Accepted Ban Appeal - ✪ Swagbraham Lincoln & Donald Pump (Alt)

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by D4gger, Sep 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D4gger

D4gger Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    SteamRep block
    | steamname: ✪ Swagbraham Lincoln
    | steam3ID: [U:1:119064614]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:59532307
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198079330342
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/SwagbrahamL
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198079330342

What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    ✪ Swagbraham Lincoln & Donald Pump (Alt)

When did it happen?
    July 2nd 2017

What's the specified reason?
    - insulting (admins and players)
    - rude
    - racism
    - advertising drug site
    - constantly swearing
    - inappropiate language

Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    First and foremost: Yes I am actually doing this and I'm serious about it.
    No trolling, no bullshitting etc.

Now where do I begin? I have been banned for two months now, which is not even that Long of a time period. When having to surf on silent and or just plain boring and bad Servers it truly feels like an eternity.

I Had the best of times on the surf beginner 1-2 Server for quite a while and have been a regular since almost a year (with some downtime) I met some amazing and funny People there and even made some friends. I Also portrayed myself as a true cunt, especially in the beginning.
    I have been muted and warned several times.

I don't have Counter-proof for the accusations that are above.
    I do however have some explanations that might help you think otherwise.
    Insulting: Not an excuse here, i use foul language and i swear A LOT to say it in the vaping bogan's way Parental Advisory: I SAY FUCK A LOT. I have quoted racist memes and that might not be OK, but i vagely remember some admin saying: If it is a Quote which isn't overly racist or linked to nazism, it is frowned upon but will not get you banned. (I do not know who this was since it was a Long time ago)

Racism:
    I seem to be guilty here (look at the Report) I have said this many times: I act a lot. especially in the evidence given, it was clearly acting as an old american White male. I did this with a friend first and foremost because it seemed funny, a lot of People enjoyed it and because there was a heated discussion in Trumpland going on about Racism and White surpremacy.
    To be quite honest, i dont care if youre black, White, yellow or from space. Hell i dont even care if youre gay, lesbian or all of the above. I do however believe that some words given the context mean harm to People and i apologize if anyone felt offended by what I said.
    I'm not perfect and definetaly not without failures.

Advertising: Finally a short one.
    It was a joke, i wasn't thinking about People literally taking this serious.

Constantly swearing:
    Yes I do use offensive language, however i do not think this puts any weight on the other accusations. who doesn't swear and it's not like i use "Bad Words" every second.
    I see inappropriate language the same way. I do apologize for my Chat logs as they seem to Show the toxic side of me. I use my mic 99% of the time and im nice 75% of the time. Sometimes i get carried away and sometimes i get triggered. Happens to anyone, no exceptions.

Why i should be unbanned:
    To be honest, i learned my lesson. I'm changing my behaviour for the Server as i want to Play on EU's best and most vistited sever again. I will probably not even speak that much anymore since i have become somewhat of a meme (which is quite disturbing).What I did was wrong in many eyes as i see for myself. I hope to get a second Chance to prove i have a different side then the one displayed on the evidence in my Report.

Be nice in the comments, please.

ps: Before the reconnecting while banned story comes up: you will see multiple tries to reconnect. a few times because I couldn't believe I was banned (same day) and a few other times because most beginner surf servers start with surf beginner 1-2 and I didn't pay attention to it. I have since marked them and have been trying to keep an eye on it.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Trisstar

Trisstar Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Cred goes to Dark Red

3. D4gger

D4gger Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Quote to him for partially revealing private messages. anyway, pls look at the date. I was going mental that day and sincerely apologized on FoG discord for overreacting.

4. Littlemadtiger

Littlemadtiger Forum Police Member

(Reworded post for easier understanding)

Your behavior in the server was aimed at admins, and members alike. I've come to understand you really weren't known for keeping your cool. I understand that your time was spent being active, but we expect everyone to adibe by the set rules.

You might come across a nice guy to your friends. That doesn't necessarily mean you should be unbanned for acting nice in discord for 2 seconds. Again, I don't necessarily like those who attack admins without prior reason.

Oh, but wait. Let me openly state this in FoG. You decide what you say, you are old enough.

Tiger out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale Duchess' biggest fan of all time. Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Tbh i talk quite a lot to him, i consider him a friend, regardless, i am not subjective, whenever I was online, yeah, he was making bad and dark jokes, but whenever i told him its getting to much, he stopped. He apologized even. Hes nowhere racist. And i feel like his ban app wont get through, just because certain ppl dont like him... He is sorry and he misses the server... I dont even know why im telling this, but i feel like most people dont believe him, when hes saying it.
    And yes, i know he can be a pain in the ass. Regardless i want to see him getting a second chance, everyone deserves a second chance and we gave otger people second chances so why not him?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. D4gger

D4gger Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep

I feel the need to address this.
    I have only EVER mocked and aimed swear words in a mean way to: avaritia/Yoda and dark red. To avaritia it was because I was a lot different in the beginning and I admit I was acting horrible. talked about it seemed fine, out of this world for my part.

I don't like dark red and probably never will. I will not state why but I'll give a hint to releasing private messages and his behaviour prior to being suspended.
    To my knowledge that was it.

7. Rizor

Rizor eZ Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hi swag,
    how are you?

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. D4gger

D4gger Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    good & you?
    Would be nice to keep this clean instead of casually talking in here tho

9. Rizor

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Im fine aswell. And yes sure thats why I wanted to start of clean aswell.
    So let's start this by just answering this questions please and dont talk to much around them if possible:

1. Dont you think you shouldve waited longer?

2. How many times do you have been warned? And by how many persons?

3. Do you think this have changed within 2 months?

4. How many admins do we currently have on Surf Beginner 1-2 and do you think they would all agree with that?

5. Do you think acting does make anything better? I mean you can cover anything behind acting. I could act that I am a nazi even if I am not but I would still hurt poeple with it probably? So if racism / nazism is against the rules in any kind/form what makes you think its ok when you act it?

6. Do you think the 25% have changed within the last 2 months?

7. Dont you think changing your behaviour just for one server is the wrong way? I mean have you ever thought about changing your behaviour overall?

8. No private messages have been leaked here. They were all public in Discord since you wrote this in general. Dark just quoted you out of general.

9. So how did my name get here then?
    [​IMG]

And I have 3 other questions left:
    10. Could you please copy me all the § out of the rules which you broke?
    11. What made you think being a Donator gives you immunity to rules when it is even stated on the donation site?
    [​IMG]
    12. What do you think would be the profit for us unbanning you?

Please use the numbers 1-12 to answer them.

10. D4gger

D4gger Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Okay wow...

12: I don't see why it has to be profitable to unban a player who has been helpful, a regular and brought people to the server.
    Hell i even helped admins with gathering evidence on people who were breaking the rules.

11: I do not think it grants me immunity. I have talked about this on discord and went with the wrong conceptions i had.

10. You have a brain and arms yourself to go to the CSGO rules page and read them yourselves. Since you're a Senior i suppose you know them all.
    If you want to act smug against be, don't do it beneath the surface. It's not funny either.

9. As i said before, i sincerely apologized for that on Discord already, i don't see any reason to adress this again other than you maybe holding a grudge against me atm.

8. @Dark Red@Dark Red HAS leaked private messages from me to him on Discord already If not deleted you can still see them. iF you have looked at the second Screenshot: Direktnachricht = Private Message.If not deleted you can still see them.

7. I never said I wouldn't, did I? You do assume stuff you know nothing about especially after not having spoken to me, except for answering my question, why i got muted. (your "Warning")

6. Yes

5. Acting as a Nazi is something way different than what I did. Still acting but without the humour. I get it, some people don't get the jokes and might be offended.
    I cannot guarantee that no one will get offended by anything I say if that was your point.

4. Including N0name it would be 14. I don't think you would agree with that, then again i got told by an Admin who either resigned or got demoted.
    As I said before I don't know the name anymore.

3. Yes, some people actually take criticism serious and change their behaviour. I would count myself in on being such a person.

2. I believe i got muted 4 times (3 of those are 1 year ago, 1 of them was invoked maybe a week before me getting banned)
    Warned a couple of times 1 year ago , once by SpaveN and if you call it a warning: After me asking you why you muted me. If there were any more, sorry for forgetting but i truly don't remember.
    don't remember.

1. I could've however I want to be able to play on the Server again, as it is my favourite surf server and i've spent a lot of time there.
    People can learn to change. Some in days, some in months, some in years.

Thank you for your thorough investigation, i'm gonna cool my fingers in water now.

11. Rizor

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Im just doing this to help finding a decision on this. And there are still some points open:

7. You just said you are doing it for the server. Im not assuming anything. So could you please answer the question appropiate? I mean have you ever thought about changing your behaviour overall?

8. you asked him to leak it so where exactly is the problem now with this?
    [​IMG]

10. I do know them all you are right. And I dont want to be anything underneath the surface. I am dead serious asking you to copy each and single § you broke into this conversation.

12. Could you please make a pro / contra list of good and bad things you did? So we have an overview.

PRO:
    -
    -

CONTRA:
    -
    -

12. D4gger

D4gger Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep

You might have your intentions, i don't know what they are. I will not assume.

7. Just because I want to change my behaviour doesn't mean i'm like that in real life does it? I'm adjusting the online Persona to the real life more serious me.

8. I asked him specifically to openly state 2-3 Texts and he published them all, which i never asked of him.

10: §2a No racism or discrimination of any kind
    §2c Linking to sites in chat (If you call webname.domain advertising)
    §2e Do not spam the chat and radio commands (a year ago)
    §2g Only English and German in the text chat (I did write in Dutch like 5 sentences in total).
    §2d Swearing is allowed but please keep it to a minimum (not in my eyes, but everyone has different oppinions about where the line is)

12: Ill give you one:

Pro: I bring people to the server, who actually stay. I animate people to stay longer, i entertain people. I know the rules pretty well and help people to get to know the rules aswell. I can assist admins if EVER needed. If not, so be it.
    Con: There is no con for asking for a second chance, if you don't like my changes you can just ban me again. I'm not asking to be a king, I'm just asking to be able to reconnect to the surf server.

Here's a question to you, since you're pretty keen on asking.
    Why do I need to answer ALL of these questions, when NONE of this has ever been asked to do on any Ban appeal I've seen to date.
    It does feel like harrassment, since I do know, that you dislike me. If you're think im such a joke and i should not be unbanned: just tell me.
    I'll accept your oppinion and move on.

13. Rizor

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well you have put some effort into your appeal. So it is just fair putting some effort in the analysis whether you deserve another chance or not dont you think. And if its the right time to give you another chance thats all. Again I dont have any intentions than breaking this clean up as you also wanted to. I dont have anything against you personally trust me. I just dont like rulebreakers especially the ones who should know them when they even call themselve a regular.

I still dont like your pro / contra list though could you please take the template and put more effort into it:

PRO:
    -
    -

CONTRA:

-
    -

Really take your time on this and try to mention all the things. Some you already mentioned but please make this in a clean list for us so we have a clean overview about this.

14. D4gger

D4gger Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    PRO:
    - I bring people to the server
    - I entertain people
    - I animate people to be online, longer.
    - I can help new players
    - I can help admins gather evidence (As I did before)
    - I know the rules
    - I could help to make the community bigger
    - I regret my behaviour and showed that I can be a different kind of person.

CONTRA:
    - I could not have changed.
    - I could make things even worse.
    - I could animate people doing the same (Very hypothetical here)
    - I might mis use the second chance.
    - I could get banned again (some may see this as pro?)

To be honest. This is all i can think of.

15. Rizor

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    aight thank you so far. I think this will help the other finding their decision on this.

Why do you behaved different when admins where on the server compared to times when no admin was online?
    You must have known you were breaking rules with your behaviour so was it your try to hide it in front of admins? I mean do you honestly think this works?

16. D4gger

D4gger Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You're welcome.
    I didn't do that all the time. At most maybe 3 times and that was when i got to know the new admins.
    I've been equal to either admins being online or not. I've been helping admins who tab down or went AFK while "Administrating" for longer periods of time aswell.
    There are always 2 sides to a coin.

To be honest: When no Admins are online there is no one to tell you, you're going too far and there are way worse cases than mine, who are not being mentioned whatshowever. I do understand it's about me but regard what a few admins do, while there is no one to stop them aswell.
    I remember a case where i was joking around and a new admin told me to stop, because i went too far. I stopped, apologized and all was good.

17. Rizor

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    There might be worse cases yes. And if you have to learn something then it is to understand on your own that you are going to far without anybody telling you.

Dont hype this now but I would give you one last chance.
    I think you have understood that you have to change something and we do not tolerate such things on the servers. It doesn't matter if its acting/humour or anything else. Racism/Nazism isn't tolerated in any kind/form on the servers. There are other topics to be funny with.
    Can just hope for you that you wont fuck it up again.

The decision will be up to the management though.
    Good luck with your appeal.
    And as you see you were wrong about me.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  18. D4gger

D4gger Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    "There might be worse cases yes. And if you have to learn something then it is to understand on your own that you are going to far without anybody telling you"
    True actually.

Thank you for your honest oppinion.

19. Miller1989

Miller1989 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I will not say whether I feel if he should get unbanned or stay banned. I will just say how I personally see Swagbraham and maybe this might change the way people see him and understand him a little bit better.

I find him to be very amusing at times but also a huge pain in the behind. He is a little bit of everything, cancer and normal.
    The one thing I can most certainly say about him is that he has always been very outspoken with how he feels. With this I mean that he is a very emotional person and unfortunately doesn't always think before saying or doing something. When he does something wrong I don't think he does it in an evil way but only because he just can't control his feelings that well.
    Him being an emotional person is even shown here in his ban appeal. And he is not being hateful towards anyone and just trying to explain his point of view and also admitting his mistakes, which is more then a lot of people have done in their appeals.

Whether you like him or not I think you can at least see that he is not a bad person.
    Anyways, I hope this may explain, and I am not trying to excuse his behavior, why he does certain things.

Good luck with the appeal.

Cheers.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. D4gger

D4gger Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Wow, Miller.
    Thank you for saying the things i can't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.