Implemented [CS:GO] Suggestion Collection v2

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Rizor, Oct 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rizor

Rizor eZ Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    [CS:GO] Suggestion Collection v2
    I have decided to make one topic for a couple of suggestions instead of one for each suggestion.
    So this thread basically contains a collection of different suggestions for our CS:GO Servers. Also I have decided to make a v2 to keep the things and progress seperated from v1.

Please try to keep this topic as clean as possible so we can actually follow the completion process for each suggestion without having to search for them.

1. Usp without ammunition (Surf)
    The reason behind this suggestion is that people do prefer a usp over a knife or even disarm. I know that there is the argument that !disarm is anyway better because of 260 u/s speed but this additional 10 u/s are just necessary on a few maps (staged like surf_how2surf) which makes the usp still valid for people who prefer it.
    Also I suggest to add this without ammunition so that people can't shoot all the time and annoy with it. This is really just for the preference! Also make it impossible to drop it so other people cant pick it up. Or atleast make them instantly disappear after being dropped.

Priority: low

5. !loop (Surf)

Now !loop would be a function that allows the player to grind a certain stage. Currently you can !s1 .... !sx and make a partial run but after finishing a stage you will continue in the next one and have to go back with !sx. So this suggestion would teleport the player to the beginning of the stage again after finishing it when activated.

11. Noclip and !pause (Surf, not sure if Bhop aswell)

I know this have been added recently that you have to !pause before you can use noclip to avoid people abusing to start from a higher position. Now there is an issue with that. If I !pause and then use noclip and I want to !resume afterwards again it doesn't let me because it tells me to !pause again which I obviously cant because I did this earlier before.

Now I do even think this have been fixed the wrong way. Normally when you start using !noclip it should just stop the timer automatically and the fix is that you SHOULDN'T be allowed to start a new run before you haven't deactivated noclip and wrote !r again. Going over the !pause command is the wrong way in my opinion.

Priority: high
    3.1 Clean up SQL advertisings (All CS:GO Server)
    Now this is something that bothers me for a long long time. I think a couple of the advertisings could be way more crisp and on the point. Also the coloring could need a modern update because that green is terrible. Also the ">>>" are a little bit to much.

Some bad examples (not all listed here!):
    >>>Are you annoyed by micspammers? Type voice_enable 0 into your console to mute them permanently! (Don't forget that voice_enable 1 can reverse this!)
    I think !report should be advertised with the combination of micspam and not voice_enable 0.

>>>Do you enjoy talking? Then join our Teamspeak 3 server: 176.57.141.141:9987!
    Is currently 2 lines long when it gets advertised in chat. Can be shorten down to 1 line in my oppinion would make it cleaner. Also a missing word in the first sentence in case you want to keep it.

>>> Trades, raffles and more - Type !forum to visit our forums or visit forums.f-o-g.eu today!
    Trades, raflles? I think this is a little bit outdated and not the focus of the forum. Still good avertisment for the forum which could also be reduced to www.f-o-g.eu instead of forums.f-o-g.eu but the first part is kinda unnecessary.

>>> Do you want to talk other players or admins? Join our discord: https://discord.gg/zdU4UDC!
    Pretty much the same like the Ts3 Server could be shortened to 1 line. Also a missing word in the first sentence in case you want to keep it.

Now what I want to say is that they could all need a clean up I think you got my point.
    Maybe this is a job for our new Moderator?

3.2 Clean up !server advertisings (All CS:GO Server)
    Things mentioned in 3.1 also applies for the advertisments that come with !servers they can be also a bit more crisp and clean when it comes to coloring. One notification instantly fills an entire chat box which can be really annoying sometimes.

6. !fogtv (All CS:GO Servers)
    Add a command called !fogtv that will lead to our YouTube Channel and advertise it via SQL.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/fogtv17?sub_confirmation=1
    Also it will find it's place in the "General Server Commands" found in the topic:
    https://forums.f-o-g.eu/threads/cs-go-server-commands.14518/

Priority: medium

7. Spectator Bug (Bhop, Surf)

Now this is an issue that also have been reported a few times but I am not sure if anything has been done about this yet. As far as I have noticed there wasn't a fix for it yet. A possible way to fix it has been described by Sikari in the topic:
    https://forums.f-o-g.eu/threads/cs-go-bhop-spec-bug.14328/#post-100131

8. Fix the !servers command (All CS:GO Servers)
    If you write !servers In-Game (CS:GO) the following site is going to open:
    http://www.f-o-g.eu/servers/
    Actually the following site should open when I write this in CS:GO:
    http://www.f-o-g.eu/servers/list/csgo

9. !radio bug (All CS:GO Servers)
    No matter which volume you currently choose you always get the 20 %. Maybe this needs an update but it currently is broken.

12. Spec and Voice Chat (All CS:GO Servers)
    If you are in spectator and use your microphone people won't hear your. Only the ones that are in spectator aswell. As far as I know this "bug" also existed with text/chat and have been fixed some while ago.

13. Map removal (Arena 1v1)
    Remove am_crossriver_spicy from the server.

Priority: high
    2. Custom Models for Arena 1v1 (Arena 1v1)
    Excuse me that I have to pick this up again:
    https://forums.f-o-g.eu/threads/custom-models-for-arena-1vs1.14814/
    - overall positive vote
    - regulars of the 1v1 server would actually like to see this happen

I do understand the concerns mentioned in the original suggestion but we could atleast give this a try and see how the feedback is going to be. Atleast I would like to see a compromise on this and maybe just add the stormtrooper for the admins then. Even though I think the donators would deserve something like this aswell.

Note: I suggested the !option menu in my suggestion collection v1. If it is possible there could be an option to show/hide models. So people that doesn't want to see it or get disrupted by this models could just hide them.

4. New stats page (Bhop, Surf)

Let's be real here the current stat page which comes with zipcore is a lackluster and could be way way better than it is. I know this might be a very low priority thing but I think this would need a rework sometime. Maybe someone knows an experienced webcoder and could suggest him.

A composition of the stat pages from Horizon + Surfheaven would be great in this case. Both of them are not perfect on their own but both of them together would be kinda great.

Priority: very low

10. WR/SR Server notification (Surf, Bhop)

Whenever a WR/SR is done make a notification on all surf/bhop servers so people can see who/when/map/time. I know when a new map gets added there might be a ton of notifications but maybe there is a way to tell this kind of plugin only to throw out a notification if a map is uploaded for e.g. 2 weeks. This would avoid notification spams of new maps.

3.1 low
    3.2 low
    4. very low denied

5. low MOVED to vDEV
    6. medium
    7. medium
    8. medium
    9. low

10. low - denied
    11. high MOVED to vDEV
    12. medium
    13. high

Thanks in advance!
    Also credits to @Seynethic@Seynethic for helping me out with this collection again!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  2. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Short feedback (already talked in private):
    2.) It's far too early to suggest this again, as I am still strongly against it. Not going to implement it in this round.
    3.) The main ads part shouldn't be an issue, the !servers one requires a plugin edit - maybe split that up into two points.
    4.) (already mentioned privately) Unless we get a web developer, I don't see this happening any time soon.
    Not really a pro with web design especially, don't really enjoy working on such a page either.
    5.) Currently blocked by the Timer rework, may take a while.
    7.) Video requested.
    9.) Unless there was a recent plugin update, I don't think this can really be fixed from our side.
    If Hive's web page doesn't process the parameters correctly, I can't do much.
    10.) Still against it. In my opinion, this has a too strong disadvantage (spamming) over an advantage for me to invest time in.
    Setting up such a system isn't that easy.
    11.) Same as #5, currently blocked.
    12.) I just checked the relevant CVar (sv_full_alltalk), and it's turned on on 1-2 and 1-6. Can you check if it works there? (1-3 and 4-6 have it disabled).
    13.) Done

Set to implementing.

3. Rizor

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Thank you for the feedback.

Added to denied suggestions:
    2 and 10

Added to implemented suggestions:

Since 12 comes from @Seynethic@Seynethic could you check this please?
    Splitted up 3 into 3.1 (SQL advertisments) and 3.2 (!server advertisment).

4. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Quick idea how 5.) could be working. When the loop option is activated and you want to grind X stage, then the stagezone for Y turns into a teleport last for that player. Or rather "if the player reaches the next zone, the timer stops and he goes back to the last stage"

5. Rizor

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Yeah that might work. I guess something has to be figured out then.
    Anyway I would see something like !loop1 ...!loopx so this could exist next to the normal partial run which you can make with !s1 ... !sx.

6. staneo

staneo that guy Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Adding something that informs people that there is a command called !sm imo is a good idea.
    Replacing the voice_enable 0 thing with this would maybe help with the people screaming "shut up" into their mics when there is a conversation on the server(s).
    Some people dont even know what the console is and is left out from this.

7. Rizor

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Does already exist:
    >>>Want to mute someone? Type !sm to mute a specific person or use voice_enable 0 to mute everyone.

8. staneo

staneo that guy Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ok, i only remember seeing the voice_enable 0 thing but my bad sorry sorry :)

9. Rizor

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    7) Version isn't available anymore to reproduce and record it. So gotta live with the verbal way how to fix it.

Also @Massta@Massta stated:
    So maybe have to deploy this on surf aswell.

10. Chefkoch JJ

Chefkoch JJ :] Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Regarding 4), isn't that just some simple php+html? If bootstrap is available this can be done really quickly I guess, depending on what you want.

11. Rizor

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Discussed 7) with n0name. Seems to be no bigger issue on surf and should be fixed on bhop by Massta. Therefor moving 7 to implemented suggestions.

4):
    More structured information (overview sheet):

http://surfheaven.eu/

Individual Player Profiles:
    https://www.horizonservers.net/mapstats
    https://www.horizonservers.net/stats
    https://www.horizonservers.net/stats/STEAM_1:0:43675619/surf

Both got their pro / cons but I think a combination of both would be really good. Like a overview sheet + individual "profiles".
    If this can be done quickly or not is something you gotta tell me @Massta@Massta
    To be honest this is how GameMe should actually look like for surf/bhop. The original GameMe is kinda useless cause it only provides the playtime and the chat history thats it. And the version of zipcore we currently use doesn't provide the filter options and informations the horizon one does for example.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  12. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Update:
    3.1) Will give you access to the WI, so you can update them yourself.
    3.2) Enabled the short notification style, which prints all information in one line.
    If the map/server name are too long, it will still span over 2 (chatbox limitation).
    Enabled on all servers (not just CS:GO), should be active after a mapchange.
    Not going to bother with the colors.
    6.) Added
    8.) Fixed
    9.) Uploaded the most recent version of the plugin. If that doesn't fix it, it might be related to the MOTD bug - navigating to a page on the same domain will not reload the window, so it still shows the old page.
    Will have to be fixed by the Hive dev team.
    12.) Should be fixed as well after a map change on all CS:GO servers (the cvar was reset after each mapchange).

Would also be nice if you could move all suggestions requirement development work (#1, #5, #11 as well as #1 and #3 from collection v1) to a seperate, central thread.
    Could also remove #4 from it, as it's not going to be me who will implement it (can still keep track of it privately).

13. Rizor

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    9) unfortunately haven't been fixed with the update but it was worth a try. Guess this will be up to hive then.

Added to implemented:
    3.2), 6), 8), 9) and 12)

Added to denied:
    4)

Moved to vDEV:
    1), 5) and 11)
    Can be found here: https://forums.f-o-g.eu/threads/cs-go-suggestion-collection-vdev.15299/

Would like to keep this open for my own reminder to do 3.2). Once adjusted I will post here again to mark this as implemented aswell.
    Update: Will be done in the first december week.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  14. Rizor

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Added to implemented:
    3.1)

All other suggestions were already implemented / denied or moved to vDEV. Therefor this topic can be marked as implemented.

Now unfortunately you are limited to {DEFAULT}, {TEAM}, {GREEN}, {LIGHTGREEN}, and {OLIVE} for the normal say advertisments. Any other type of advertisment for example center/top would be way to obstrusive even though they allow additional colors. Therefor there are no real color adjustments possible in this case. Nevertheless I tried to adjust the advertisments in a way that they only contain important informations. Also the ">>>" at the beginning of the advertisments will be exchanged to "FoG |" in every single case. Advertisments which include no important imformations are listed below and should be removed to increase the chance of more important advertisments to appear more often.

The following advertisments have been adjusted:
    • FoG | Fortress of Gamers on Youtube: youtube.com/fogtv17 or type !fogtv
    • FoG | Visit our Forums: www.f-o-g.eu or type !forum
    • FoG | Admin abuse? Report it at: www.f-o-g.eu!
    • FoG | Make sure that you have read our rules! Type !rules in chat!
    • FoG | Type !donate or !keydonate (skins supported) to receive donator benefits!
    • FoG | We hire admins! Type !admininfo if you are interested!
    • FoG | Join our TeamSpeak 3 server: 176.57.141.141:9987
    • FoG | You found a bug or got a suggestion? Make a post at: www.f-o-g.eu!
    • FoG | Check out our other servers - type !servers and add them to your favourites!
    • FoG | Is a player breaking the rules? Type !report or !calladmin and report them!
    • FoG | You want to mute someone? Type !sm (mute) / !su (unmute) or use voice_enable 0 to mute everyone.
    • FoG | Join our FoG - surf group for new informations and updates: https://f-o-g.eu/surf_group!
    • FoG | Map Music can be disabled with !music!
    • FoG | Join our Discord server: https://discord.gg/ftfGcEB

The following advertisments should be removed (redundant):
    • >>> We welcome everyone! Including beginners and newcomers! (ID 3)
    • >>> Enjoy our servers? Add us to your favorites! (ID 7)
    • >>> Are you annoyed by micspammers? Type !sm to mute them, and/or make a !report to call every admin online! (ID 14)
    • >>> Want to listen to music? Use !radio (ID 23)
    • >>> Is a player breaking the rules? Report them here: https://forums.f-o-g.eu/forums/player-reports.22/! (ID 30)
    • >>> Want to join in on maptests or plugin tests? Join https://f-o-g.eu/surf_group and wait for announcements! (ID 42)
    • >>> There has been a recent change to our chat-related rules - please type !rules to familiarize yourself with them! (ID 48)

The following advertisments are under investigation (will be discussed with the server managers and changed/removed afterwards):
    • >>> If you want to restart a map, type !restart or !r. !rs to restart a stage (ID 16)
    • >>> Want to check the worldrecord? Type !wr (!bwr or the bonus and !b2wr for bonus2, etc.) (ID 17)
    • >>> Stuck on a map or don't know how to improve? Use !specbot! (ID 18)
    • >>> To check your current overall rank type !prank. Compare this to !ranks to see at what rank you will reach a new rankname. (ID 19)
    • >>> For some further info on the map use !mapinfo. (ID 24)
    • >>> Want to check the worldrecord for a checkpoint? Type !cpwr and select the checkpoint. (ID 26)
    • >>> Type !stats or stats to view your player stats! (ID 34)
    • >>> New to surf? You can use !tutorial for a quick video guide that will explain you the basics! (ID 35)
    • >>> Did you know? You can use !cp to save your location. A good way to learn new maps. (ID 36)
    • >>> Use !disarm to remove your knife completely or to show it again! (ID 37)
    • >>> Too many players or a bad framerate? Use !hide to hide other players! (ID 38)
    • >>> You can use !hud to customize your timer or remove it completely. (ID 39)
    • >>> Are you stuck midrun? Just join the spectator mode, check on others and write !resume to simply continue your run! (ID 43)
    The question is if every command should be really advertised separate or if we should advertise our [CS:GO] Server Commands which can be found here: https://forums.f-o-g.eu/threads/cs-go-server-commands.14518/#post-105554. And only advertise additionally commands that are really important. I mean the chance of such an advertisment popping up when you need it is incredible low. I think if someone needs a certain command he would rather ask in the chat for it. So I would suggest:
    • FoG | Searching for a command? Type !commands or ask the regulars in the chat.

15. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Marking as implemented.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.