Declined Mini-crits on air-shot (soldier)

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by ✪Ahqua, Oct 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ✪Ahqua

✪Ahqua Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    As the title reads, I would like to add mini-crits for air-shots on VS Saxton Hale.
    Servers that I have played on in the past have had this plugin and I think that it is a great plugin for rewarding players that are able to hit air shots while the boss is air bourne.

Weapons like The Direct Hit feels completely useless in vsh when airshots don't reward mini-crits.
    In my opinion, all other rocket launchers outshine The Direct Hit in terms of dmg and reliability.
    The damage that the direct hit delivers on an airborne player when mini critted is 338 and 169 if you hit the legs I believe.
    This is totally balanced in my opinion since air shots are fairly difficult to pull off.

2. Jiggly

Jiggly Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    This is somewhat strange, 169 is already the minicrit damage and 338 an normal critical hit.
    Originally vsh plugin makes it so direkt Hit hits are critical when you would minicrit so you are basically describing the usual vsh direct hit just that it deals around 100 damage on hit when the Hale is grounded.
    Otherwise agreed, restore the plugin as 169 damage on a grounded Hale sounds cheap and skill should be rewarded more, keep in mind to get enough knockback to airborne him you have to be quite close or damage falloff...

3. ✪Ahqua

✪Ahqua Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I am not 100% sure what the original vsh plugins are but what you say about mini-crits doing as much dmg as normal critical hits are true. When there are 2 people alive direct hits deals 338 dmg on grounded and airborne and the damage doesn't increase when you get normal critical hits.

To clarify the changes I want to make is that soldiers get rewarded with mini-crits on (all) rocket launchers on airborne enemies and the direct hit, in particular, gets the old stats that a mini-crit = normal critical hit.
    This is perfectly balanced in my opinion since you can't abuse the splash dmg like other rocket launchers with the bigger blast radiuses, you actually need to hit the hale with a direct hit.
    (Mini-crits gets rewarded on airborne enemies throughout the round. Doesn't matter if it's a direct hit or splash dmg)

Normal direct hits (not explosion dmg) does (not) give mini-crits on (grounded) enemies only (airborne) All rocket launchers.

4. ✪Ahqua

✪Ahqua Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Update I don't know if it was me that not were the sharpest knife in the box but today when I played vsh I got mini-crits on all air shots with the direct hit but not with The black box so I think that the plugin right now only rewards direct hit.

5. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Could very well be, not going to change that any time soon either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.