Implemented [CS:GO] Suggestion Collection vDEV

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Rizor, Nov 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rizor

Rizor eZ Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    [CS:GO] Suggestion Collection vDEV
    As wished a central suggestion collection for all that need development work.
    So this thread basically contains a collection of different suggestions for our CS:GO Servers.

Please try to keep this topic as clean as possible so we can actually follow the completion process for each suggestion without having to search for them.

2. CP plugin of the ckSurf timer (Surf, Bhop)
    To be honest the cP Mod currently installed is quite buggy when it comes to checkpoints and teleporters within maps. Cause sometimes you cant go back to your old checkpoint after you entered a teleporter. So actually it would be the best option if we could take the cP Mod from the ckSurf timer which is based on the KZ timer which got a perfect cp/tp mod. It also includes a practice mode which might fix the issue people abusing noclip in combination with cp's at the beginning of maps.

Priority: low-medium

1. !option menu (Surf, Bhop)
    - Hide other players enabled/disabled
    - Quake sounds - enabled/disabled
    - Show timer text - enabled/disabled
    - spectator list - enabled/disabled
    - speed/stage panel - enabled/disabled
    - start weapon - knife / usp
    - hide chat - enabled/disabled
    - hide weapon - hidden or not hidden

Pro: Saves the !options of a player and you dont have to write e.g. !disarm or !hide every single time you connect to the server.
    Con: I dont see any cons on this one.

Can be found within the ck surf timer: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=264498&highlight=Surf

Priority: high

3. Replay bots, CP Wr's (Surf, not sure if Bhop aswell)

Dont allow people to finish anything while the cp's are loading!
    People finishing maps while they are still loading just causes that they are overwritten and bugged for the entire map then.

5. !loop (Surf)

Now !loop would be a function that allows the player to grind a certain stage. Currently you can !s1 .... !sx and make a partial run but after finishing a stage you will continue in the next one and have to go back with !sx. So this suggestion would teleport the player to the beginning of the stage again after finishing it when activated.

Priority: low

6. Noclip and !pause (Surf, not sure if Bhop aswell)

I know this have been added recently that you have to !pause before you can use noclip to avoid people abusing to start from a higher position. Now there is an issue with that. If I !pause and then use noclip and I want to !resume afterwards again it doesn't let me because it tells me to !pause again which I obviously cant because I did this earlier before.

Now I do even think this have been fixed the wrong way. Normally when you start using !noclip it should just stop the timer automatically and you SHOULDN'T be allowed to start a new run before you haven't deactivated noclip and wrote !r again. Going over the !pause command is the wrong way in my opinion.

The fix for the abuse is part of 2).

Placeholder
    Placeholder
    4. Usp without ammunition (Surf)
    The reason behind this suggestion is that people do prefer a usp over a knife or even disarm. I know that there is the argument that !disarm is anyway better because of 260 u/s speed but this additional 10 u/s are just necessary on a few maps (staged like surf_how2surf) which makes the usp still valid for people who prefer it.
    Also I suggest to add this without ammunition so that people can't shoot all the time and annoy with it. This is really just for the preference! Also make it impossible to drop it so other people cant pick it up. Or atleast make them instantly disappear after being dropped.
    I know that Massta has written something like this for bhop? Maybe could just take it for surf?

Priority: low

Priority list:
    1. high - implemented
    2. low-medium
    3. high - implemented
    4. low denied
    5. low - implemented
    6. high - implemented

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  2. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Progress with 1.), the following items will be available in !settings:
    • Hide other players - on/off
    • Quake sounds - on/off
    • Spectator list - on/off
    • Hud settings - redirects to !hud
    • Hide chat - on/off (hides all chat elements, including voice indicators)
    • Remove weapons - on/off
    Still pending is late load handling (handling the case when a plugin is reloaded).

All these changes will only be available once they are all done and deployed.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  3. Rizor

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Added 1) to deployable.
    Added 4) to denied suggestion. Effort way higher than the use would be.
    added 3) to requires testing.
    added 6) to requires testing.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  4. Rizor

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    added 3) to deployable.
    added 6) to deployable.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  5. Rizor

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    added 5) to deployable.

6. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Marking as implemented.
    The last remaining item (cps) is being tracked internally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.