Rejected [Server Ban] Appeal - Darkregen

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by Ziris, Sep 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ziris

Ziris Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    SteamRep block
    | steamname: Darkregen
    | steam3ID: [U:1:73000751]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:36500375
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198033266479
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/MeMeRegen
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198033266479

What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    Darkregen

When did it happen?
    A year ago.

What's the specified reason?
    Shitposting myself into oblivion.

Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    To start off, this isnt a server ban, but a forum ban. Aswell as please do not explode this thread into oblivion, if you dont know me/werent a part of the community before my ban, please refrain from posting. Post your opinion and be done with it, there's no need to cause a shitstorm over this thread, also please dont post just to throw insults.

First of all, im not gonna pull a "I've changed" meme here, I cant say that i have changed at all, because that's up to everyone that knows me if i have. Currently im only playing on Jailbreak with other regulars/admins and having a great time. To clarify, im not appealing to post my shit all over the forums, i only wish to be unbanned solely for the purpose of having a say in any possible posts regarding me. Im not here to add insult to injury, or just to have a giggle at people who's going to "attack" me during this thread. As i stated, im ONLY here to be able to have a say in threads that involve me. I understand that i've had shitloads of chances to stop whatever i was doing before i was banned, but i didnt, obviously. I've refrained from touching anything FoG related since my ban, no shitposting on an alt account just "for fun" or the like. I'd appreciate if people would post something constructive instead of throwing a temper tandrum or just saying "This guy was an asshole", because i know im an asshole on demand, and i reckon i will continue to be so for a few years. But yet again, i am only asking to be unbanned so i have to opportunity to post on threads regarding me or anything i ACTUALLY have a say in, may it be admin reports or reports on me.

Thanks.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  2. Littlemadtiger

Littlemadtiger Forum Police Member

Hmm. "also please dont post just to throw insults." and "I'm not here to add insult to injury," this is the same thing you were thinking last year around this time, when you said this in a chat log to me, when you got forum banned:
    Darkregen-09/18/2016
    Hey did you want to say something to my face instead of being a bitch
    K still a bitch ayylmao

You were aggressive towards everyone, including people you associated with. The forums, was the place you made your nesting for memes. Again, this is not to insult you, this is to clarify exactly what type of person you were up to this forum ban. This is when we actually had a chat board on the forums page still. I came out of the area to point it out, and that is when we got into a tussle (thus the start of the chat logs between us up above). I admit I was really ticked off that you wanted to ruin your chances on the forums too; thus I acted immaturely too.

If you really want to be able to post on the forums again, I'm going to ask you 7 questions. This is at your disclosure to answer these, but it would really nice to show everyone what type of change you have started to do. More so, the progress you have made. I want to see honest answers; not memes.

1-Why were you forum banned?
    2-What were the reasons you were permanently banned all those 4 times, including the one by Avaritia?
    3-What was your response to your forum ban?
    4-What steps have you taken to combat your mistakes?
    5-What opinions do you might still have about the community? (Please, answer this one honestly; opinions are good)
    6-Is there still a need to do other things, besides comment on posts related to you?
    7-Why should we un-ban you from the forums?

I might ask a couple more questions beyond these if I still can't connect the dots. Again, if you answer these with integrity, I might consider support.

• List
  3. Koga73

Koga73 kill @all Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The reason you give for an unban is to me, completely pointless.
    Why can't you discuss threads "about you" on discord if I might ask?
    Does everyone else deserve 5 chances as well, after a 'permanent' ban?
    What have changed in this 1 year? I want to know your own opinion about you.
    Mostly asking since I'm still seeing the same stuff on your steam profile, where you openly want to display that you have been banned from here, which seems like you are proud if it.

I honestly don't want you on the forums again.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  4. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Since Dark has a replyban on the forum on his alt account (for whatever reason, no idea who came up with that ingenius plan to replyban the guy that is appealing) I'm gonna act as a temporary medium. im posessed pls call the exorcist
    1) I was forum banned for shitposting.
    2) 2 of those bans got changed to a 24 hour or 1 week ban, they were a result of shitstorms that i participated. The ban by yoda i have no clue about, neither does he. And the last one was by Watson, which was because i was being a right cunt towards everyone, in a toxic way.
    3) I didnt really respond to it, i just went along with my life and didnt really bother with FoG now until i've started playing on Jailbreak again.
    4) I've not really tried to combat it, i didnt expect to play on FoG server again, which was a personal call i made myself, to avoid witchhunting or doing more stupid shit than i've done already.
    5) I still think FoG has the exact same problems as it did when i joined. Admins favoritising regulars/friends which just ruins the experience, i've been banned for starting shitstorms about it and it obviously hasnt changed since, you even got an admin suspended not too long ago for the exact reason.
    6) No, i dont feel the need to respond to anything that hasnt something to do with me. And
    7) I honestly have no idea why you should, i dont deserve another chance everyone knows that, i even acknowledge it myself.

Regarding the discord thing, honestly, because it wont have the same effect as on the forums, you got multiple people not even on the discord server, which makes me unable to give my feedback efficiently. The bans, not really. I mean, you got Damiensdk which had about the same amount of chances as me, i dont deserve any other chances, i've had my fill. What has changed? I honestly dont know, i grew up and stopped being a shitkid? And regarding my profile, i forgot that it even was there, i rarely view my own steam profile, i made that shit about a year ago. I'd want to sit down and talk to all of you and answer your questions over voice, if you want.

5. Polygone

Polygone Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    He's come back to Jailbreak and his behavior is acceptable.
    I know him good enough that I know that he can be an absolute fucking twat, but he's acceptable nonetheless.
    I feel like he matured, but that's my perspective.

6. Different

Different Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You haven't changed much, in my opinion. Maybe you were worse before, but it's not like you are an angle now.
    In JB you are a typical toxic player that bullies kids and new players. Some people might think you are funny, but that doesn't compensate for the fact that you can easily hurt someone's heart on the other side of the screen.

Will unbanning you magically changes you and stops all the shitposts/memes in one-day time span? Probably not.
    Besides, didn't you insult FoG before?

You should've thought about what a ban can do to you (Prevents you from posting, regardless if the thread includes you or not) before getting banned, four damn times.

You had multiple chances before and it's not like you deserved them.
    I agree with some of the admins here, i don't want to see you on the forums again.

7. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I dont know you for that long of time, but from the time i know you, i know you good enough to tell that you are a mix between fun and a conplete asshole (same as me).

So if i had the final word, it would be a 'yes'

But im not the one accepting / denying this appeal.

-Ghost
    #unbanDark

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  8. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Since people want me to post a reply here it is (I'll keep it short because I'm a lazy butthole)

The first guy to approach me in this community 2 years ago was Darkregen. He was the guy that showed me around on the forums and explained who is who. My first attempt to get to know some people from the community was to play Borderlands and he was the first to sign in. Since day 1 I liked Dark as a person. The one big issue he has, which he is well aware of, is that he really can't hold back when he doesn't like something. He always has to blurt out what he thinks before he thinks a step ahead. Which ends up getting him into shit he doesn't need to be in. Dark is a nice lad, accept it or not, but its true. He just has a big mouth. Regardless he did some bad stuff in the past, but hey, I'm actually putting down the favourism card here and say unban him. No promises that he will stop now, that he won't step over the line again. But a year passed, so why not.

9. .ax

.ax idk Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I've been here since 2014 and seen enough of Dark's shenanigans to have noticed that he has matured. I haven't seen how he acts on jailbreak but judging by what I've seen on Discord, he is far from the Darkregen I somewhat knew in 2014/2015.

In this ban appeal he promises to mind only his own business and only post on threads he's interested in. He's an active member of the community especially on the jailbreak server and probably has opinions on the subjects considering that server and the people revolving around it. So why wouldn't we allow him to express his opinions?

Has he had an awful past with this community? - For the most part, yes.
    Do some people still hate him? - Yes.
    Will it affect your life if this appeal gets denied? - No, since he will still be playing on jailbreak with or without being allowed to post on the forums.
    Will it affect your life if this appeal gets accepted? - No, since he'd only mind his own business.

I honestly think he should get unbanned as long as he keeps his word and gives out constructive criticism that could actually be beneficial to people.

10. D4gger

D4gger Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Tbh i got to know you as a shithead.
    Shittalking and insulting everywhere you could.
    Your mouth is too big for you to be able to Control it properly. I guess I'm like you in that way.
    I've read a lot and I've seen a lot. a lot of good Things more bad Things tho.
    Since this is a Forum ban nr 5 if i counted correctly you should've learned from nr. 1-4 IMO.
    Nonetheless if you Keep it to your own shit, you should be unbanned.

#unbandarkregen

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  11. Pablo The Wizard

Pablo The Wizard Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    #deadthread?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    So, after letting this rest for a while and giving it a good thought, I have decided to keep your ban intact.
    Simply because you have barely changed (from what I was able to see on Discord, at least) since the last time you got banned.
    You have also had more than enough chances to improve your behaviour, but chose not to.

I have also placed a ban on your alt now, as you will not be able to appeal anymore either.
    Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.