Declined Custom Models for Arena 1vs1

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Zodiac, Oct 5, 2017.

?

Custom Models for Arena?

1. Definitely

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. Not Really

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zodiac

Zodiac Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  2. Rizor

Rizor eZ Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I like!
    Not sure if you can seperate them by T and CT. But wouldn't hurt either if they are all 4 available for each site (reffering to the Donor ones).

3. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Way to objectify women with these massive breasts and short clothing! You should be ashamed!

Now serioustalk:
    Idk if its gonna fuck arond with the overlapping of hitbox/playermodel. If the T models for example suddenly all appear thinner than what you can actually hit due to the hitboxes then i wouldnt really support this for a gamemode that relies on hitbox/model consistancy.

4. Rizor

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I know where you are coming from but I guess the difference won't be really noticeable.
    If you take a look at the picture they all look pretty much same sized:
    https://files.gamebanana.com/img/ss/skins/56f6827e0d271.jpg

And then again if someone wants to pay to get donor/vip to have a slightly advantage just in case the hitboxes should be really smaller I dont see an issue with that.
    Shouldn't take it to serious and only relie on the hitbox/model consistancy. Of course many use it to train their aim (smaller model need to train harder) but some also just see it as a fun gamemode.
    I am kinda sure some people on arena would buy the donator status for some custom models because other than on surf/bhop you cant use !hide. So they basically make more sense then on surf/bhop. Therefor a great addition to the donator perks.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  5. Smile

Smile Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    i think that it will affect the performance with fps drops and the server may become unstable..i've seen it on other servers not that much on 1v1 server tho and the sv and var are going 30+

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Oh and it will increase the downloadtimes for newcomers

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Smile

Smile Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    oh yes..i didnt think of that and i believe that none will wait 10 min to download all the files

8. Rizor

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I guess we will just have to try out if it is going to effect the server performance in any way.
    Maybe cause everyone was allowed to use it? I mean if only a few poeple use it (exclusive for donators/admins this might not occure).

It does slightly. Beside the map you dont have to download anything though. So 5 models shouldnt be to much. Beside the fact that the arena servers are currently very high populated also because of the fact that they are 128tick which most of the competing servers aren't. Im not seeing the risk of getting less population because of that. And if it does we could still remove them afterwards again if we notice an increased drop of population.

Pros:
    - custom models for admins / donators to show up
    - increase attractiveness of the donator perks (atleast for Arena 1v1 in this case) which may result in more subscribers

Cons:
    - additional download time for newcomers (tbd. how much longer this would be)
    - probably server perfomance issues as smile pointed out (will have to try this)

9. Baiyan

Baiyan im so high Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Any time I've played on a deathmatch or 1v1 server with custom models I've ended up getting pissed because there's always at least one model that doesn't allign with hitboxes, meshes too well with a map or is just off-putting to fight against because it's so different to what you're used to shooting at. As mentioned, it's also going to affect download speed and possible performance issues for those with potatoes.

Just keep it simple imo, I could understand for why you'd want this for a non-combat based gamemode like surf or bhop, but you don't need custom models in a 1v1 server.

10. Smile

Smile Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    its for a mode like deathrun,ze and different fun modes but not for surf,bhop,1v1,dm etc. just imagine that the normal models have wrong hitboxes already..imagine with custom models what it would be..i say keep it as it is and if u want, get it on a test server and check the performance,hitboxes etc.

11. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Not going to happen.

Apart from hitbox issues, I also don't want clients to download hundreds of files only useful to a few people if they only want to play.
    The only place (like mentioned) where this has a place is ZE/DR, maybe MG.

Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.