range maps in the current map pool. I looked into all the maps but especially into the 15 most played ones.

Maps that would not work for MP Rounds:
    1. am_dust2014
    2. am_ramps_v6
    Literally every other one of the 13 most played maps have a short enough range to be played decently with MPs. Keep in mind, this is just based on my personal opinion and experience playing the MPs. Some borderline maps could be am_water_v6 but that is something we could just look for and test.
    I hope there are some people who have the same wish as me implementing the mp rounds :)

Edit: The idea didnt came from me, it came from a guy named HoP ^^. He is also playing on the arena server.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  2. HoP

HoP Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I would love to see something new added on the server and ill mostly play on the server to get better and have fun so in my opinion new weapons to play with would be great idea and it would create more guns to use other than ak, awp and usp.

3. staneo

staneo that guy Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Sorry for asking, but what does "MP" mean?
    Dont you mean SMG/Submachine gun rounds?

Still, I have read everything in the thread and I would like for this to get implemented.
    I can assume that it will be hard to implement this, but its kind off worth doing so due to the fact as these kinds of rounds will bring variety to the arena server(s). But I am as well uncertain if that is a good thing for the server(s) or not.

With this maybe we should suggest some maps that are not very big in size and ideal for short-range weapons?

4. jackboy61

jackboy61 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I don't play cs but I am assuming he means machine pistols

5. GehWasserHolen

GehWasserHolen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Yes I meant SMG (MP = machine pistol) ^^

6. Dr.StaubSauger

Dr.StaubSauger Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    For me, SMG rounds will be more luck- than skill-based.

But for those that choose to play SMG, why not give that as an option as well.

7. jackboy61

jackboy61 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Suggestions like these are, in my eyes, No brainers. As far as I am aware adding the option for MP/SMG rounds subtracts nothing from the game. Even if you hate SMG rounds, You can simply not play SMG. The server only gains by adding more options.
    To add to this suggestion I would also say their should be the option for Pistol and Heavy Rounds (Maybe split shotguns and LMGs?). The only downside that I can see being a realistic issue is that having too many options could cause a lot of rounds to not be what you want.
    So to elaborate: lets say you want tod AWP Rounds. ATM you have a decent chance of getting AWP when you set it as your preference. The issue being that sometimes there are no other AWP Preference players in your arena rank so you get put into a regular round. Adding more options would likely split the numbers further as many people that would be doing AWP rounds might move onto SMG. That means people wanting to do AWP are now less likely to get an AWP round,

I hope that makes sense to everyone as I did a pretty terrible job of describing what I mean.
    Regardless, Overall I say Great suggestion! +1 From me

EDIT: Please note that this comes from someone who has only played a few hours on the arena server, So a lot of what I say could be wrong. This is all based on my own understanding.

8. Rizor

Rizor eZ Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    In case we are going to add SMG's we are going to add all of them including the P90.

There are a couple more maps that doesn't work to well with SMG's like:
    • am_redline
    • am_surfburken
    • am_underground
    • am_warehouse_fog
    • am_xenon
    • am_th_civilaction2
    • ... maybe a few more that are not really practical
    But then again you might not have to play this weapon on this maps. About 1/5 of all maps in the current map pool wouldn't work really well with SMG's.

The question is if it is really worth it. Or if just a minior amount of people would play it.

Nope

We already have pistol rounds and a clear no to heavy.

I will add a poll to this suggestion and leave it open for 1 week from today:
    1. yes add all SMG's
    2. no don't add SMG's
    3. abstention (I won't play SMG anyway)
    Please vote on this and I might think about it depending on the results. Also it will depend on n0 if he feels like adding it. Cause this is most likely a plugin adjustment.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  9. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Not going to do change/implement any plugin, so this has either be done through existing configuration or not at all.

10. Rizor

Rizor eZ Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Original Quote by Splewis (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=2303323&postcount=685):
    Well adding every single SMG as a custom round will just destroy the current menu. A weapon choice menu would require an additional plugin like flashbang.sp or kniferounds.sp. So I guess this is not going to happen since we have no other coder then n0. And I wasn't able to find any premade smg.sp for the multi1v1 plugin.

Guess we can reject this suggestion then. Sorry.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  11. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Rejected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.