Implemented New trade plaza map

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by The Outlander, Jul 25, 2017.

?

Should trade plaza map be updated?

1. update trade plaza version

2. Keep trade plaza 2

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Outlander

The Outlander Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hello ;D im made this thread because i want to suggest a map change for the trade server of FoG, Tradeplaza 2 its a good map, but its kinda old, there are a lot of people Who played it for years and years.. , and people usually ask for a map switch, i dont wanna suggest another totaly diffrent map, but yes maybe an update of Trade Plaza version cuz there are a lot of cool versions of this one, with more Doors rooms etc, and as i said, for people like me this map its a bit outdated, for example i been playing this around on 2010 or something Like that for a long long time, well nothing else, i hope tje people from the community give me his support cuz i saw a lot of people Who thinks alike ;).
    PS: Another trade plaza with more spawn exits Will prevent the hated spawncamping :D
    Thanks for your time
    Outlander

2. Maestro

Maestro Obnoxious shitkid Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I prefer trade_rawr.
    @cetru@cetru amirite

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. ChuppaChups

ChuppaChups Cool kid Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hello.You need to upgrade this map its the same one for years.It needs to change (ik this comment is sh*t but deal with it) - Chuppa

4. Maestro

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  5. Slowis

Slowis Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I hope the map will get changed or updated since you can not really stop snipers unless you counter them as a sniper yourself. I fully support the concept with a map change.

6. cetru

cetru Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'm pretty sure the old map got changed to the actual one (trade_plaza) because it's more popular which means more players joining the server, and since the server was dead that was the right thing to do. But I got bored of this map pretty fast (reasons said by others above) when it got changed, while I have never got bored of trade_rawr even tho it was on Trade #1 for years. I'm not suggesting we need to get back to that particular map, but changing it would be a good thing to do (since many regulars would want that). At least we can give it a try and, if the server goes dead again, change the map back (since there are the !givemeall/!giveitems commands I doubt it'll become that empty). And as for what map to change it to, I don't know many trade maps (except trade_rawr ofc), don't really go to other trade servers these days.

7. FoG • Aesthi

FoG • Aesthi Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Im with you Outlander !

8. Hayden Storm

Hayden Storm Member

If I remember correctly there was a time when FoG had an active unusual trade server, hell it even had its own map dedicated to it. Good times... Anyway that's about that regarding Trade #2. Let's talk about Trade #1. Even though regulars remain on it, its current state is not as good as it used to be. Spawncamping with 3-4 sentries ensues quite frequently, teleportation into enemy spawn griefing happens too.. The map width is unnecessarily big, kills the fun of freeroaming all this way just to get sniped whatever it is the distance. I admit, there was a time where trade_rawr was empty for hours on end. The map change, the tags, the new !givemeall/!giveitems plugins are all fine additions, but in regards to a server map personally I would look at it as a sort of failsafe, a temporary one at that. Oh and another thing - player slots. Trade #2 has 32, being a minecraft map it's understandable, but why shouldn't #1 have that? Most admins applied for this position at a time when the map was trade_rawr. Even though they keep the activity there are times when absence of administration is what leads to the supposed griefing/trolling. Because the lack of sight in the menacing *TA/JA/SA/VA* tag gives griefers the impression they'll get away with it. Months have passed. Mission accomplished. Trade is back on track. Dodge ball was turned into Trade #2 IIRC, both have a steady player count. I think it's high time we switch back to trade_rawr. If that were to be implemented, perhaps some regulars who are reading this thread, are to converse with other regulars, wanting their feedback, which would ultimately result in whether the map is to remain or not. Player count is also a major factor. If the change doesn't sustain the player count, then I'd give it up and say "Well, I guess trade_rawr is past its prime"

9. The Outlander

The Outlander Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    There are more versions of trade plaza than rawr.

10. Hayden Storm

Hayden Storm Member

I knew that. Just can't be bothered with looking up the one previously used.
    EDIT: didn't read the entire statement
    Uh well you've got a point, though why must it always be trade_plaza, why not sth that stands in difference opposed to other communities' servers

11. Eevee SkillZ

Eevee SkillZ Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I WILL :D

12. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    If I do a map change at all, I would rather try a different variant of plaza, seeing how most other trade maps are dead.
    Rawr won't be coming back - the few hours I had it on the server (accidentally switched to it after an update), the server barely reached 5 players.

Please suggest one below. If it kills the server too much (e.g. doesn't go up above 50% of its capacity), I will go back to trade_plaza_2 (current map).
    Regarding player slots: these will stay at 24, as the host machine isn't powerful enough for 32.

13. The Outlander

The Outlander Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hello n0name i can suggest a map called : trade_plaza_ox3_b4_7
    Not much servers have it and some of them are full of players
    What the map offers:
    Big enviroments
    3 spawn exits
    Tons of working doors and elevators!! Include a protectiong doors for the spawn
    Ventilation ducts with a lot of possibilities to exit! (this remembered me to Counter Strike , Cs_Assault times xD)
    Boxing ring
    Pyro tennis room
    Outside place!
    Relaxing room
    The typic trade plaza area
    Shooting range (LOL)
    Sniper towers outside with elevators
    Pool room and much more!!
    Dressing room
    The map its really great, GOOD FPS, and every room its connected dam well! you can go to every room from anyplace you are!
    Ill give here some screenshot but believe me you need to try it to see how fully of details its
    Screenshoots.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1089926999
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1089927240
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1089927182
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1089927124
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1089927374
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1089927076
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1089927124

If you want to see them on the gallery click here : http://steamcommunity.com/id/outlander1212/screenshots/
    This map really worth it for real, you must test it !

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  14. Maestro

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The one above me looks even bigger than the current one, adding to Hayden: it's far too big in my opinion.

15. The Outlander

The Outlander Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    In my opinion its better like that, cuz sometimes you want be friendly and people are disturbing around, by the way there are good zones for fighting, more than the current one cuz its dam little xd, remember its a trade server so.. fighting isnt the first fact (but as i said there will be nice wars, because the spots are really great) anyway i recommended it because i see that one have tons of details what will make the curious people enjoy and fun, like go with your friends to relax to the team room, make enginneer partys, there are a lot of stuff to do, btw the point of the ventilation ducts its pretty cool (i didnt showed it on the screenshot but you have an exit on each spawn)
    Its a trade server, all is not killing (that doesnt mean it wont happen... HARDLY :rolleyes:)
    Just give this map an oportunity :cool:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  16. Maestro

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I hardly doubt it'll be a friendly server, trade servers =/= trading. It is all about tryharding, but anyways, I see no reason not to take this into consideration.

Might be a fine addition, unless it only attracts free-to-plays. Which is a bad thing to be honest, most aren't even able to chat in English.
    Might give this a shot.

17. The Outlander

The Outlander Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Yes it Will not be a friendly server but people Can hide a bit if they dont want war on that moment xD but yyou Can take choices there and many possibilities e.e

18. Maestro

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Correct me if I'm mistaken.
    But is there parts of Orange included in this map?

If so, I'll downvote that suggestion as we already have a orange server that is barely walking.

19. The Outlander

The Outlander Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Only the outside place but its coloured, btw the rest of rooms are brand New i dont see why thats a problem since the map its big.

20. Maestro

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I find it problematic.
    We already have a Orange server, why bother adding another, in this case to a trade server. I vote No to that.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.